OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":p6rneb5o said:
xray":p6rneb5o said:
SoulfishHawk":p6rneb5o said:
Rams and Hawks should both still be really good. IF pretty boy stays healthy, the Niners should be much better. Pretty good division imo.

Laff at me if you want...the 49ers might very well be a strong opponent this season...in fact I think that they worry me more than the lambs...IMO

HA HA HA :irishdrinkers:

Guess I knew that was coming... :0190l:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
knownone":1rst7hbj said:
I don't think the division is that good. The 49ers and Cards should fall somewhere between 4-8 wins barring miracle work from their largely unproven QBs. The Rams caught more breaks than any team this decade last season, does it happen again? I doubt it. The division will ultimately come down to whether Seattle can replace Baldwin and Clark's production, and whether the Rams can keep up their relatively historic offensive pace. Unlike last season, the Rams don't have a massive edge in overall talent, so my money is on the Seahawks.

What breaks did the Rams catch last year?

Also, we do have a sizable talent advantage over Seattle. The saving grace for y'all is that you're better at the most important position.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
????? Um, they were HANDED the Super Bowl on the worst non-call in playoff history. So, there is that :roll:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ti7jvk4 said:
????? Um, they were HANDED the Super Bowl on the worst non-call in playoff history. So, there is that :roll:

That's ONE break - but he said "more breaks than any team in NFL history".

The Saints got the same type of break against the Steelers earlier in the year - two of them, actually. The Rams' was obviously bigger because of the stakes, but it's not even more breaks than any team got last season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3nc7d8nq said:

Also, we do have a sizable talent advantage over Seattle. The saving grace for y'all is that you're better at the most important position.

Sizable talent advantage?

You question breaks, then make that statement?

How bout you start a thread in the Shack?
You could elaborate, all could speak freely.

Be there, or be square.

SMDH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":10d5nn1d said:
SoulfishHawk":10d5nn1d said:

That's ONE break - but he said "more breaks than any team in NFL history".

The Saints got the same type of break against the Steelers earlier in the year - two of them, actually. The Rams' was obviously bigger because of the stakes, but it's not even more breaks than any team got last season.

The Saints also got the ball first in overtime, at which time Brees threw a pick, and the Rams got the ball and won.

People seem to forget about this part of the game, and fixate on the poor Saints being screwed and the Rams getting lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for the Saints because I thought they would give the Patriots a much better game with a veteran QB like Brees going up against Belicheat and Brady..........but I don't buy into the Rams getting lucky nonsense. They were a dominant teams most of the 2018 season, and deserved to go to the SB, as much as any team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That call still cost the Saints the game. Sure they threw the pick in OT, but it was the most blatant non call we have ever seen, EVER. It wasn't even debatable. It sent the Rams to the Super Bowl. They were flat out given the game because of that call. We can agree to disagree. And of course they were not lucky to be in the NFC title game. But, that game was handed to them, my opinion and it won't ever change. I saw what everyone else saw, including the Rams player who flat out SAID he drilled the guy early. Rams were a damn good team, it just should never come down to the refs shafting a team to cost them a Super Bowl. Let alone at home :roll:

knownone

Reaction score
Ramfan128":kypeb9qz said:
knownone":kypeb9qz said:
I don't think the division is that good. The 49ers and Cards should fall somewhere between 4-8 wins barring miracle work from their largely unproven QBs. The Rams caught more breaks than any team this decade last season, does it happen again? I doubt it. The division will ultimately come down to whether Seattle can replace Baldwin and Clark's production, and whether the Rams can keep up their relatively historic offensive pace. Unlike last season, the Rams don't have a massive edge in overall talent, so my money is on the Seahawks.

8 of your first 11 games were in the state of California. You dodged a trip to Mexico against the best team in the league because of 'field conditions' only to play in your home stadium with equally bad field conditions. You won 4 games in the regular season that essentially came down to 50/50 calls or plays on the final drive(s). None of this is an indictment on the Rams success. It's just that 5 points is literally all that separated the Seahawks and Rams for the division last year.

You don't have a sizable talent advantage over Seattle. Your defense is essentially Brockers, Donald, Peters, and a bunch of guys who are either past their prime or haven't done anything in the league. We don't have the name recognition but our defense has a lot of depth. We have more question marks which is why I'd give you guys the advantage. I would like to point out that our defense hasn't finished worse than 13th in points allowed since 2011; we finished 11th last season. Mcvay with a significant talent advantage finished 20th last season.

