Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1l6wkf15 said:
For the cost of Suh we could have just kept Bennett and Sherman and probably save a few million.

We could keep Bennett and Sherman and get decreasing impact due to age and injuries. But that would be unwise.

chris98251

Reaction score
Too much Madden in this thread, ASJ for a decent price isn't a reach but everything concerning Suh when we are going another direction based on whats trending isn't practical.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":26a7qk85 said:
Too much Madden in this thread, ASJ for a decent price isn't a reach but everything concerning Suh when we are going another direction based on whats trending isn't practical.

You know the direction we're headed better than the guys who are spearheading the moves?

You'll know what the direction is when you know what Pete and John do next, until then all you have is speculation about what you think these moves have meant

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2840thhw said:
chris98251":2840thhw said:

You know the direction we're headed better than the guys who are spearheading the moves?

You'll know what the direction is when you know what Pete and John do next, until then all you have is speculation about what you think these moves have meant

Better then all the people that were wearing all those broken Rose Colored Glasses on the ground.

We are in the Pieces market not a piece market.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":2xrqydtm said:
flmmkrz":2xrqydtm said:
chris98251":2xrqydtm said:

Better then all the people that were wearing all those broken Rose Colored Glasses on the ground.

We are in the Pieces market not a piece market.

Petes wanted that beast 3 tech forever, he got a sniff of it with Sheldon, they chased it with Malik...if neither are available dont' be surprised if Pete gets his piece.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why he will spend cheaper for Sheldon and loner then Expensive for Suh for a shorter window if it happens at all.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":1iklzupj said:
Why he will spend cheaper for Sheldon and loner then Expensive for Suh for a shorter window if it happens at all.

I'm not saying Suhs a given far from it, but Sheldon signing isn't a lock either, if he gets a big offer elsewhere and this becomes Petes back up, I don't think he'll hesitate.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1n24d9k5 said:
chris98251":1n24d9k5 said:

I'm not saying Suhs a given far from it, but Sheldon signing isn't a lock either, if he gets a big offer elsewhere and this becomes Petes back up, I don't think he'll hesitate.

This is a two phase visit check Suh and what they are asking and to see if Richardson is leveraging us as well or serious about wanting to be here.

Both players will get contracts somewhere, it's enticing Sheldon or making him make a choice.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
.net on a potential Suh signing: locker room cancer, dirty player, don’t do it...
.net if he becomes a Seahawk: great signing, bolsters the dline, great FA add,...

kf3339

Reaction score
All I know is that there are only a few really dominant 3tech studs in the game today. Suh to me is still in the top 3 or 4 for that position in this league. Maybe only for 2-3 years, that is true.

When I made my GM posts, I thought SR is probably in the top 10 and would be the best option for us. But right now he is not Suh and probably will never be that dominant.

If PC is really trying to field a team that can get back and win another SB in that time frame I think Suh can be that guy for us. Aaron is not coming over from the Rams to help us out. That is a fact.

So to me if it happens I roll with Suh.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":35xohtqo said:
Another cancer in the locker room? Come on people. Just no.

People said the same thing about SR. He seemed to do ok. If Suh is signed and plays great for us and causes no problems then its a good deal

He has played 122 games out of 128 in his NFL career at a high level. If the FO sends him away, I will assume there was an issue. If we sign him, I will assume the positives out weighed the negatives.

12forlife

Reaction score
kf3339":14ps7veg said:
All I know is that there are only a few really dominant 3tech studs in the game today. Suh to me is still in the top 3 or 4 for that position in this league. Maybe only for 2-3 years, that is true.

When I made my GM posts, I thought SR is probably in the top 10 and would be the best option for us. But right now he is not Suh and probably will never be that dominant.

If PC is really trying to field a team that can get back and win another SB in that time frame I think Suh can be that guy for us. Aaron is not coming over from the Rams to help us out. That is a fact.

So to me if it happens I roll with Suh.

