NFL Power Rankings Wk 1 — Seahawks underestimated at #27

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3fzu8kt7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fzu8kt7 said:
Seymour":3fzu8kt7 said:
Is it though? I don't expect outsiders to believe that. Look at what they have to look at. 0-4 in pre-season with issues on both sides of the ball still and many unproven starters, and 42-7 loss at home to the Rams late last year. Not exactly ground breaking data to dispute their ranking.

Our preseason record is laughable if you're putting any merit into that as an indicator to our success this season.

Other than the Chargers starting offense when our defense was just playing base and Rivers carved us up?.........both sides of the ball hung with other starting groups, and in fact looked better than the Vikings, Colts and Raiders 75% of the time when it was starters vs. starters. After that when our depth was exposed? Err, not so much.

Which IMO is our problem this year, depth. It's downright scary on the defensive side of the ball. But certainly not 4-12 or 5-13 27th ranked team in the league range.

That's just ignorance from someone who only looked at rosters to compile his list, and not actual game tape of this young group of players.

What else do we have to go on....non contact practice? I put merit on what I have to see. Thats really all we have. Or would you prefer to possibly use Pete's outlook to predict our strength??

Then you should agree with me, because our starters in all three phases of the game looked good, and in the case of the offense and special teams, great.

So if you're concerned about 0-4 preseason, why? You tell me.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seymour":3mykq8ef said:
pmedic920":3mykq8ef said:
Seymour":3mykq8ef said:
RolandDeschain":3mykq8ef said:
17 teams went 9-7 or better last year, and exactly one team was 8-8, with the rest being 7-9 or worse; so if you think we're an 8-8 team, that would place us 18th or 19th; kind of a far cry from 24th-27th.

Just sayin'.

Well my main point that +/- 2 games from 8-8 taking us to 6-10 would likely fall in that range. So I do believe we should be a bit above that yes, but this is nothing to get excited about and it's within reasonable range for a team that least coasters want to see fail and will gladly predict it. Pretty much saying I expect (and actually welcome) the disrespect, and we haven't done enough to dispel it IMO.

All a matter of perspective, and manipulation of #s.

I look at 27 as only 5 teams being worse that the Seahawks.

That my friend is utter BS, I don’t care who you are , or where you went to School:{)

Is it though? I don't expect outsiders to believe that. Look at what they have to look at. 0-4 in pre-season with issues on both sides of the ball still and many unproven starters, and 42-7 loss at home to the Rams late last year. Not exactly ground breaking data to dispute their ranking.

Like I said, it’s a matter of perspective and how you choose to look at the #s.

Let’s try this.

You tell us who you think are the 5 teams that are worse than the Seahawks.
Then we can see the ones you think are better.
I’d be curious to see your list of the 26 (I said 26) teams that you think are better.

Good day Sir.

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":3qttarql said:
Seymour":3qttarql said:
pmedic920":3qttarql said:
Well my main point that +/- 2 games from 8-8 taking us to 6-10 would likely fall in that range. So I do believe we should be a bit above that yes, but this is nothing to get excited about and it's within reasonable range for a team that least coasters want to see fail and will gladly predict it. Pretty much saying I expect (and actually welcome) the disrespect, and we haven't done enough to dispel it IMO.

That my friend is utter BS, I don’t care who you are , or where you went to School:{)

Let’s try this.

I’d be curious to see your list of the 26 (I said 26) teams that you think are better.

Good day Sir.

I've already said I think this is the extreme low end of our potential.....why would I attempt to argue that? I could make an equal argument that we go 10-6....do you remember me stating that?
Also, I know less about the potential of many of the other teams then I know about our mystery year. Give me 4 weeks and ask again.

Pretty much saying I expect (and actually welcome) the disrespect, and we haven't done enough to dispel it IMO.

James in PA

Reaction score
You Debbie Downers. This team is going 19-0. The ‘72 Dolphins are done popping champagne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seymour":27bkhe98 said:
pmedic920":27bkhe98 said:
pmedic920":27bkhe98 said:

Let’s try this.

Good day Sir.

I've already said I think this is the extreme low end of our potential.....why would I attempt to argue that? I could make an equal argument that we go 10-6....do you remember me stating that?
Also, I know less about the potential of many of the other teams then I know about our mystery year. Give me 4 weeks and ask again.

Pretty much saying I expect (and actually welcome) the disrespect, and we haven't done enough to dispel it IMO.

Look I’m just bustin’ your balls a bit to further the conversation.

I’m just of the mindset that there’s no way in Hell that were the 6th worst team in the League.

We should make a wager. A friendly wager.

I hate Oysters but I’ll eat a dozen of them if we finish as the 6th worst team.

If you care to participate, state your end of the deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":3k9crobl said:
Seymour":3k9crobl said:
pmedic920":3k9crobl said:

Let’s try this.

Good day Sir.

Look I’m just bustin’ your balls a bit to further the conversation.

I’m just of the mindset that there’s no way in Hell that were the 6th worst team in the League.

We should make a wager. A friendly wager.

I hate Oysters but I’ll eat a dozen of them if we finish as the 6th worst team.

If you care to participate, state your end of the deal.

