NFC West Update, Niners Lose and Rams take down the Cards!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Very interesting results today around the NFL, and mostly good things for the Seahawks in the NFC West. I was going to root for the 49ers, because I don't want the Packers to get home field advantage, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I tried.

One thing of note, the 49ers sacked Rodgers a lot, and made his line look very bad. This not only worries me when I think about our line against SF, but also makes me think our D-line could have done better against the Packers. That being said, it's a game we should have won, could have won, but didn't. It's water under the bridge.

Also, Kaepernick looked awful, and the fans and analysts have turned on him. If any of you saw and heard Trent Dilfer's love affair with Kap during the opening week, you'll appreciate how dramatically things have turned. When Tomsula gave his first press conference last year, I thought the Niners would be a trainwreck. I was probably wrong about that, but they are certainly struggling, which is good for us.

St Louis did us a favor by exposing some weakness in the Cards, and bringing them closer to us in the standings. If we can beat the Lions, we are right back into the thick of things with respect to winning the division!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We honestly needed SF to win but im not worried about GB if the Seahawks have to go there in Jan.

I think GB needed the win in WK 2 more getting beat by the Hawks three times in a row.

Seahawks showed they could match up with GB at Lambeau, even though they need to clean up some things.

Arizona finally faced a good D and it knocked them back down to earth a little bit.

Seahawks and Cards are going to be fun later on.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The Cards loss today was critical in that it was a divisional loss at home. It also buys Seattle some time and wiggle room that can allow some gaps to be closed.

Seattle could face back to back undefeated teams in Bengals and then Panthers and I think these challenges are what the team and roster needs. Get through the Lions game in good shape and then visit a team like the Bengals clicking on all cylinders, then return home for Carolina, who is also playing well. Then visit the Niners and Dallas.

Looks like there is a window opened here by the Rams.....long term however, Todd Gurley and the Rams visit the Packers and they will get after Aaron Rodgers next week for at least 3 to 4 sacks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
xgeoff":3sz20one said:
Very interesting results today around the NFL, and mostly good things for the Seahawks in the NFC West. I was going to root for the 49ers, because I don't want the Packers to get home field advantage, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I tried.

One thing of note, the 49ers sacked Rodgers a lot, and made his line look very bad. This not only worries me when I think about our line against SF, but also makes me think our D-line could have done better against the Packers. That being said, it's a game we should have won, could have won, but didn't. It's water under the bridge.

Also, Kaepernick looked awful, and the fans and analysts have turned on him. If any of you saw and heard Trent Dilfer's love affair with Kap during the opening week, you'll appreciate how dramatically things have turned. When Tomsula gave his first press conference last year, I thought the Niners would be a trainwreck. I was probably wrong about that, but they are certainly struggling, which is good for us.

St Louis did us a favor by exposing some weakness in the Cards, and bringing them closer to us in the standings. If we can beat the Lions, we are right back into the thick of things with respect to winning the division!

Packers arent the only 4-0 team. Both Panthers and Falcons are 4-0 right now

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":279pq7a7 said:
xgeoff":279pq7a7 said:

Forgive me but I'm really not sold on the Panthers or the Falcons yet. Have they played anyone good?

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Rocket":vnr3boj9 said:
I blame the Falcons coach... for their record.

LOL, it is nice to see DQ have some success. I think they're very beatable, though.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
xgeoff":1fw9odhv said:
WilsonMVP":1fw9odhv said:
xgeoff":1fw9odhv said:

Forgive me but I'm really not sold on the Panthers or the Falcons yet. Have they played anyone good?

answer would be no, and the panthers have very little offense aside from newton.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
All I know is if the Rams go into the bye week healthy, and after a victory in Lambeau, it will be fun to watch the Hawks and Cards fight it out for two WC spots. Their schedule was brutal early, gets much softer after the bye. Gurley looked like he woke something up in this team today. But of course, I can't forget Washington (which Gurley didn't play). It always comes down to this...

Any. Given. Week.

I'm ready to see if the Hawks can beat a team they have zero excuses losing to tomorrow night.

(Todd Gurley is like a mix of Jackson and Faulk, BTW. Great to have yet another great RB in STL.)

Good luck, Hawks. Stay healthy

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rocket":2gq6lqk6 said:
I blame the Falcons coach... for their record.

Ha. You gave a big donation to the Falcons. Quinn is rocking it. I would take him in a heartbeat.