Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Panthers)

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
My fear is the Hawks go into the Panthers game over confident feeling that they just have to show up if they do that they will lose

If they lose back-to-back home games against this Panthers team I'll eat my own face.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
The Seahawks needed that win against the Lions in the worst way. Heading into this game 0-2 would have created a collective Pucker Factor we all would have loved to avoid. At 1-1 coming off an impressive road victory against a surging Lions squad that was feeling themselves restores confidence to get back to playing solid football and not taking any team lightly.

Enter the 0-2 Panthers.

The Rams have a long history with us and in retrospect it makes perfect sense that McVay would have his team more than ready to beat the Seahawks, who clearly thought the game would be a default victory. There is no such history with the Panthers and anyone who watches football knows they are rightfully ranked towards the bottom of the league for now.

The Rams game should be a reminder to never take any team lightly, and that should be no different this week. However, the Seahawks would have to have a major collapse to give this one away.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Panthers 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 0-2 (Eeep!)
I really don't follow the woke NFL like I used to, so blindly:

Seahawks 30

Panthers 27

Shelingus

Reaction score
I expected a loss in Detroit, good win, I would like to see more of our running game, that could open up opportunities, specially for JSN, who has been misused. Hopefully this is the game, even with all the injuries I´m expecting a convincing win.

Seahawks 30
Panthers 13

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My fear is the Hawks go into the Panthers game over confident feeling that they just have to show up if they do that they will lose

That would mean that they learned absolutely nothing from Week 1 and that would illustrate a level of obtuseness and incompetency I don't want to even contemplate.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
That would mean that they learned absolutely nothing from Week 1 and that would illustrate a level of obtuseness and incompetency I don't want to even contemplate.
It wouldn’t be the 1st time the Hawks had a big road win return home and lay an egg it doesn’t matter how talented you are if you underestimate your opponent your in trouble sometimes you can get it back most of the time you won’t

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would find it easier to believe that would happen say 7 or 8 weeks from now but that loss to the Rams is still fresh and embarrassing so I think they will be plenty motivated not to have a repeat performance.

evergreen

Reaction score
I’m scared of the second string second coming phenomenon we manifest. But,
Hawks 31
Panthers 17

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks needed that win against the Lions in the worst way. Heading into this game 0-2 would have created a collective Pucker Factor we all would have loved to avoid. At 1-1 coming off an impressive road victory against a surging Lions squad that was feeling themselves restores confidence to get back to playing solid football and not taking any team lightly.

Enter the 0-2 Panthers.

The Rams have a long history with us and in retrospect it makes perfect sense that McVay would have his team more than ready to beat the Seahawks, who clearly thought the game would be a default victory. There is no such history with the Panthers and anyone who watches football knows they are rightfully ranked towards the bottom of the league for now.

The Rams game should be a reminder to never take any team lightly, and that should be no different this week. However, the Seahawks would have to have a major collapse to give this one away.

I hope your record is 1-2 after today's game. Go Hawks!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Red Rifle is not a great QB, but his style often gives Hawks fits. The Hawks are banged up! Carolina finished last season better than they have started this season.

Hawks offense might just be elite this season. With DK nursing soar ribs, Panthers should double Lockett, and that’s where other guys need to step up. Defense should have a pick this game.

Hawks 27
Carolina 23

Season 1-1

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

Enter the 0-2 Panthers.

Aros,

Really really really want to agree with you, but I just can't do it this week! Carolina still has that vaunted front seven of theirs, and the Seahawk's have exactly one healthy offensive starter across their entire O-line... Long Snapper, Chris Stoll.

Plus, there are two good general statistics that I like to follow; Time of Possession (getting harder to find), and Points Differential.

Time of Possession:
Carolina is ranked 13th in the league averaging 30:56 per game (up from last season's 28:26)
Seattle is ranked 19th in the league averaging 24:54 per game (down from last season's 28:35)
Easy to spot the current trajectory here.

Points Differential:
Carolina for this season is -17 after two games.
Seattle for this season is -11 after two games.
That's pretty close, so I have to go with the healthier team, and that being Carolina.

Even if the Hawk's do start off with 2 wins and 4 losses this year, I still believe they will be a legitimate contender by season's end. Especially if we find a Nose Tackle by the trade deadline. Do you have any thoughts on Cameron Young?

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Can’t disagree. Hopefully, players channel their inner Red Bryant.

I think they are bringing Young along slowly. Best is yet to come.

Last edited:

OsterHAWK12

Reaction score
As long as they look good and put together as a team, I'm a happy Hawk!!! A win is always a bonus, but working together and in sink is a must!!

GO HAWKS YA'LL!!!