New "Draft Day" feature film will include "the Seahawks"

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I saw the trailer for this in the theatre a couple months ago. I'm actually looking forward to it. If Costner fleeces us in that Draft Day trade, which I assume is how it goes down, at least we know art isn't imitating life.

Since the draft is now in May, at least there's this to look forward to in April (or July for those waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray).

randomation

Reaction score
Cleveland has that lovable loser moniker the city in general :p

Actually the reason so many sports movies are in Cleveland is something to do with either less restrictions or taxes forget which.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Yeah, Browns are probably the team I'd most like to see win a SB (other than us of course). Was always indifferent towards them, but after the dirty way in which Seattle lost the Sonics, I've felt an empathic connection with the Browns.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the sequel which chronicles the coveted draft picks inevitable fall into obscurity while playing for the Browns.

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
kearly":1c5oe8n7 said:
I will probably go see it. It looks more like The Blindside than Moneyball, though.

I have not seen the former. It smelled like heated Camembert, and I backed away. Moneyball had Front Office Politics, though.

Threedee

Reaction score
Ironically, this movie arrived in time to see Cleveland poised to own this draft. I saw a mock projection which indicates the Browns could grab Watkins, Carr, and Hyde. Even if Carr doesn't pan out, I thought Hoyer looked good last year, and the other two would be great for that team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What even happens at the end of this thing?

"And then the Browns drafted this guy and won the Super Bowl a million times, proving that Kevin Costner really was the greatest GM ever."

Trading up to draft a player isn't an ending.

In fact with it being the Browns, they'd probably fire Costner three weeks after the draft and replace him with Tim Ruskell.

(now THAT would be an ending)

korboko

Reaction score
A movie about the Browns? The Seahawks road to their first Super Bowl win would of been a better story.

Aerik

Reaction score
LMMFAO!!

I got to:

It's almost as if the NFL called up Lionsgate said "get us a Moneyball with hard hits, stadium flyovers, and Jennifer Garner."

and couldn't hold it together

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They need to make a film starring the Legion of Boom where Richard Sherman is a hitman teamed up with Liam Neeson.

dunceface

Reaction score
Yeah this looks like a "so bad it's good" kinda movie...
Had me laughing when the Seahawks guy was like "you're out of your mind"
!" For obvious reasons

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":owvs80zl said:
I know the one of the FO guys for the real Browns last year was overly critical of the Seahawks move to get Harvin. Said something along the lines of how teams that think they are close to a Superbowl goes out and gives away draft capital for that one piece (Harvin) when they really aren't that close.

Would like to know how that fellow is thinking about the Seahawks' FO now? The reporter who had in depth access to the Browns FO last year commented on how the Browns laughed at the Seahawks FO. For those still remaining there, I wonder who's laughing now?.......
I had no idea that this had happened. Thanks for the info Doc. And yeah, guessing they aren't exactly running around doing interviews and ripping the Hawks now. Face Brownies.

One thing's for sure, this film is pure fiction since seemingly the Browns actually win more than 4 games in it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
My favorite part of the trailer is when they are talking about the Cowboys and the guys says "yeah and they win a lot". Cowboys winning a lot and the Seahawks with the top pick. Is this movie set in the early 90's circa Berhing years?

theascension

Reaction score
Sometimes with such a sad organization as the Browns you almost wonder if they don't purposely make idiotic decisions... you know like the Leafs in the NHL or the cubs in MLB. They just seem to thrive off losing and their fan-bases expect it.

randomation

Reaction score
theascension":2lh6ed7z said:
Sometimes with such a sad organization as the Browns you almost wonder if they don't purposely make idiotic decisions... you know like the Leafs in the NHL or the cubs in MLB. They just seem to thrive off losing and their fan-bases expect it.

To be fair the Leafs have 13 cups Cleveland on the other hand has the two super bowls they would have won if the Browns didn't move to Baltimore.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3is00xmi said:
I had no idea that this had happened. Thanks for the info Doc. And yeah, guessing they aren't exactly running around doing interviews and ripping the Hawks now. Face Brownies.

One thing's for sure, this film is pure fiction since seemingly the Browns actually win more than 4 games in it.

If you can put up with reading this article, there is a not so veiled shot at the Seahawks in this comment:

“We have a long-term vision. And I realize that sounds simplistic, but a lot of teams don’t have that. They take shortcuts. Our long-term vision is sustained success over a long period of time. When you look at organizations like San Francisco and Philadelphia and New England and Baltimore and Pittsburgh, what you see are organizations that stayed consistent with their ideals. If you look at other teams, you can see where they took shortcuts. You can see where they gave up three assets for one guy, because they thought they were one player away. But you’re never just one player away.”

http://grantland.com/features/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland/

To be fair, the Browns club president turned out not to be off. Harvin didn't make the difference. I agree that giving up the picks and money has risks, but not sure it was for him to judge another organization that has shown it was improving when this article came out.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
This is basically an extended commercial for the NFL draft. Akin to the movie "No Holds Barred" for the pay-per-view of the same name.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":1pwswekz said:
hawksfansinceday1":1pwswekz said:

If you can put up with reading this article, there is a not so veiled shot at the Seahawks in this comment:

“We have a long-term vision. And I realize that sounds simplistic, but a lot of teams don’t have that. They take shortcuts. Our long-term vision is sustained success over a long period of time. When you look at organizations like San Francisco and Philadelphia and New England and Baltimore and Pittsburgh, what you see are organizations that stayed consistent with their ideals. If you look at other teams, you can see where they took shortcuts. You can see where they gave up three assets for one guy, because they thought they were one player away. But you’re never just one player away.”

http://grantland.com/features/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland/

To be fair, the Browns club president turned out not to be off. Harvin didn't make the difference. I agree that giving up the picks and money has risks, but not sure it was for him to judge another organization that has shown it was improving when this article came out.
Percy might not have made the difference in the Super Bowl, but he came very close. And I reserve judgement on the trade to see how his career plays out. One thing is for sure, if he stays healthy he will make a huge difference to our offense. Obviously his health will determine how successful the trade is from the Hawks' point of view. And I agree wholeheartedly that a guy from another organization, especially one that has had no on field success whhatsoever really shouldn't be passing judgement on our team or any other.