Need help with fantasy football

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":9l3x93ed said:
Tech Worlds":9l3x93ed said:
Thanks guys. So am I correct about worrying about the bye week of a player in my drafting or am I just too concerned about it.

Some players go for lined up bye weeks, because you'll take one massive loss and be full strength the rest of the year. There us no perfect in fantasy, so it's not a horrid strategy.
Thanks. I think if I like the player I'm going to take him regardless of bye week.

kearly

Reaction score
I would say 5 RBs minimum even with safe starting RBs. 5 WR is probably a good benchmark too. That leaves you five spots left on a 15 man roster which should be enough to cover TE/QB/DEF/K.

In 2012, my team ended up with three of the top four RBs in fantasy that year, I ended up trading one of them midseason for a top shelf QB and the a top 5 WR. So it's always good to have talented backup RBs, if you 'hit' on one RB too many they make awesome trade chips.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Tech, you should definitely verify what the roster size is for your league before the draft, as well as what you start each week. With that said, I never like carrying just one QB. One TE on your roster is fine, but you should have two QBs.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeatownJay":geb2jn1n said:
Tech, you should definitely verify what the roster size is for your league before the draft, as well as what you start each week. With that said, I never like carrying just one QB. One TE on your roster is fine, but you should have two QBs.
The roster size is not specified in the settings. It's one of those leagues at NFL.Com. It's where I did the mock draft from inside my account. So I'm assuming it's the same?

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeatownJay":5fvjm52q said:
Do you have a link to the page for your league on nfl.com?
It requires a login so I don't think it's public.

One more question.. Am I allowed to start a wide receiver during the season in my te slot? If so I will only draft 1 te.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If it's a TE slot and not a Flex spot, then you must start a TE. Your league page should spell out what your roster limits are and what your starting requirements are. Even on nfl.com those are customizible from league to league and can be a factor in drafting strategy.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Jay. I'm just not getting the answers to these questions in my settings. Before the draft today I'll just ask the league manager guy these questions. Cause it definitely will effect my draft strategy

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":35m8vfq6 said:
So it's safe to be 1 qb or 1 te deep

Usually, yes. If you have an injury prone starter (Romo, Cutler, RG3, Gronk) at those spots then having a quality backup is recommended.