New Rams Coach: Sean McVay

chris98251

Reaction score
Alice is going Cougar, he will need to show ID if you go to any bars.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This is a great hire for the Rams, especially when you add in Wade Phillips.

Pierre Garcon will end up with the Rams. Book it.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Oh - Rams did get interesting with these two hires. Not looking forward any newfound offensive competency to go with a strong defense from them.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":e5xg6uw1 said:
Well, looks like the heavy rumors are that McVay (Skins OC) may be announced as the HC pretty soon, even today or tomorrow. This will make him the youngest HC coach ever (He's 30, turns 31 in a month or so).

Not sure what I think about this, especially since they haven't even interviewed Kyle S yet.
Here's what I think about it...

The 49ers are the only team left, and BOTH Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels are still on the table.... :)
Of course Jed will probably York it up...

But in all seriousness, I think McVay may turn out to be a good coach in time. He's certainly a good OC, and when he was in Washington, an anonymous source said that of all Kyle Shanahan's offensive assistants, he was the only one who knew what he was doing (Mike Shanahan was the HC but apparently KS had most control of the offense).

The only concern is his age/experience. Will players be willing to listen to him when they're 6 years older than him? Will he know how to handle the hilarious lunatics that are the Rams players? Will he be able to keep things afloat when the shit hits the fan?

Only time will tell. But as far as offensive acumen, this is a good hire.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":33c9skcs said:
Oh - Rams did get interesting with these two hires. Not looking forward any newfound offensive competency to go with a strong defense from them.

My thoughts exactly.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":bl6gd4a7 said:
This is a great hire for the Rams, especially when you add in Wade Phillips.

Pierre Garcon will end up with the Rams. Book it.

I hope so. He's one of the FA's I wanted targeted before this hire. Rams need some vet FA on WR.

chris98251

Reaction score
Between the Rams and the Chargers this is going to be a circus atmosphere for a few years, as much as putting a team on the field they will have to also juggle all the cross over issues with the two egomaniac owners plus the Stadium design desires from the Chargers who are going to demand stuff you just watch.

Two young coaches adapting to being the Man and all the above, then we have the GM issues also, Rams are not all in on the guys still hanging around, Chargers have their issues.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":y954ozrb said:
Between the Rams and the Chargers this is going to be a circus atmosphere for a few years, as much as putting a team on the field they will have to also juggle all the cross over issues with the two egomaniac owners plus the Stadium design desires from the Chargers who are going to demand stuff you just watch.

Two young coaches adapting to being the Man and all the above, then we have the GM issues also, Rams are not all in on the guys still hanging around, Chargers have their issues.

Yep. SoCal went from NFL boring to NFL entertaining.

Plus, fun rumors this morning that Raiders are saying maybe they will go to San Diego. How fun would that be!?

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":17xb8kxh said:
RedAlice":17xb8kxh said:
He looks so young!!! And kinda looks like our punter.

Are you having the hots for him?

After watching his presser: I officially change my answer to YES!

I'm in love.

This boy is going to be good.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2xm7bu92 said:
RedAlice":2xm7bu92 said:
Well, looks like the heavy rumors are that McVay (Skins OC) may be announced as the HC pretty soon, even today or tomorrow. This will make him the youngest HC coach ever (He's 30, turns 31 in a month or so).

Not sure what I think about this, especially since they haven't even interviewed Kyle S yet.

The 49ers are the only team left, and BOTH Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels are still on the table.... :)

But in all seriousness, I think McVay may turn out to be a good coach in time. He's certainly a good OC, and when he was in Washington, an anonymous source said that of all Kyle Shanahan's offensive assistants, he was the only one who knew what he was doing (Mike Shanahan was the HC but apparently KS had most control of the offense).

The only concern is his age/experience. Will players be willing to listen to him when they're 6 years older than him? Will he know how to handle the hilarious lunatics that are the Rams players? Will he be able to keep things afloat when the shit hits the fan?

Tom Cable is going to be a great Niners coach. Don't worry my man! ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RedAlice":1i2zhfj8 said:

Unfortunately I agree 100%. The Rams finally made a really good hire.

Landing Wade Phillips is huge too, though I will be curious how he handles the switch from a 4-3 to 3-4

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22nsqqex said:
RedAlice":22nsqqex said:

Unfortunately I agree 100%. The Rams finally made a really good hire.

Landing Wade Phillips is huge too, though I will be curious how he handles the switch from a 4-3 to 3-4

Big issue. I had to go look things up.

One of the things that concerned me about the Rams looking at McD is he has "his scheme." He's also a douche, but ok. What was so annoying with Fisher was fitting his "concept" onto Rams players.

During his presser, the Baby Coach specifically stated that his plan was to look at the players he has, and make the scheme to utilize them the best.

(that's when I started falling in love).

For Wade, there is this same kinda perspective, from what I can find:

Phillips is known for his complex 3-4 defense while the Rams are best suited for a 4-3 scheme. The veteran said in an interview last year ahead of the Super Bowl that he's willing to adapt his style to fit his players' best traits -- something he'll have to do in L.A.

"We try to fit what the players can do in the defense rather than saying, 'OK, we're a 4-3 or we're a two-gap 3-4,'" Phillips said per The Denver Post. "We're a team where if a guy can stunt and rush the passer, we let him do that. If a guy is a power guy, we try to let him be that. It's all what individual players can do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lips-as-dc

All good. :179417: :179417:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1j60nrgh said:
5_Golden_Rings":1j60nrgh said:
RedAlice":1j60nrgh said:

Tom Cable is going to be a great Niners coach. Don't worry my man! ;)

Yeah that's what I meant by "York it up" lol...

But McVay is probably a good hire for St. Louis, I mean LA.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Who do you think is going to be the Niners coach?

and, no way in Hell would McVay have gone to StL. He not a stupid kid.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":ntz978wk said:
Who do you think is going to be the Niners coach?

and, no way in Hell would McVay have gone to StL. He not a stupid kid.
Lol.

My money would be on Josh McDaniels, although I do know that Ned York has spoken often with Mike Shanahan. Then again, the senior Shanahan would probably warn Kyle to run as fast as he can away from York and PaRAThe. Which is another reason of why I think it's McDaniels, who may not have as many shots at a complete rebuild given his meltdown in Denver.