New 12th man flag score

LDOseahawks17

Reaction score
C-Dub":9tmgw4xh said:
images.html;jsessionid=4E99F938C7482564913565C4140FE0DB.tomcat1

I ordered one of these from Alt 12 flag guys.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418440 ... ion=stream

1384138_10201485457472848_80675028_n.jpg

The ALT 12 looks GREAT in front of the house. So glad you are flying it proudly!

Seaswab

Reaction score
The current flag was meant to be the old seahawks blue but they couldnt find a fabric to match that awful color. Write the seahawks and tell them you want a flag that actually matches the team colors.

LDOseahawks17

Reaction score
Hey fellow 12s! Apologies for being new to Seahawks.net, and as a Hawks fan for 25 years I'm kinda embarassed that I'm just finding this place. If it wouldn't have been for Sailor Seahawk, I'd still be clueless!

This topic is one that I am VERY passionate about, so much so that I felt compelled to bring te Alternate 12 flag (pictured here in this thread flying proudly in fron of C-Dub's house!) to a reality. In fact, I was inspired by a design that one of the Seahawks.net members, ThunderHawk, had posted a while back that he had made just playing around with photoshop. I have since talked to ThunderHawk and gives the ALT 12 his blessing!

If you'll allow me a bit of space on here, I want to share with you a condensed version of my story, and why I am bringing it to you, the 12th Man, for discussion. As many of us are about our Seahawks, I am quite passionate about our team. I love the thought and symbolism that went into our new uniforms, and to accompany the team's new look I wanted to see a flag that symbolized the spirit of the 12th Man, our intrinsic connection to the Seahawks and our Pacific Northwest culture, and reflect our new attitude: BIGGER. FASTER. STRONGER. LOUDER.

In April, I decided to reach out to the Graphic Design Coordinator and Creative Director in the Seahawks organization to ask them their thoughts towards introducing a different, “alternate” 12 flag design. Though they appreciated my enthusiasm and initiative, ultimately the answer was: “We conduct fan surveys regularly throughout the year to gauge fan interest in topics just like this. When we changed jerseys last year, there was an overwhelming statement by the 12th Man that said, "Do NOT change the flag!" Until we get a sense that this sentiment has changed, the classic 12th Man Flag will be proudly raised on gameday.”

I think they missed my point. I’m not looking to REPLACE our beloved Traditional 12 flag. That is sacrilegious! NOT REPLACE. I believe we have room for an “alternate” flag (like we have an alternate uniform) that could be considered a rally flag or a fan flag, maybe fly at the other end of CLink, or just MAYBE on a special occasion, raised from the south end on the 12th Man flag pole! For me personally, that would be an awesome, and hopefully crowd-rousing moment!

So I wouldn’t allow myself or my vision to be deterred by the response I got from the staff. I set out to take matters into my own hands, to use my own time and money to seek out a manufacturer and create a prototype ALT 12 flag. After many months of collaboration, my dream FINALLY became reality, as I unveiled the ALT 12 at our local WASH DC Seahawks bar just in time for our victory over those Niners! I never thought I would get the prototype done, but even as I type this, there it flies outside my window as a reminder that dedication, perseverance, and passion pay off…

The feedback I have received both on Facebook and at our bar since making this flag has been amazing, and speaks volumes towards the statement that there’s no fan base for addition of an ALT 12. So now that I have had the ALT 12 in circulation for a couple months, I feel like I am at a point to consider re-engaging with the Seahawks staff. I would really like to have your collective feedback as well so that I can provide them with a comprehensive 12 opinion on this flag. I've gotten this far on my own, but now I need YOU, the 12th MAN, to walk these next steps with me. My voice, my cause, my message is not enough to change the perception of the Hawks staff. With your help I'm ALL IN, and maybe (just MAYBE) we will see the ALT 12 flag flying in the CLink when we host our first HOME PLAYOFF game of 2013!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Soo...can anyone tell me how to include pictures???