NFC West

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think no matter what I say here, I’ll be discounted.

There is no rational discourse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RedAlice":3e0u1kcb said:
Yes, Si - I am aware of this opinion.

I don’t agree. But it’s ok, it’s a popular and short sighted opinion to have.

Short sighted?

That about sums up the passive-aggressive defensiveness of Rams fans on this.

I just dont see why its so hard for Rams fans to admit and accept the gift

That would be rationale.

Taking the high road while ignoring said obvious gift?

Well..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Uncle Si":985f4yi4 said:
RedAlice":985f4yi4 said:

Short sighted?

That would be rationale.

Well..
This is exactly my take on the issue. I get it, the Rams are excited that they're in the Super Bowl. It's something that hasn't happened for almost 15 years now? I can understand their sentiments on some level. Unfortunately, instead of being gracious, or admitting the obvious they have instead focused on denial. There is a good reason why every NFL fan base is outraged by this incident. Instead of accepting that, I'm seeing a great amount of mental gymnastics, and cognitive dissidence from Rams fans.

Ask yourselves, if the roles were reversed what would your response be? I knew what it was like in '05, it felt terrible. I almost wanted to stop watching football all together. The Saints game was all too real for me as a Seahawk fan who lived through a botched ref job.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hate the Pats.

Hope the Rams win and they will forever have the *Super Bowl winner

RedAlice

Reaction score
My take as a Rams fan is quite simple.

Your all’s take on this is pulling in years of baggage and Rams hate. It’s fun and easy to hate the Rams and get all your years of Ref hate out and blame Rams. What actually are you mad at Rams for?

Yes. The ref made a bad call.

But. Payton should have been running and then FG. It should have been run, run, FG. Saints win. Simple.

There is mic’d up info that Payton didn’t want that. He wanted the TD. Had he played the run, the non call never happens.

There was no need for Payton to have Brees even be passing.

So tell me again: why are Rams the villains?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Run Run FG wouldve left more time on the clock then what was left after the 3rd down incompletion.

You left out a play.

The argument makes no sense. Also.. most on here probably dont care about the Rams much. Its ignoring the whole situation to try and pin the reaction on something so vain.

Outside the CB still running his mouth sbout getting away with it id say the entire focus on hete has been the NFL.. not the Rams

RedAlice

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":b97rd7ha said:
Uncle Si":b97rd7ha said:
RedAlice":b97rd7ha said:

Short sighted?

That would be rationale.

Well..
This is exactly my take on the issue. I get it, the Rams are excited that they're in the Super Bowl. It's something that hasn't happened for almost 15 years now? I can understand their sentiments on some level. Unfortunately, instead of being gracious, or admitting the obvious they have instead focused on denial. There is a good reason why every NFL fan base is outraged by this incident. Instead of accepting that, I'm seeing a great amount of mental gymnastics, and cognitive dissidence from Rams fans.

Ask yourselves, if the roles were reversed what would your response be? I knew what it was like in '05, it felt terrible. I almost wanted to stop watching football all together. The Saints game was all too real for me as a Seahawk fan who lived through a botched ref job.

Um, are you asking me to remember bad ref calls against the Rams?

Cheating against the Rams?

Oh, maybe a Super Bowl lost to cheating against the Rams?

Just want to clarify the question so I can accurately tell you how I felt.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ffo9di9q said:
Run Run FG wouldve left more time on the clock then what was left after the 3rd down incompletion.

You left out a play.

The argument makes no sense. Also.. most on here probably dont care about the Rams much. Its ignoring the whole situation to try and pin the reaction on something so vain.

Outside the CB still running his mouth sbout getting away with it id say the entire focus on hete has been the NFL.. not the Rams

Disagree. Scoring faster leaves more time on the clock.

Payton should have run it down.

But as you say, yes the Rams hate is strong here so what I say is discounted and reasonable discourse impossible. I already admitted that

As to RC running his mouth: I love it.

What do you expect w all the Saints martyrs right now?

Rams have worked their ass off. They are a good team. The media is discounting them.

I expect lashing out.

The Rams didn’t make the wrong ref call. Everyone is blaming them for it. I love and hope our boys lash out at this obvious hypocracy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I did not say the Rams hate is strong here. Opposite really.

People are pissed at the NFL and noone likes the Patriots.

Youre barking up.the wrong tree.

I also think you have the sequence leading to the Saints field goal confused.

They went incomplete pass- run- incomplete pass-fg. The rams had 2 time outs left so the pass for a first down was logical. Rams were always going to get the ball back with the same time left, just one less TO.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Not necessarily the same time left. They could have run it all three times and that would have burned some clock.

But that would also pretty much mean giving up on actually getting the first down.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The main problem i have with the call and the Rams in general was that it was just another bad call in a litany of bad calls that favoured the Rams over the past 2 seasons. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Evidentiary proof of the NFL's need to stoke a turgid LA market.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":3fbty2ub said:
Not necessarily the same time left. They could have run it all three times and that would have burned some clock.

But that would also pretty much mean giving up on actually getting the first down.

True... they wouldve had 1:15 left instead of 1:41. Payton went for the kill shot on 3rd down (not a TD as Alice indicates, just a first down) i stead of handing the ball back to the NFLs best offense with over a minute left.

I think most can appreciate the thought process. And again, it shouldve been rewarded

chris98251

Reaction score
Most didn't start out hating the Rams team, they hated the call and didn't think the Rams deserved to be in the Super Bowl, then Rams fans started to post crap like they earned it and deny they would have lost of the penalty would have been called. Then players like the CB that made the 2 penalties started piping off about his intent from the onset was to nail the receiver, throw in his team mates now barking the same tune as fans and the play was what it was and didn't get called so all is good crap.

Throw in the news that 4 of the officials are from the L.A. area and you have the Gift tied with a bow of it was steered heavily. No Roger Statement since he is avoiding this like the plague.

Now you have the rest of the league looking at Rams fans and the Team in disgust.

Also questioning whether the league is even worth watching.

Just heard another professional fixer is also going to be a part of the game and is getting interviewed, our own POTUS.

This is a Super Bowl we will look back on and wonder if we should have watched a replay of the Pro Bowl.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OK...I'll just say this Red...

...I totally get where you are coming from. Your team in finally in the big game and all this controversy kinda ruins it.

My advice? Just lets peeps say what they are gonna say and enjoy the Chip if they win. Screw everyone. Hawks fans wouldn't say they didn't deserve it. I wouldn't as a Niner fan.

For me I'd point out all the times Niners got screwed to justify.

Bottom line, screw em. Enjoy it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I do like the way Robey-Coleman handled it. He pretty much owned it, didn't deny that he got away with one and smiled. It becomes more palatable when a player takes that approach.

Part of what pissed off Packers fans and NFL fans about the Fail Mary was Tate, Carroll and Wilson digging in their heels and remaining defiant. Nothing wrong with admitting when you're on the beneficial side of one of these.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kobebryant":az0r6o1g said:
I do like the way Robey-Coleman handled it. He pretty much owned it, didn't deny that he got away with one and smiled. It becomes more palatable when a player takes that approach.

Part of what pissed off Packers fans and NFL fans about the Fail Mary was Tate, Carroll and Wilson digging in their heels and remaining defiant. Nothing wrong with admitting when you're on the beneficial side of one of these.

His tweet about "if we cant the ball we're gonna blow someone up. Its how we're coached" was more than "i got away with one"

But generally i agree with you.

Doubling down on calling Brady old though just serves as being a bit too excited