NFL next great rivalry

olyfan63

Reaction score
lukerguy":2krzt654 said:
DavidSeven":2krzt654 said:
Carroll vs. Harbaugh is not repeatable.
--snip--
All these elements will never come together like this again.

What's your deal?

I'd say his deal is hitting the nail on the head. What's yours?
The Carolina rivalry is now "on", given that Seattle and Carolina have ended each other's seasons the last two years, on the way to the SB. It's just different from the 49ers rivalry. Plus, Ron Rivera is actually kind of likeable.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Seahawks fans don't hate the Panthers, but Panthers fans absolutely hate the Seahawks and our fans. If the Panthers beat the Seahawks in the next one or two meetings they might get our attention particularly if both teams are at the top of the NFC. But until they can run off three or four in a row against us I'm not sure it will get there.

Plus the fact that their quarterback is such a whiny, sulky, soft wannabe tough guy douchebag coupled with their loser, contrived just pound fan base I could see disliking them in the future.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":l7tkwl5f said:
lukerguy":l7tkwl5f said:
DavidSeven":l7tkwl5f said:
Carroll vs. Harbaugh is not repeatable.
--snip--
All these elements will never come together like this again.

What's your deal?

I'd say his deal is hitting the nail on the head. What's yours?
I think you missed his reference.

evergreen

Reaction score
Our rivalry with the 9ers was like the houstan oilers vs the steelers of the 70s. The leagues two best teams in the same division. I identify with the Oilers because Earl Campbell is my 2nd favorite running back. We better be the stealers in this comparison though. It was so strong but it burned out do fast. A-supernova.

NINEster

Reaction score
49ers/Seahawks will eventually return, just a question of when.

I know this because the 49ers/Giants rivalry stayed dormant for a long time (1994-2011) and when it returned it felt like nothing changed. That three game stretch from 2011-2012 was pretty intense, and I know the fanbases historic hatred of each other was on full blast.

I predict it's going to get real over the next 2-3 years.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Actually I was hoping that through this whole LA drama that we might end up back in the AFC West with Denver, the Raiders/Chargers, and the Chiefs. That way, we could become the first team to ever win the SB by representing both conferences.