Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Ravens)

jordan.olsen23

Reaction score
Apparently, the Ravens defense is going to give our offense fits, and our defense is not going to be up to the task to stop the Ravens on the ground with Lamar running wild over us in key situations. We might as well not even suit up for the game.
This Hawks team is super talented but young. I believe this team shows up to prove a point this weekend. A bunch of pessimistic members on this board!

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks have a unique player in Jamal Adams that can actually give Lamar problems if he spies him, and am hoping to see this.

Geno can't turn it over in scoring range, which he has a recent habit of doing. Lean more into the run game to help him.

Those are the keys to the game.

1) Spy Lamar with Jamal on passing downs to take away his runs, and mitigate his scrambling.

2) Don't turn it over Geno. Especially in enemy territory. 3 points is better than none.

3) K9 & Charbs carry it early and often loaded boxes be damned.

Geno doesn't deal with pressure very well. Lamar does. (Passer Rating under pressure.) That is a huge advantage for the Ravens.

Ravens - 26
Seahawks - 19

Jac

Reaction score
This is a darkhorse SB preview matchup. I hope Seattle comes to play.

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't know about this one. Rush defense wise, they're a tick below Cleveland. Pass defense? A tick behind Detroit. Both teams were our hardest challenge to date. Granted we beat both, but have we improved enough to beat the Ravens, who match a great all around D with a dynamic offense? I'm not sure.

We could win this one, or we could fold.

I want a W but feel an L

Ravens 31
Us 16
I would agree with you If the Hawks didn't pick up LW. Now they can drop back and play coverage and still contain and get pressure on Jackson.

I like the match up of our secondary vs their WR. I think the Hawks are going to be able to stop the run. What worries me is the screens against the Hawks O particularly with Mark Andrews, then giving up explosive plays with Jackson just taking off. They are going to have to spy Jackson. The Hawks can blitz from anywhere on the field and I think Hurtt is licking his chops with some well timed blitzes but especially late. I think they are going to get a late turnover and kick a FG for the victory.

Also, people have been talking about Waldrons play calling. I LOVE his play calling I just think the WR have not been running consistently good routes at times. I think if the Ravens D tries to man up rather than mixing up the coverages vs Seattle Waldron will have some surprises for them. It's just a matter of execution and being consistant.

I'm really looking forward to this game

LTH

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
The Raven's recent history at home makes this a challenging game to predict. On the one hand, the Lions got steamrolled. On the other, Gardner Minshew and the Colts managed to steal a win in overtime. Why not us?

Once again, this is a strength vs. strength match-up where we're evenly matched on paper. Looking at EPA, the Ravens offense is 14th in passing and 3rd in rushing. Meanwhile, our defense is 15th in passing and 5th in rushing. We're the more balanced offense at 11th in passing and 5th in rushing. And their defense is elite on paper: 2nd in pass D and tied with us for 5th in run D.

I'll probably regret these words, but I don't think the Ravens are as good as their numbers. Besides the Lions, their defense has feasted on lousy offense. We'll move the ball on them. And the game will come down to whether we can keep Lamar in the pocket.

Prediction: Lamar throws two ints. Geno plays a clean game. And the Seahawks win 27-20.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The only game I've watched of the Ravens this season was against the Steelers and they had like 5 dropped passes and lost the game. It seemed like an anomaly, though. I can't really get a good grasp of how good they are because I've watched so little of them. It was one of those games where one team outplayed the other but still lost. If that makes any sense.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With some of these posts you would think the Ravens are unbeatable. Please. Are they a good team? Of course. Are we a good team? Of course! I'm not saying we will win but I sure as hell ain't saying we are gonna lose either.

This game will go either way because BOTH teams are good, not that the Ravens will win outright because they are all that. Puhhhleeeeze.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
See what thier fans are saying...not total confidence on their board. Similar to us...they know they have a good team, but they have flaws as well when looking at their last 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Atradees

Reaction score
Leonard Williams eats Running backs pretending to be quarterbacks. We win anyway possible.

renofox

Reaction score
Ravens 31
Seahawks 23

The refs are in peak Bowl form.

rtd 5-2

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
I predict 27-21 Ravens, which means it will actually be 28-27 Hawks.

hawks85

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't know about this one. Rush defense wise, they're a tick below Cleveland. Pass defense? A tick behind Detroit. Both teams were our hardest challenge to date. Granted we beat both, but have we improved enough to beat the Ravens, who match a great all around D with a dynamic offense? I'm not sure.

We could win this one, or we could fold.

I want a W but feel an L

Ravens 31
Us 16
Not looking good. Geno better figure this shit out before we get jolly whopped.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So much for my feel good vibe.