Good to know because so am I. :twisted:

No bet because I think this team could surprise! I think Wilson could go off this year if the run game and line clicks. Also, I never make a bet that puts me against my team, I live to cheer for them! I'll try to help you find your pigeon though....they're around. :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
If you lose Pmedic I will take the Oysters and down them for you, save the shipping costs :)

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that their is hardly any mention of the 2018 first round draft pick by the Seahawks - RB-Rashaad Penny seems to be the "forgotten man", everyone is so in love with Carson but y'all are sleeping on Penny. NFL teams value their 1-st round picks and because of that, they research them carefully. Penny just needs the opportunity to play the RB position for more than a few carries to show ALL that the Seahawks knew what they were doing by drafting him.

Rashaad Penny is the least discussed/respected 1-st round pick that the Seahawks have ever made, how come? Is it only because he came from small school SDSC? Were his NCAA records just a mirage? Is it because he isn't a brash gangster type ala Lynch? Is it only because of his draft grades from supposed National media experts? I don't get it, the kid just needs the chance to prove himself, then lookout NFL.

In the Denver game I'd guess that Penny/Carson will share the RB duties fairly equally with Carson starting and Penny getting an equal number of carries. Based on the results that I expect, I think Penny is the starter in game 2. IMO- they have the potential to be a GREAT 1-2 punch and both could even have 1000+ yard seasons, health permitting. Both of these RB's have something to prove & that will be exciting to see as it unfolds. "Rock & Roll" may become a very good nickname for these two guys paired in the running game, Carson = Rock, Penny = Roll.

Don't sleep on Rashaad Penny, he hasn't had much opportunity -YET- but he will prove to be the "real deal" at the RB position and will be an impact playmaker for the Seahawks---IMO. After the Denver game, I'm looking forward to some of the conversations about the running game here. JS/PC spent the majority of their draft capital this year to improve the running game and I personally see that as paying off, big time. I predict numerous 200+ yard rushing games from the "new" Seahawk rushing attack this season. Also, as a prediction, if the running game does indeed show strong improvement, an 11-12 win season, (or better) + the playoffs & who knows what happens then - are the likely results.
All of the above is just my opinion & I sincerely expect & hope it all shakes out this way. Go Hawks.

:smilingalien:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2f4d5fr8 said:
I find it very interesting that their is hardly any mention of the 2018 first round draft pick by the Seahawks - RB-Rashaad Penny seems to be the "forgotten man", everyone is so in love with Carson but y'all are sleeping on Penny. NFL teams value their 1-st round picks and because of that, they research them carefully. Penny just needs the opportunity to play the RB position for more than a few carries to show ALL that the Seahawks knew what they were doing by drafting him. :

It's easy to sleep on a player that hasn't shown us much so far.

I love the pick, and I think Penny is a stud. But this is the NFL, he's going to have to stay healthy, produce and rip the job away from Carson...........which won't be easy cause Carson looks like a beast right now.

Hopefully we won't have to sleep on either, and they'll be the best run tandem in the league.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Below the Lions, Bengals, Dolphins and Raiders? They are on crack.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten.

Elemas

Reaction score
Hoping for 9 wins (at a minimum).

7-9 seems more likely. The schedule this year doesn't help matters.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I see lots of downer posts stating...."yeah....agreed....we may just go 7-9"

I know its been a while since us hawk fans have seen 7-9/8-8....but you guys do realize that as disappointing as that record would be, it would be nowhere near 27th in the league, right?

27th in the league is 3-13/4-12 territory. There is absolutely no. way.

Predicting that is just flat out trolling, end of story.

chawx

Reaction score
The home blowout to the Rams is honestly the biggest factor in this low of a ranking in my opinion, but people forget that we were a capable kicker away from the Playoffs where the freakin' Eagles (a team we crushed) came out of the NFC and won the 'chip. Now I'm not saying we should have won the Super Bowl last year, that would have been insanity with the OL we were scraping up and throwing out there week-to-week, but we should have been a Playoff team at the least. Did we lose Bennett (aka. Mr. Encroachment), Sherm (aka. Mr. I'll-never-forgive-you-for-passing-on-the-one), Kam and Avril (both missed a huge chunks of last year) and still managed 9 wins? Yes. Are we a younger, hungrier team with much more to prove and no one giving us a chance? Damn straight.

12-4 - You heard it here first.

Elemas

Reaction score
9-7 isn't a bad record...all considering. Not sure if you were referring to my post but, I agree that 9-7 doesn't translate to a power ranking of 27.

ESPN's forecast appears to be more accurate.

10-6 is what it took just to get a wildcard in the NFC last year.

One has to be realistic with expectations.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Steve2222":2952ct7x said:
Russ has never missed a game in his career and playing behind his best OL in a few years. What makes you think his health is a concern? And again, no matter how terrible his team is (last year they were probably more terrible), he still led them to 9 wins.

Have you not been watching this team the past two years? He’s been running for his life behind the worst pass blocking line in the league. How can you NOT be concerned about his health?

Management has been pressing their luck ever since we brought him here, and continuing to do so will shorten his career. We needed to completely rebuild the interior line to compete with our division rivals, and didn’t do it.

Von Miller and Bradley Chubb are licking their chops right now.