.Net scoop is hitting the internet - opponents penalties

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2fv3i3ua said:
Seahawks averaging 8.46 for 65 per game got 8 for 67
Eagles averaging 6.85 for 59 per game got 4 for 69 (1 on offense)
:17:

And a lot of Eagles fans went into meltdown mode on twitter about how bad the officiating was in this game. :shock:

Even though we got hit 2x as much as them, I was thinking at least they let 'em play a bit. Wasn't that bad!

That's how much of a beaten down dog I am in regards to penalties, we get twice as much and I'm like, 'I'll take it!!'

RiverDog

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":vzgmdy8w said:
LawlessHawk":vzgmdy8w said:
Seahawks averaging 8.46 for 65 per game got 8 for 67
Eagles averaging 6.85 for 59 per game got 4 for 69 (1 on offense)
:17:

And a lot of Eagles fans went into meltdown mode on twitter about how bad the officiating was in this game. :shock:

Even though we got hit 2x as much as them, I was thinking at least they let 'em play a bit. Wasn't that bad!

That's how much of a beaten down dog I am in regards to penalties, we get twice as much and I'm like, 'I'll take it!!'

I did not think that we got unduly penalized in this game, as a matter of fact, they missed at least one very blatant penalty, the one where Carpenter decided to take a 15 yard stroll downfield on a forward pass. The ones Chip Kelly was whining about, the intentional groundings on Wilson, made him look silly. The refs are extremely reluctant to call intentional grounding as it conflicts with their marching orders to protect quarterbacks. There was another one early in the game on a play where Kam knocked down a pass that I thought was defensive pass interference, but it was close and could have gone either way.

To the Philly fans, I'd simply tell them the truth, which is that no single missed penalty or series of penalties was going to change the outcome of that game, which was much worse than the score would indicate. They got their arses handed to them.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
RiverDog":263yb2d1 said:
I did not think that we got unduly penalized in this game, as a matter of fact, they missed at least one very blatant penalty, the one where Carpenter decided to take a 15 yard stroll downfield on a forward pass.

In Carp's defense, that was a busted screen play where the QB typically throws the ball into the turf and play's over. Russ did his scrambling routine instead and turned it into a forward pass.