Next up the RAMS

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":c8kd6buc said:
All won't be lost if we lose to the Rams, but it's going to put us in a helluva hole if we do. We'd drop 3 games behind the Cards in the loss column and two+ games behind the Rams (allowing for a tiebreaker). We'll have to see just how the game goes, if we play well enough to win but don't get the breaks or if we get run out of the stadium with our tails between our legs. The Rams are a quality team, the best we've faced to this point of the season. How we win or lose could be just as much of an indication of our chances as the end result of the game.

I'm not as optimistic about the coaching staff and their abilities as you are. They're still trying to figure out how to use a player that they traded two #1's and a #4 for and made him the highest paid safety in the game. But I'm definitely more of a pessimist than I am an optimist. Lowering my expectations makes our winning more enjoyable because I didn't expect it and losing less stressful because I could see it coming.

LTH":c8kd6buc said:
Look where the Seahawks Draft every year. compare that to where the rest of the division drafts, specifically the Cards. but yet the Hawks somehow find a way to be competitive in the division. This doesn't happen unless the coaching staff is doing a great job...I think the Hawks coaching staff gets the least amount of respect out of the whole team and IMO they are doing an excellent job especially guys like Solari...

LTH

We're starting to veer off topic here and it's mostly my fault. Suffice it to say that I don't agree with your take regarding Pete and the coaching staff.

I was thinking about driving over to watch this game (I live in the Tri Cities), but I have a strange feeling that this could get real ugly, like the Rams game we hosted a couple years ago. The result of the Niners game didn't do a lot to alleviate my fears. Goes back to my roots of being more of a pessimist than an optimist.

keasley45

Reaction score
James in PA":1xcfybk7 said:
I just want to see us run the damn ball (including lots of Alex Collins carries) and mix it up with quick passes. Im am so friggin sick of Aaron Donald bulldozing our O line. Meanwhile, Id like to see OUR pass rush come back to life in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This . The best way to negate Stafford is to keep the ball out of his hands.

The best way to protect a still vulnerable defense, and one that won't be at full strength on the line, is to keep them off the field.

We HAVE to run the ball, control the clock, and let Russ go for a modest 16 - 21 for 182 and 3 TD off of PA. Add 166 on the ground and an advantage in TOP and we win.

The word of the week is com pli men tary.

keasley45

Reaction score
chris98251":3ov3556q said:
LTH":3ov3556q said:
SoulfishHawk":3ov3556q said:
Should be a great battle. The O Line is my top concern against the Rams. Rams look a lot more vulnerable than the record shows. They struggled to get by the Colts, and got smoked by the Cards.
If the Hawks play a balanced offense and keep the big plays down to a minimum on defense, they will win this one.
Prime time, this team takes it next level. Russ' record in prime time is ridiculous. The Hawks HAVE TO establish the run and eat up more clock. Can't just have the defense out there all day.
Hawks win a close one imo.
try.

As I see it this is a measuring stick all around for the Hawks... Yes the O line will be tested no doubt about that... really the Rams have the advantage there but that's why SW comes into play... Question... does SW play calling give RW the time he needs to be successful? Not sure who has the advantage there SM or SW... who knows who better? or if that's even a factor.

LTH

Southwest Airlines?

Red Wing shoes ?

Southern Methodist ?

Guess names are to long to spell these days also.

Good one, lol.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2uc5l3tb said:
Or like just LAST YEAR when they beat the Rams 20-9 at home?

That's possible, too. But it's not part of my visit from the Ghost of Christmas Future.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
27th in yards given up. Believe it or not, the Rams do not walk on water. McVay does not float in mid-air. Good team, but beatable, period. They got VERY lucky to beat a crap Colts team. I think the game comes down to the wire. But again, the Rams are not nearly as tough as they were last year imo. But, worship away. Kind of comes with the territory when it comes to the Clams.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The answer to the Rams is same as it always is:

1) Run effectively. It's never a matter of running too much or too little, it's a matter of running effectively. That sets up play action and keeps the dogs off of Wilson

2) Stop the Rams outside zone runs. If you can't they'll gash you all day and it won't be pretty.

3) react to play action and get into your intermediate zones in a hurry. Need to clog up those areas where Woods and Kupp make their money.

