Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3vdx8hnv said:
NFSeahawks628":3vdx8hnv said:
gowazzu02":3vdx8hnv said:
NFSeahawks628":3vdx8hnv said:
Fire Bevell. One game against a bad team doesn't change my outlook.

Glad we won and scored points though.

A bad team that many...maybe even u were whining we would lose to

I wasn't whining but yea I thought we would lose. I'm logical about football. It's not personal.

Historically speaking I should have perhaps thought otherwise but happy with the result none the less.

Not sure what logic states blane gabberts gonna come into seattle and win but whatevskis..........sounds more like emotional crumutgening

Reading comprehension is important.

History says we were going to win. :34853_doh:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3jeakx4v said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3jeakx4v said:
NFSeahawks628":3jeakx4v said:
Fire Bevell. One game against a bad team doesn't change my outlook.

How about four years of consistent success on offense?

Four years in the top-10 for DVOA on offense?

You reckon you might allow yourself to be partially swayed by that?

I mean if he does it for an entire season consistently, sure. Unfortunately, he hasn't ever done it for a full season without dips and lows. I'd be proud of him though, for sure.

So how many offenses DON'T have dips and lows during a season?

You see the Steelers today?

The Cardinals?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1d4eaxwm said:
Maybe you'll want to wait on this thread until at least four weeks from now to see if this is sustained.*

*Note that if Wilson misses significant time with injury, I won't crow that I was right about the offense because obviously we were screwed anyway.

Yup. 1 game doesn't mean sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
I picked we would win, but with a much different score (12-6).

So if the thread is in reference to the result, no need. But if the thread was in reference to our play before this game it's still too soon to gauge what this means for the team. But I'm hopeful.

tom95

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3n61c3fw said:
crow.jpg
Looks yummy!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'll be the first to acknowledge I was wrong, and am happy to say so.

But consider this, OP: There is no optimism test required to gain access to this forum. There's one .NET for those who predict wins and those who predict losses.

Let that sink in for a second.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Not going to gloat, but just know we have a coaching staff that has prepared us and made in-game adjustments better than the majority of teams in the league. The season is a marathon and not a sprint and prudent fans realize that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice to see them focus and for them to come out swinging instead of testing waters, what a difference it makes when the opposition has to play from behind, Not sure why they decided to come out aggressive on offense but it looked good.

hawker84

Reaction score
Oh sweet, yet another neener neener neener thread. Few more outta do it.... Jeezus, we won, bring on the Jets...

McGruff

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1tq5353i said:
Maybe you'll want to wait on this thread until at least four weeks from now to see if this is sustained.*

*Note that if Wilson misses significant time with injury, I won't crow that I was right about the offense because obviously we were screwed anyway.

Here's the problem. Success MUST BE SUSTAINED for positivity to be justified, but it only takes one bad week for negativity to rule the roost.

That's bass ackwards if you ask me.

But I do think "negative nellies" is a misnomer, as I think most fans fans are neither nagetive nor positive. What they are is reactionary. They a knee jerk analysts that have no sense of the long term big picture, both positive and negative.

But I do suspect that if you were to have access to traffic and posting stats, that last week was far more active in the first 24 hours after a loss than this week in the 24 hours after a win.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Saying out offensive strategy needed adjustments after the first 2 games wasn't knee jerk. It was absolutely true. They did make adjustments. They spread the offense out and utilized the whole field, drawing defenders. This opens up the run, which then opens up the big play. You could actually say, if you watch the difference in play calls from last game to this one, that those calling for spread from the stupid bunched formations were absolutely correct. The only crow eaters are the "we suck and seasons over" folks. Calling for a change in strategy turned out to be absolutely correct, and I am EXTREMELY glad they didn't wait as long as they did last year to do it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3qvl0ls0 said:
They didn't approach this game much different than the previous two, they were just more effective at execution.
Bingo!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
As with the others, let's find topics that don't revolve around arguing with each other's arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts