Anybody ever visit a city with an NFL team and thought their team should be better?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
But their team sucks?!?

So, I’ve visited San Diego a few times.

Visited San Diego a few times prior to COVID-19 and thought, this is a nice city!

It has all the amenities, big city, lots of things to do, great fantastic weather, beautiful people, great business district, tourism friendly, but they lost their NFL team!

Granted, you can’t blame everything on the city, cause owners play a huge part, but damn, San Diego, is a great city and could have won some Super Bowls with the Chargers because San Diego is an attractive city to go too for free agents, places to live, etc. but damn, they cannot have an NFL team or build something good! And that sucks cause, the city could of had a good team!

But since San Diego was our rivals in the AFC West for some time, screw them!

Very nice city, though!

I could also say the same for Phoenix! Screw them, too!

You got a nice city but your team sucks!

Hahahaaha!

Go Seahawks!

Lmao.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I can't say that I have, conversely, I have been to a city that I felt had no business having an NFL franchise. It still baffles me that Jacksonville, Florida has a pro football team, good or bad, when other more deserving cities do not. Jax is a small market town and their fans, who are predominantly on the lower income end, struggle to fill their stadium every week.

schkoot

Reaction score
San Diego was team 2 for me in the mid 2000s. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton and they were not the other 3 infernal teams I hated back in the AFCW. They were really good with LT and Brees back then. But I still think we were better.

Now I live in Texas and I passively root for the boys when it doesn't impact the Hawks. They should be way better than they are. Texas is huge and the Texas triangle is one of the most populated areas of the US.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I had to spend a summer in Denver in the mid 80's. I was expecting Denver to be this nice forested beautiful city. Man was I wrong. I grew up in Pasco Washington and Denver seemed like what would happen if the Tri-Cities became a metropolis. They had a good team then but hadn't won a Superbowl.

The local media was super invasive toward players there. I was appalled. They reported on players going out to eat, where they ate and what they ordered. Interviewed the wait staff. Crazy stuff.