NFC West Episode 8

drdiags

Reaction score
What's up with the current records listed in the opening OP? Looks like you subtracted totals for some reason Ringless. You had me at 17-6 now it is back down to 14-5 which was my record before going 3-1 last week.

I needs my points, hee hee ... no biggie just griping as one tends to do most times.

Rex

Reaction score
drdiags":2zueeyim said:
What's up with the current records listed in the opening OP? Looks like you subtracted totals for some reason Ringless. You had me at 17-6 now it is back down to 14-5 which was my record before going 3-1 last week.

I needs my points, hee hee ... no biggie just griping as one tends to do most times.

How did you go 3-1 last week?

"Current Record 14-5:

Seattle at 9ers: I will go with the homer pick but these guys are not inspiring much confidence. I guess whomever sold their soul for that SB win has had the payment come due.

Seattle: 3-4
9ers: 2-5

Rams at Browns: I would think the Rams but just when I think they are rising up, they have a game like they did in GB. They should be able to move the ball on the Browns with the injuries in the secondary but I am going to go with the Browns on this one.

Rams: 2-4

Ravens at Cards: Cards re-group from their hiccup in Pittsburgh. They are the class of the division right now. Not sure how they let a 3rd stringer come on and rally his team but I expect them to hold serve at home.

Cards: 5-2"

You picked the Rams to lose. The Rams won. Seahawks and AZ won also. So you went 2-1 not 3-1 as the Seahawks and 49ers played each other.

drdiags

Reaction score
Rex":3klzouio said:
You picked the Rams to lose. The Rams won. Seahawks and AZ won also. So you went 2-1 not 3-1 as the Seahawks and 49ers played each other.

That's the rub. When division rivals play one another Ringless counts that as either 2 wins or 2 losses. I asked about the accounting starting with week one, since I didn't participate. Try keeping up.

So unless Ringless has retroactively corrected how the accounting goes, I went 3-1 last week. I agree it makes no sense, that is why I asked about why they counted like they did up until now. I wouldn't just be spouting off unless I felt I had grounds. Maybe you should know the people you are calling out. I try to be observant of stuff.

Rex

Reaction score
drdiags":24qkzkgj said:
Rex":24qkzkgj said:

That's the rub. When division rivals play one another Ringless counts that as either 2 wins or 2 losses. I asked about the accounting starting with week one, since I didn't participate. Try keeping up.

So unless Ringless has retroactively corrected how the accounting goes, I went 3-1 last week. I agree it makes no sense, that is why I asked about why they counted like they did up until now. I wouldn't just be spouting off unless I felt I had grounds. Maybe you should know the people you are calling out. I try to be observant of stuff.

What? So unless you state THE OBVIOUS that picking a winner in a divisional game also picks a loser.....you leave a point on the table? I didn't play in week 1 either. I questioned your math and in so doing learned a rather bizarre accounting of which I was unaware since I have not been keeping score AND I now know you consider yourself incapable of being questioned. Thanks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Rex":an8dur3k said:
What? So unless you state THE OBVIOUS that picking a winner in a divisional game also picks a loser.....you leave a point on the table? I didn't play in week 1 either. I questioned your math and in so doing learned a rather bizarre accounting of which I was unaware since I have not been keeping score AND I now know you consider yourself incapable of being questioned. Thanks.

You are welcome. Questioned, no problem. Did homework prior, appreciated.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
All favorites this week:

Seattle wins
Cardinals win
Rams win
9ers lose

As for how the accounting works, I tallied the records for week 1 and did it this way, so if you're annoyed with someone blame me, not Ringless.

My thinking was you could logically do it either way, but the tie breaker was that we're all NFCW fans here, so why not make our system like the NFL itself and have the inter division games be higher stakes.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
drdiags":2ixe2pkr said:
Rex":2ixe2pkr said:

You are welcome. Questioned, no problem. Did homework prior, appreciated.

I will look over this and get it corrected. I simply started counting it as 2 and 2 because Mizzou added up the tallies the first week and I went with that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Isn't the scoring pretty simple? There are 4 picks each week, one for each of the NFC W teams. You get a point in the win column for each team you predict correct, and a pick in the loss column for each team you pick wrong. Has it been done some other way?

This week if you pick AZ, Rams and Hawks to win and SF to lose and that happens, then wouldn't you be 4-0 for this week? You would have made 4 correct picks and 0 incorrect picks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Doesn't matter much to me as it's really for fun, but it seems like if you predict all games correctly this week you should be 3-0 because there are 3 games involving NFC West teams. One just happens to have two of them in the same game. Conversely if I pick the Rams and Niners win then to me that should be one in the loss column, zero in the win column for that specific game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Both methods accomplish the same thing as long as one way or the other has been followed all season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":31c482fg said:
Isn't the scoring pretty simple? There are 4 picks each week, one for each of the NFC W teams. You get a point in the win column for each team you predict correct, and a pick in the loss column for each team you pick wrong. Has it been done some other way?

This week if you pick AZ, Rams and Hawks to win and SF to lose and that happens, then wouldn't you be 4-0 for this week? You would have made 4 correct picks and 0 incorrect picks.
Actually you picked three games so you can only win three times by the arithmetic I was taught....whatever though it's Ringless' s deal and I'm just here to escape my fine.;)

RedAlice

Reaction score
Your'e actually picking 4 teams outcomes, so that is 4 points in one column or the other. However, if it is one point per game (3 this week) - like I said, it accomplishes the exact same thing as long as one method is used. It really doesn't matter. This is a silly argument.

Ringless just needs to say, this is how I've been tracking it, this is how it is. Instead, people are tracking their own numbers and then questioning him.

My four or three picks -

Rams Win
SF Loses
AZ Win
Hawk Win

The only loss that really matters to me is SF. :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Unsurprisingly I picked the exact same outcome. Watch the Rams screw me over though. I hate Jeff Fisher and he usually loses against trash teams. And this year the 49ers are utter trash.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seattle at Dallas: Going into this game with a gimpy Russell Okung worries me (or even worse: Alvin Bailey) but if Seattle can stop the run and force Matt Cassell to try to beat them, they should pull this off. Seahawks 21, Cowboys 16

Arizona at Cleveland: If the Browns are talking about trading their two best offensive linemen, their 2015 season is all over but the shouting. Cardinals 35, Browns 13

San Francisco at St Louis: In lieu of highlights, the 49ers' 2015 video yearbook will just show video clips of building implosions. Rams 20, 49ers 10

drdiags

Reaction score
RedAlice":2jz87rjy said:
Ringless just needs to say, this is how I've been tracking it, this is how it is. Instead, people are tracking their own numbers and then questioning him.

:

To be clear, I only put at the top of my post what Ringless first posts on Tuesdays. In this case he edited the listing and reverted the numbers to the prior week, thus my original question before Rex questioned my math. He had me at 17-6 on Tuesday in the OP of this week, then it changed to 14-5.

This all is done as a way to get various fans to participate in a little contest for fun. So I am not trying to be a stickler, I just wondered why the change in the overall numbers. I will just keep my pie-hole shut and post what I think for the week. Not trying to make this a presidential debate.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
They are edited to reflect the current standings. I simply copied and pasted last weeks standings and not the updated standings.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zkp6c5j said:
RedAlice":2zkp6c5j said:

Actually you picked three games so you can only win three times by the arithmetic I was taught....whatever though it's Ringless' s deal and I'm just here to escape my fine.;)

Actually you are the one who did the first accounting in the first week and I stuck with it. Trying to pass the buck to me lol