Never give Erin the ball... Punting was so dumb

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":21x6szc8 said:
cymatica":21x6szc8 said:
Go for it. It's the playoffs and you trust a sketchy defense against Rodgers and the refs on the road? Put the ball in your best highest paid players hands. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Pete decided to drop the sword and use a paper shield

I see both sides of it. Had Russ not taken the sack and it was 4th and 5 I think its a no brainer.

You expect your defense to be able to get off the field on 3rd and 10 in a run out the clock situation. Many teams even run the ball there just to milk the clock.

Rodgers and the Pack played aggressively and it worked out. Had it not, we would have gotten the ball back with time to do something magical.

Tip your cap to Rodgers for the first one and the refs on the 2nd one. It happens.

Russ needs to be aware of pressure a little better and picking up blitzes but damn did Hollister make an awful block attempt. Losing Dissly was a huge drop off and now we can’t really trust him to stay healthy so maybe draft a TE in the draft.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I know this situation is causing a lot of debate about Pete... but let's look at the situation:

RW had the ball with a chance to win the game, under 5 minutes to go, and was let down by a drop and a sack. That's a situation PC gameplans to be in. It's incredible how often it happens.

Maybe where Pete needs to evolve:

He punts. Puts it on his D. And not once, but twice, the D has them 3rd and long with RW waiting to give it one last go.

But this D couldn't get it done.

If p ete needs a change, it's as simple as putting more on his QB. But this is the situation that the Hawks, PC, and RW have been excelling in for years.

Didn't work out tonight.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's a coach in the league that goes for that or at least if there faced with that decision they decide to punt 90% of the time. I think it's the right call considering how the defense was playing at the time just didn't work out.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
4th and less than 10 I would have been really upset for punting it. But the sack forced it, For comparison didn’t Bilicheck punt in a similar situation last week?

But not calling a D on third and 10 to take away the guy who had been killing you all day forcing them to go elsewhere was unforgivable.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
quadsas":1tz6ceej said:
punting was easily the worst option there. trying to kick a field goal is probably better

Kick a field goal from your own 40 yard line?

I'm embarrased for you

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":34dlgkq4 said:
I know many disagree, but with the game on the line, you have to let your best player try and make a play, not punt it and leave it up to your 27th ranked defense.

Find me a coach who goes for it on 4th and 11 on their side of the field with 3 timeouts. That's just hindsight being 20-20 if the D makes a simple play (they had dominated the 4th quarter to that point) we get the ball back and go win the game.

getnasty

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1mjtt0pw said:
quadsas":1mjtt0pw said:
punting was easily the worst option there. trying to kick a field goal is probably better

I'm embarrased for you

No Pete should have definitely lined up for 77 yarder. Post like this show lack of knowledge when it comes to getting rid of Pete.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Had no choice after the sack. Had all the time outs plus the 2 minute warning. The game management was done right, for a change.

Couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. Story of the game.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
getnasty":3cqao9o9 said:
WestcoastSteve":3cqao9o9 said:
quadsas":3cqao9o9 said:

I'm embarrased for you

No Pete should have definitely lined up for 77 yarder. Post like this show lack of knowledge when it comes to getting rid of Pete.
It's rampant. People hear/read stuff and are frustrated about the same things, so hey, what that guy just said must right. I'll just start saying that too. Rinse/repeat. I would be nice to have a little intellectual honesty when it comes to this stuff. Be specific about how it should be different. Even I disagree, I would have more respect for the effort. Repeating generic criticism is lazy

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3u23chwx said:
getnasty":3u23chwx said:
WestcoastSteve":3u23chwx said:
quadsas":3u23chwx said:

I'm embarrased for you

It's rampant. People hear/read stuff and are frustrated about the same things, so hey, what that guy just said must right. I'll just start saying that too. Rinse/repeat. I would be nice to have a little intellectual honesty when it comes to this stuff. Be specific about how it should be different. Even I disagree, I would have more respect for the effort. Repeating generic criticism is lazy

Will be nice when the uninformed hibernate the and let the adults talk.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Yeah. In the earlier game, when the Texans did not go for it on 4th and 1 when up 21-0 and settled for the FG, you just knew that would haunt them. You have to go for it there. Giving the ball back to GB there was silly. Pete has no b@lls and makes some questionable decisions. Maybe he needs to switch chewing gum.

Latest posts