NFL to play two games on Christmas Day Wednesday in 2024

Mizak

Reaction score

so which ever teams play on Sunday has to play on Wednesday for Christmas again? talk about overkill. No rest at all for those 4 teams.

warden

Reaction score
So much for player safety. Play on Sunday, have two days off and play again on Wednesday

NoGain

Reaction score
I thought the article stated that the teams that will play on Xmas will also play on the Saturday before. So, in essence, it would be like a normal/abnormal Sunday/Thursday type thing.

warden

Reaction score
The first game of the season will be played on a Friday in Brazil. The defending Superbowl Champions will not play in this game. It will be the Eagles versus the Browns or Packers. Their could be some scheduling issues with the Browns which they are trying to sort it out before they announce the Eagles opponent

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just don't think there's any way they would make a team play Sunday, then 3 days later. It's tough on the players to do Sunday than Thursday as it is. I highly doubt the players union would allow this to happen.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Do you think they will make a team play on Sunday, then again on Wed? Seems like they would have a team play Thursday before xmas if they're playing on Xmas.
There’s typically only 1 game on Thursday. So 2 teams. A doubleheader means 4 teams play so 2 would come from Sunday but they won’t play each back to back.

They do typically have Saturday games at this point so it would likely be Saturday teams.

I thought player safety was #1? Sounds like greed triumphs, not that we didn’t all know this

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. I just read it as a team playing Sunday then Wednesday. Zero chance that happens.
But yeah, don't care one bit about player safety. They care about $, nothing else.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I like this. These players make milllions and millions. Yet they b.itch about playing on whatever grass surface or on Thursdays or whatever day. They make lots of green, they will do whatever the league requires of them.

But yeah 2 games on xmas day is sweet. At least something on TV while wife and I help the kids figure out their toys.

xray

Reaction score
I don't care , even a little bit .

xray

Reaction score
Games on XMAS ! Jeezus deniers ! Hope you break a nail !

RiverDog

Reaction score
So much for player safety. Play on Sunday, have two days off and play again on Wednesday
Honest question: Is anyone aware of a study that suggests a relationship between the likelihood of an injury and the number of days off between games?

If there is, then I'll agree with those who object to this situation. If not, then make them play on a Wednesday with two days off.