4) Stafford is no longer a mobile QB. Get the pass rush to his spot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. The running game is crucial against the Rams. I do enjoy watching them get shredded in the air on offense though. #1 in many categories last year. Not even close this year.
Both teams have their weaknesses. If the Hawks don't play their best all around game of the season, it will be tough to win on Thursday. But, I love their chances.

Fade

Reaction score
The Rams lost their brilliant DC to the Chargers.

The new guy? He was ATL's DC last year, Russ carved him up pretty good.

The hope here is maybe they've taken a big step back in this area and the Rams can take a tumble on that side of the ball.

I'm racking my brain on how the Seahawks can stop Stafford, and I don't know how they can. The Seahawks routinely made Goff look like Joe Montana, what is Stafford going to do to them?

Need a Stafford choke job, that's the best I can come up with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rams are #27 in yards allowed. They also gave up 216 yards rushing on Sunday. THEY have to deal with the Hawks offense. I don't deny that Stafford puts up good numbers. But, his all time record in prime time and playoffs says a lot more than his #'s show. Good QB. Clutch? Maybe. Hawks win a close one. And like many of their matchups, it's gonna' be quite ugly imo.

Belief > assuming a loss

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":m4kcguuu said:

The hope here is maybe they've taken a big step back in this area and the Rams can take a tumble on that side of the ball.

I'm racking my brain on how the Seahawks can stop Stafford, and I don't know how they can. The Seahawks routinely made Goff look like Joe Montana, what is Stafford going to do to them?

Its going to be a scheme adjustment if they win... will Dunlap be back, will Taylor be healthy? We don't know. if they even play will they be effective? we don't know. What are the Hawks going to do scheme wise defensively? Are they going to play coverage are they going to blitz ... we know 3rd down conversions and getting off the field are major concerns... I don't know what they are going to do but I would think being they have injuries on the D line they are going to drop into coverage play a lot of dime on passing downs... I would think we are going to see a lot of what we saw against the Niners but then im not an x's and O's guy.... but that's just what I think... could be a long day if the corners are not good and if they can't get pressure on Stafford...

Just my take for what it's worth

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":3q986w26 said:
Fade":3q986w26 said:

Its going to be a scheme adjustment if they win... will Dunlap be back, will Taylor be healthy? We don't know. if they even play will they be effective? we don't know. What are the Hawks going to do scheme wise defensively? Are they going to play coverage are they going to blitz ... we know 3rd down conversions and getting off the field are major concerns... I don't know what they are going to do but I would think being they have injuries on the D line they are going to drop into coverage play a lot of dime on passing downs... I would think we are going to see a lot of what we saw against the Niners but then im not an x's and O's guy.... but that's just what I think... could be a long day if the corners are not good and if they can't get pressure on Stafford...

LTH

All good point but it all matters less if we just hold the ball. The Rams give up crazy yards on the ground.
If we can control the clock. Start to wear them down, I think it will give our defense an edge.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3rce3nrj said:
27th in yards given up. Believe it or not, the Rams do not walk on water. McVay does not float in mid-air. Good team, but beatable, period. They got VERY lucky to beat a crap Colts team. I think the game comes down to the wire. But again, the Rams are not nearly as tough as they were last year imo. But, worship away. Kind of comes with the territory when it comes to the Clams.

They also beat the hell out of the defending SB champs, handing them their only loss of the season and first loss in their past 10 games going back to last year. It's not about walking on water, air, or any form of worship. It's about respect for a team that has proven themselves on the field.

I know all the arguments pro and con, but the bottom line is that I don't like what I've been seeing out of our Hawks lately and feel that we don't match up well against the Rams. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help feeling the way I do.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":a8nlhzep said:
LTH":a8nlhzep said:
Fade":a8nlhzep said:

LTH

All good point but it all matters less if we just hold the ball. The Rams give up crazy yards on the ground.
If we can control the clock. Start to wear them down, I think it will give our defense an edge.

I totally agree

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No need to even play the game tonight. I mean NOBODY can beat the perfect LA Rams. They might just float in mid-air to the stadium :?
I heard this same crap last year. No room for fear in football. I guarantee the players are ready to roll.

SlickRick

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dfqgy56 said:
No need to even play the game tonight. I mean NOBODY can beat the perfect LA Rams. They might just float in mid-air to the stadium :?
I heard this same crap last year. No room for fear in football. I guarantee the players are ready to roll.

This did not age well. Like I said if Seattle can't get passed the Rams their not going anywhere.

Not the playoffs