NFL Power Rankings Wk 1 — Seahawks underestimated at #27

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chawx":25o6an63 said:
The home blowout to the Rams is honestly the biggest factor in this low of a ranking in my opinion, but people forget that we were a capable kicker away from the Playoffs where the freakin' Eagles (a team we crushed) came out of the NFC and won the 'chip. Now I'm not saying we should have won the Super Bowl last year, that would have been insanity with the OL we were scraping up and throwing out there week-to-week, but we should have been a Playoff team at the least. Did we lose Bennett (aka. Mr. Encroachment), Sherm (aka. Mr. I'll-never-forgive-you-for-passing-on-the-one), Kam and Avril (both missed a huge chunks of last year) and still managed 9 wins? Yes. Are we a younger, hungrier team with much more to prove and no one giving us a chance? Damn straight.

12-4 - You heard it here first.

That was LITERALLY a different Seahawks team with almost a completely different coaching staff.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a team with a top-5 qb ranked so pearly? I don't think I have.

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":1va4x4d9 said:
chris98251":1va4x4d9 said:
If you lose Pmedic I will take the Oysters and down them for you, save the shipping costs :)

Not happening.
He Crawfished.
:{)

Good thing for you. We are moving the wrong direction....now down to 29. :shock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nkings-week-3-rams-jaguars-take-top-two-spots

A contrast in quarterbacks Monday night: The Bears have built a squad surrounding their shaky QB, while the Seahawks are a shell of a team around their top-five signal-caller (at least when you consider all of the injuries and offseason departures for Pete Carroll's group). The defense did its darndest without its heart and soul, Bobby Wagner, and two other starters missing on defense. That unit played well. Meanwhile, Wilson threw the key pick-six, and didn't exactly enjoy a fantastic night. Also keep in mind how much of the Seahawks' outcome is contingent on his play, and what his options are offensively. Turnovers often come when a quarterback presses. Yes, even the best quarterbacks can fall victim to that.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Is it undeserved? Cards and Bills are the only worse team THUSFAR from what I can see.

Just read it an forgot about the Lions. I think it's fair to be honest. Maybe we should be above the Giants, but they did play a tough opponent in the Jags and we haven't played a great team yet.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1mgcmye4 said:
Have you ever seen a team with a top-5 qb ranked so pearly? I don't think I have.

Besides Drew Brees in multiple years?

And the whole "top 5 QB" thing is a can of worms, so I don't know if you include Rothlisburger's 2013, Matt Ryan's 2013, 2014, or 2015, Newton's 2012 or 2013, Rivers' 2012, 2015, and 2015, and so forth.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
No line. Able running back which we abandon. And although Denver and Chicago aren’t great their D’s certainly are. And still in the game with chance to win in the 4th quarter and on the road albeit. 27th is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":z13l79uv said:
No line. Able running back which we abandon. And although Denver and Chicago aren’t great their D’s certainly are. And still in the game with chance to win in the 4th quarter and on the road albeit. 27th is ridiculous.

Actually 29th on the NFL.com one. Which teams besides the Cards, Bills, and Lions have shown to be worse through two weeks?

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Looked like doo doo butter of course, but were still in position to pull it out. Not here to say all lollipops and rainbows because obviously not. To be brutalized like were in stat column and short handed, still right there. Gonna be a rough year to what accustomed to as of recent yet much better team than being portrayed in these rankings. Well until play Rams, beat us up when they were bad and now...well let Hundley take that abuse.

seabowl

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1xyzgbzg said:
I find it very interesting that their is hardly any mention of the 2018 first round draft pick by the Seahawks - RB-Rashaad Penny seems to be the "forgotten man", everyone is so in love with Carson but y'all are sleeping on Penny. NFL teams value their 1-st round picks and because of that, they research them carefully. Penny just needs the opportunity to play the RB position for more than a few carries to show ALL that the Seahawks knew what they were doing by drafting him.

Rashaad Penny is the least discussed/respected 1-st round pick that the Seahawks have ever made, how come? Is it only because he came from small school SDSC? Were his NCAA records just a mirage? Is it because he isn't a brash gangster type ala Lynch? Is it only because of his draft grades from supposed National media experts? I don't get it, the kid just needs the chance to prove himself, then lookout NFL.

In the Denver game I'd guess that Penny/Carson will share the RB duties fairly equally with Carson starting and Penny getting an equal number of carries. Based on the results that I expect, I think Penny is the starter in game 2. IMO- they have the potential to be a GREAT 1-2 punch and both could even have 1000+ yard seasons, health permitting. Both of these RB's have something to prove & that will be exciting to see as it unfolds. "Rock & Roll" may become a very good nickname for these two guys paired in the running game, Carson = Rock, Penny = Roll.

Don't sleep on Rashaad Penny, he hasn't had much opportunity -YET- but he will prove to be the "real deal" at the RB position and will be an impact playmaker for the Seahawks---IMO. After the Denver game, I'm looking forward to some of the conversations about the running game here. JS/PC spent the majority of their draft capital this year to improve the running game and I personally see that as paying off, big time. I predict numerous 200+ yard rushing games from the "new" Seahawk rushing attack this season. Also, as a prediction, if the running game does indeed show strong improvement, an 11-12 win season, (or better) + the playoffs & who knows what happens then - are the likely results.
All of the above is just my opinion & I sincerely expect & hope it all shakes out this way. Go Hawks.

:smilingalien:

Could have saved you a lot of typing by letting you know that right now Carson is a better back hence not much Penny talk.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I have no doubt the Seahawks will end the year higher than they are now, but they're 0-2, and haven't played anyone who is any good yet.

Going back to the end of last year they've now also lost five of their last six.

I'd put money on them climbing out of being ranked so low, but I understand why they're there too.

acctingman

Reaction score
This is a 5/6 win team.

Some of you need to take off those rose colored glasses. This team is complete trash. Not hating here. Just being realistic. Lordy, I do hope I'm wrong, but explain to me how this team wins more than 6 games when their schedule becomes much tougher?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Watching the last two games, you could pretty easily argue 27 being correct. We did see a big improvement jump in the defense without 2 of our most important starters, and if we go 0-3 or 1-4, I think Pete will be forced to have some serious introspection on his classic strategy not working well with these players and coaches skillsets.

I was at 9-7, 10-6 before the season started, but I tend to have homer specs. I think we continue to look like hot garbage til around game 7 (2-4 give or take one), then go on a tear to bring us within a game or two to take our division only to barely falter in the end. Probably won't matter much though as I dont think we have the staff or players to do anything in the playoffs this year.

Should rank around middle of the league by the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how the FO handles that. Will they look at coaching/strategy or will they look at players? If I remember correctly we have a pretty nice cap situation next year (barring some stupid harvin type deal this year), so maybe that might help.

I am definitely not on board with the anti russ crew. Yes, he has not been himself these last couple, but trading a QB who has shown he can single handedly put you in and keep you in the playoffs in a run to the big one is someone you keep. Not many of those historically.

My main concern isnt our rank, but instead if we have the nuts to look at our issues objectively and change what needs to be changed. Maximize strengths and minimize weakness based on players you have. Sticking to a philosophy without having the manpower to pull it off is a recipe for disaster. The patriots are consistently a contender because they have a great QB and they are able to adapt to fit their opponent and their players strengths.