NFL+ and commercials

DaveG

Reaction score
Does anybody else use NFL+ to watch the games? According to the NFL+ website the replays are supposed to be commercial free, but the full game replays still have the commercials in them. Does this happen to everybody, or am I just special? They don't seem to have anyplace on their website where you can ask questions like this.

NampaHawk

Reaction score
Does anybody else use NFL+ to watch the games? According to the NFL+ website the replays are supposed to be commercial free, but the full game replays still have the commercials in them. Does this happen to everybody, or am I just special? They don't seem to have anyplace on their website where you can ask questions like this.
I have NFL+ but usually watch games starting on Tuesday - generally there have been no commercials in the replays - every once in awhile when I start a game same day, or early the next day, it seems 50-50 if I get commercials. It almost seems like they have someone edit the broadcast to remove commercials and some commentary to get the full replay down to 2 hrs - and although I have zero knowledge of it, seems like you should just be able to hit a "no commercial" to your broadcast and it strips them away and concatenates the stream together...maybe have to edit out the half time show on your own. Weird that a multi-billion dollar org can't have commercial free immediately after the conclusion of games - or maybe they have an agreement with advertisers that it isn't commercial free until "x" hrs after game conclusion. But, yes, I do see the games commercial free - the full game replays.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I've had a similar experience - commercials initially and then they seemingly get edited out later. It's odd because I could swear the games used to be commercial-free immediately in previous seasons.

OP
OP
D

DaveG

Reaction score
I do tend to watch the games within a couple of hours, so that's probably it. It sucks because they advertise the replays as being available commercial free ten minutes (or something) after the end of the game. The other problem is that when I try to fast forward through the commercials it jumps to the end of the game, spoiling the outcome. That's in the NFL app on Chromecast. It works ok on the computer.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I do tend to watch the games within a couple of hours, so that's probably it. It sucks because they advertise the replays as being available commercial free ten minutes (or something) after the end of the game. The other problem is that when I try to fast forward through the commercials it jumps to the end of the game, spoiling the outcome. That's in the NFL app on Chromecast. It works ok on the computer.
I normally watch the condensed games. Today I watched the rest of the full Seahawks-Cards full game from the NFL+ (on my PC) and most of the commercials were stripped out, but there were a handful of short ones that didn't get taken out. Close enough for me.