Totally agree!! I have the feeling if we were to sign SR to a long term contract he would never play up to his cap hit, and we would just find ourselves in the same situation we are trying to move on from. Suh isn't near the prick / head case he was back in Detroit. He is still Dominant, and could be a great mentor for Reed & Naz. I say bring him in on a 3 yr deal that we are able to get out of cheap on year 3 if need be. Hopefully we have the draft picks available next year to look for his replacement to mold. People will attack this signing all day long with trading Bennett, but Suh is nearly 2 yrs younger, and is healthier, not as versatile, no, but like you said besides Aaron, who else would you rather have that can pressure the QB @ the 3tech? We desperately need pass rush with more then likely having a young backfield learing the NFL way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
A-Dog":1jdhwc1r said:
Crizilla":1jdhwc1r said:
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.
please post links to articles or clips that speak to the assertion that Suh is a locker room cancer

I am not aware of this - like everyone else I've seen the clips of Suh being dirty on the field, and noted his personal fouls and whatnot, but I've not heard (or don't remember) anything about being a cancer off the field

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 7_25921142

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
I think picking up Suh is a great start to moving on from the LOB. Nothing helps a young secondary like pressure and Suh can still collapse a pocket and is stout against the run. He'd be just what we need for the next two years. We don't lose a comp pick and he doesn't command elite dollars.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1bsij12h said:
A-Dog":1bsij12h said:
Crizilla":1bsij12h said:
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.
please post links to articles or clips that speak to the assertion that Suh is a locker room cancer

I am not aware of this - like everyone else I've seen the clips of Suh being dirty on the field, and noted his personal fouls and whatnot, but I've not heard (or don't remember) anything about being a cancer off the field

Assuming that you read the article that you posted, there was nothing there that suggested he was a locker room cancer. Speculated that there were some players that weren't a fan of his cheap shot antics, but as shown earlier he only had two 15 yard penalties against him.

Article is spaghetti on a wall.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":de2fammf said:
pittpnthrs":de2fammf said:
A-Dog":de2fammf said:
Crizilla":de2fammf said:

Assuming that you read the article that you posted, there was nothing there that suggested he was a locker room cancer. Speculated that there were some players that weren't a fan of his cheap shot antics, but as shown earlier he only had two 15 yard penalties against him.

Article is spaghetti on a wall.

“This is really about regaining the locker room and getting the kinds of players that Dolphins coach Adam Gase wants,” Rapoport said. “… He’s kind of trying to regain the locker room and fill it with guys who really just want to play football and nothing else. Suh was a guy they deemed had to go, and now he’s expected to go.”

Seems black and white to me. The article doesnt mention financial reasons even once. Where does that leave him? I didnt think it was such a secret that Suh is pretty much a jerk no matter where he goes or where he's been. A top talented player moving on to his 3rd team,,,,,nah, cant be any red flags there.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2xk7p910 said:
pittpnthrs":2xk7p910 said:

People said the same thing about SR. He seemed to do ok. If Suh is signed and plays great for us and causes no problems you look like a fool. This is why your post is crap.

He has played 122 games out of 128 in his NFL career at a high level. If the FO sends him away, I will assume there was an issue. If we sign him, I will assume the positives out weighed the negatives.

Positives didnt outweigh the negatives for Miami. Guys a monster player and the Dolphins still want rid of him. Gee I wonder why? As for SR, he's only been here for half a season. Give him some time and he'll probably show his true colors. Especially with the lack of discipline that Carroll commands.

mistaowen

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2nq39swh said:
seahawkfreak":2nq39swh said:
pittpnthrs":2nq39swh said:

People said the same thing about SR. He seemed to do ok. If Suh is signed and plays great for us and causes no problems you look like a fool. This is why your post is crap.

Positives didnt outweigh the negatives for Miami. Guys a monster player and the Dolphins still want rid of him. Gee I wonder why? As for SR, he's only been here for half a season. Give him some time and he'll probably show his true colors. Especially with the lack of discipline that Carroll commands.

Because they're starting over and getting rid of all high paid players in Miami. They're likely moving on from Tannehill too. Apparently Sheldon is a terrible person. And Pete Carroll lacks discipline.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Suh was guaranteed to get cut this year from the moment he signed that ridiculous contract. Anything short of carrying the team on his back to a Super Bowl victory (and when was the last time a defensive player did that) meant he wasn't going to be with the team for the 2018 season.

No team is going to pay a defensive lineman 14% of their cap. Miami was either stupid (not entirely out of the question) to sign him to that contract, or they knew exactly when they were cutting him.

Neither his on-field, or off-field, behavior have been bad enough to excuse the cutting, so you are going to see some waffling about exactly why he was cut, and the locker room cancer excuse/ just looking for guys who want to play football excuse are going to get tossed out there.

It's simple economics, his contract was too big to keep for a team that isn't a perennial contender.

He isn't the same dirty player from his first two seasons. He isn't a locker room cancer. He is just a top 5 talent toward the tail end of his career. He likely has 3-4 good years left, and I hope he spends 2-3 of those with us.