New 710 Morning Show

Lanakila

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new morning show Danny and Gallant? The new guy is kind of hyper but he has a pretty good sense of humor. He needs to take his foot off the gas a little. What do you think?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Lanakila":1v4k7nlj said:
Any thoughts on the new morning show Danny and Gallant? The new guy is kind of hyper but he has a pretty good sense of humor. He needs to take his foot off the gas a little. What do you think?
No chemistry between the two yet, and ya, he talks too fast, or too hyper, so far. However, I'm staying cautiously optimistic for the time being.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I agree, can’t stand his voice. It’s bad. I have switched over to 950. Still on the fence with them but do not like the new morning show on 710

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, too early to decide. I'll give the guy a chance. I go back and forth anyway from 710 and 950

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm kind of "meh." But going to give it some time.

I wish 710 would have eased them in, having guest appearances with each one here and there, then have them substitute in for a show as a pair, and let them "Grow" on people. The internet is a fickle mistress where people get bored easily and start clicking on other links.

They went from star power to "who?" And that's a bit unfair for the morning show.

aredub

Reaction score
It's not my favorite so far, I'll keep giving it some time but as of now my morning drives to work are not as enjoyable as they used to be. Gallant feels like he's just trying to hard, talking to fast and sort of has an annoying voice. I like Danny but there is no flow to the show. Again, I know it's new and will keep waiting for them to develop some chemistry and find out what works but it's really rough right now.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I like Danny but he's not a guy you can build a show around. New guy is trying too hard.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":19aq69he said:
Lanakila":19aq69he said:
No chemistry between the two yet, and ya, he talks too fast, or too hyper, so far. However, I'm staying cautiously optimistic for the time being.

Pretty much the same. Glad they have Bumpus on to add the insider view Brock used to provide and I've always liked his takes. Will give it time.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Did Brock get "reshufflled or let go"? Or did he move onto other things on his own?

lobohawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1714kpkj said:
Did Brock get "reshufflled or let go"? Or did he move onto other things on his own?

Too busy in the Fox College Football world and to spend more family time. He's still popping into the show and has a weekly podcast now with Salk.

knownone

Reaction score
The station as a whole is becoming almost un-listenable for me. They seem to have a station wide guideline to fill most hours with fake, forced laughter and hot/bad takes... that's not what I listen to sports radio for.

The new guy is exactly what I'd expect from Mike Salk as a program director. He'll improve as he gets more time in the market, but he's mostly there for entertainment. Unfortunately, they've set him to fail by pairing him with a co host that isn't in studio. Chemistry is hard to build in person, it's even hard to build when you are not spending time together everyday inside and outside of the studio. This can work when you have a pre-established relationship or you have an awkward charm that people expect (Clayton). It's less effective when you don't have that relationship already built, and both hosts are goofballs.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
I can't listen. It is horrible. Danny is even more annoying than usual. And the new guy is even worse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, that's the what the dial is for. If you don't dig it, switch over. If both are sucking, throw on some tunes. Solved

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
It's not too bad. I think Gallant will be fine, he just needs to get settled in. And as others have pointed out, it can't be easy to build chemistry when you're not in the same studio as your co-host. Anyone know why Danny moved way East?

I wouldn't say he's too hyper. He's much easier to listen to than Groz, for me. Groz was a tough listen. I felt like I was going to fall asleep anytime he was in the air. And he's definitely not as loud and obnoxious as Chuck and Softy on 950. Can't stand those two. Softy's word whiskers es I especially. He's brutal.

I do miss Brock and Salk and Danny, Dave, and Moore. Those shows were unmatched, IMO. Bob, Dave, and Moore is probably my favorite of the new so far. I'm looking forward to hearing the morning show grow. Anything is better than 950.

timmat

Reaction score
I thought Brock and Salk were a great mix. Salk was more opinionated and working the entertainment thing (whether you liked it or not). Brock was the long-time local with experience as a player at all levels, and served to keep things rooted by providing good insight.

With Salk - a NW transplant - paired with Brock - a local with experience as a Pro, I think they could have eventually achieved a similar vibe with Gallant and Jake Heaps together in the morning. I know Heaps has the afternoon show, but unfortunately for me my radio time is sporadic in the mid-day, but predictable in the morning. I would have preferred Heaps on the morning show.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of the new mix, and I might have to find a new morning drive show or podcast. Bummer, used to get me ready for the day and now I'm just annoyed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Gallant is too similar to Danny. Two hypemen dont work together. And Danny is a better hypeman, has more point and not just all over the place with the hype. I hope Michael Bumpus replaces Gallant. Him and Danny work together great. Bump being calm and rational. Bump and Stump!