OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1b26xpav said:
minormillikin":1b26xpav said:
Zebulon Dak":1b26xpav said:
He's a prick.

I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.

Bahaha yeah. I hate refs.

Honestly though, I feel like I remember him letting us play on D that day. So maybe that's a good thing.

probably the reason why we won that day

blkhwk

Reaction score
Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.

kidhawk

Reaction score
blkhwk":2h9aba7s said:
Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.

This is true....These Referees are the lead official on the crew, but they don't bring their crew with them in the playoffs, so you'd really have to look at all the individuals on a crew to know for sure, but the fact that his crews historically let guys play is a good thing.

PantherInWA

Reaction score
Expect a lot of bad calls in San Fran's favor. They screwed my Panthers pretty bad last week, and I am sure there is some sort of inside job going to get a 49ers/Patriots Super Bowl. I think Seattle is good enough to overcome the refs, but don't expect to get many calls. It's sad what this league is becoming (only the big media market teams get to win).

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.

Chapow

Reaction score
The refs make bad calls sometimes and they miss calls sometimes. It is an impossible job to get 100% right, 100% of the time.

The reason the Seahawks get penalized so damn much is because they commit a ton of penalties.

Sorry, but I'm really tired of all the whining about the refs. It's not the refs fault that our team commits a shit ton of penalties every game, it's the players fault.

hoxrox

Reaction score
This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1esk9xh6 said:
He had to be graded out as one of the best refs in the NFL to get to this point. How many penalties he calls is irrelevant to me, as long as he calls it accurately and fair. 49ers do just as much mugging on both sides of the ball.
This. Though regardless if they let them play it's to our advantage.

StealthHawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":mkp7slxl said:
This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.

The crew last week was led by Carl Cheffers. Thank god they didn't give us him this week, the whiners would probably get away with murder.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ha0ek16 said:
Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.

I fully expect the 49ers to try to test the Seahawks emotions early, much like the Rams did. The team needs to be focused and not bite into the mind games.

dunceface

Reaction score
NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

TheHawkster

Reaction score
dunceface":2bnqwuie said:
NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

Carey didn't qualify for the playoffs.
Can anyone believe he's 64?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkNuts":5ej500av said:
Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.
Best idea I've seen all week. :th2thumbs:

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xonzo3d8 said:
Steratore is great. Peter King did a piece in the MMQB about him and his crew. Very good read.

He's the perfect ref for this matchup IMO. He will let the two teams play, which is what everyone wants to see.

Here's the piece by King. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-kin ... -nfl-refs/

I was planning on posting that one, great read indeed. I think the reason officials tend to "let them play" in the playoffs is because it does not downgrade them in the same way. If you DON'T throw a ticky tack flag in the regular season that can get you downgraded and you dont get to ref the super bowl. But when reffing the nfcc / afcc game you are not reffing the super bowl regardles, and in the superbowl you are already reffing the super bowl, so the refs can relax a bit and just call the game the way they really would like to call it all the time= in a "let them play and let players decide the outcome" way.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The only real problems I've been seeing with rergards to defense penalaties is that "interpretation" fine line of what is considered between playing close and creating an unfair advantage and interfering or holding.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The environmental engineer is going to favor the green team, the tax consultant will favor the team in gold, the right wing Texas Christian Banker is going to hate the liberal NW team and favor the team in gold, the high school administrator will favor the green team. Everyone else will be neutral.

Now I can't wait to see if my guesses pan out!

Largent80

Reaction score
According to football-refs.com – which keeps track of assignments for NFL officiating crews – Steratore has worked one Seahawks game this season, which was their Week-8 win over St. Louis. Ten penalties were called against the Seahawks that game, including two for holding by their cornerbacks. None of Seattle's penalties were for pass interference.

Latest posts