On offense, I'd take Russell over Goff. I'd rather have Lockett than any Rams receiver, but the Rams have the 3 best receivers after Lockett (IMO). The gap between Carson and Gurley is close but when you factor in Gurley's knee issues, Carson could be the better of the 2. Offensive line is tough to judge. Whitworth is going to be 38 and outside of Havenstein you've got a lot of unproven starters. Seattle will be going into season with 3 current or former pro-bowl lineman who are still in their prime. Again, I'd give a slight edge to you on offense, but we are a receiver away from being a top 5-10 offense and we have a few potential breakout candidates at the position (Moore, Metcalf, Ect..).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They were a damn good team. But the way people crowned them all over the country was ridiculous. Why bother playing the season, the Rams are gonna' win it all blah blah blah. Saints were a better team, period. And that's not just because I hate the Rams. They had no business being in the Super Bowl. But they lost and looked like crap against the Patriots, so cool. Hopefully the Super Bowl hangover shows up big time. I fully expect them to still be very good and won't be surprised if they win the division again. IF the Hawks stay healthy, the gap is going to be really close, and the Hawks can win this division.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IMO, Kyler Murray is way too hyped and will go down as the worst QB in the NFC West. The dude hasn't even played a meaningful down and is being crowned by the media. Cardinals won't be competitive but the other 3 teams in the NFC West have a shot at the division title if a few things fall their way (no severe injuries, ball bouncing their way more than not, etc).

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pp395gl said:
IMO, Kyler Murray is way too hyped and will go down as the worst QB in the NFC West. The dude hasn't even played a meaningful down and is being crowned by the media. Cardinals won't be competitive but the other 3 teams in the NFC West have a shot at the division title if a few things fall their way (no severe injuries, ball bouncing their way more than not, etc).

If too much hype without a meaningful down proves nothing ; then the Hawks rookie sensation Metcalf would be in that group as well. Murray also has a Heisman trophy to go with that hype . Too early to trash anybody just yet .IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Too early to trash a guy for sure, but also WAY too early to compare him to anyone in the league when he hasn't played a down.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30yao4u0 said:
Too early to trash a guy for sure, but also WAY too early to compare him to anyone in the league when he hasn't played a down.

Many said last year that Mayfield would be garbage . He wasn't great but had a very good rookie season playing the most demanding position in football. I think that Murray could give defenses nightmares right away . He hasn't played a down yet but I'll go out on a limb and say he will be a blast to watch. The NFL always needs a constant supply of young exciting players . GO HAWKS !

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely he will be fun to watch. I guess I just don't think he's going to be as great as many do, at least in the media.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35yv7wek said:
Absolutely he will be fun to watch. I guess I just don't think he's going to be as great as many do, at least in the media.

If he turns out to be good we probably will learn to hate him ; having to play him twice a season . :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure at one point, our lineman will be chasing him around and we will think "That must be what it's like to chase Russ around"

chris98251

Reaction score
No there is a recipe for containment that works and it is used against us a lot, we will adapt something similar.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2abi1mgp said:
That call still cost the Saints the game. Sure they threw the pick in OT, but it was the most blatant non call we have ever seen, EVER. It wasn't even debatable. It sent the Rams to the Super Bowl. They were flat out given the game because of that call. We can agree to disagree. And of course they were not lucky to be in the NFC title game. But, that game was handed to them, my opinion and it won't ever change. I saw what everyone else saw, including the Rams player who flat out SAID he drilled the guy early. Rams were a damn good team, it just should never come down to the refs shafting a team to cost them a Super Bowl. Let alone at home :roll:

Loved the call...

Made up in a way for all the 28-3 trolling from the Saints fans... all the "please beat the Falcons" arse kissing by their fans on these very forums leading up to the previous couple Seahawks/Falcons playoff matchups.

Couldn't have happened to a better team... or a better fanbase.

Isn't football fun?

Good luck in 2019. :)

quadsas

Reaction score
Any team can win the division in my opinion. Granted that's all based on a lot of ifs, but if Kyler is the real deal, sure they can probably do it, Seahawks and Rams were already good and our games last season went down to the wire, and we probably got better this offseason, and if Jimmy G can return to form, Niners have a nice team themselves. Could definitely end up the division of death like in good ol days.

F Jeff Fisher