NFL top 100: Richard Sherman at 50, 3rd highest corner

kearly

Reaction score
Remember that this list is voted on by the players. The fans are given the option to vote whether they think they feel the player should be higher or lower than his ranking. Most players score within 1000 votes one way or the other. So want to guess who is running away with the fan vote for most under-rated player? (you can see this by mousing over on the list).

That would be, you guessed it, Russell Wilson, with over a vote ratio of over +5000 votes. Percy Harvin is way up there too, with +3000 votes.

Granted, most of the players are graded at least slightly under-rated. Only a few are considered over-rated and those players tend to have smaller vote totals. There is one major exception though. At #81, not very high on the list mind you, Colin Kaepernick has -10,000 votes.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wherever aldon smith is on the list he should be at least one spot behind justin smith.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1muv5to6 said:
3 49ers coming next week.

somebody tell chris culliver to stay out of the locker room!

sorry. Bad joke.

ahem.

Throwdown

Reaction score
That was the best peice they've done on a player this whole countdown, just with the trash talk alone.

SHERM, YOU MY BOY, SHERM!!!

TJH

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is surprised. This is the result of all the trash talk. This is what happens when everyone but your own teammates hates you. The PED stuff probably didn't help either.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TJH":1p8efnek said:
Not sure why everyone is surprised. This is the result of all the trash talk. This is what happens when everyone but your own teammates hates you. The PED stuff probably didn't help either.
Who cares? The players are in a caccoon. All the better they let their ignorance guide them. Statistically Sherman is THE best CB in the league unless Revis comes back full strength and the difference is small either way.

All the while they're asked to do different things in different schemes!

More egregious is Wilson....or do you have a logical argument why he's 51 on this silly poll? Seriously. He's a top 5 quarterback proven even, yet on this poll 11 count them with me 11 quarterbacks in the league are better while erasing Keap and Ben from the conversation, really?

First we get Cam, what's next? Romo?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I can live with Eli being top 10. Won two superbowls and I remember him in 2005 against us. During our superbowl run. Not bad but not better than Wilson mind you, but in the zipcode. At least at the same point in his career.

kearly

Reaction score
After you watch the video, it's suddenly much easier to understand why so many players wouldn't vote for him. :)

TJH

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3opsrihp said:
TJH":3opsrihp said:
Who cares? The players are in a caccoon. All the better they let their ignorance guide them. Statistically Sherman is THE best CB in the league unless Revis comes back full strength and the difference is small either way.

More egregious is Wilson....or do you have a logical argument why he's 51 on this silly poll? Seriously. He's a top 5 quarterback proven even, yet on this poll 11 count them with me 11 quarterbacks in the league are better while erasing Keap and Ben from the conversation, really?

You care, apparently.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TJH":k6biyl0d said:
KCHawkGirl":k6biyl0d said:
TJH":k6biyl0d said:

You care, apparently.
Not really given I understand that the list is meaningless. I said a week or two ago that every Seahawk on the list will be consistently under ranked and so far it's exactly rolled out that way. Pro Football Weekly or Outsiders I forget which currently have a list out just like this which is much closer to reality of course it goes on actual production that happened in 2012 so it stands to reason it would be far more accurate.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3gotrg9w said:
Aldon Smith gave Sherman real respect. Gotta like that.

So did Darren Woodson said he was the best corner last year , as did Warren Sapp and Rhonde Barber..
Barber went on to say, all the off season stuff Sherman was doing was Genius... Said nobody on the west coast really knew of him until all the twitter stuff started happening... now he's a household name..

Rhonde Barber, future hall of fame, disagrees with this list, so do I

Marvin49

Reaction score
I was annoyed when Kaep was at 81...

...but even as a Niner fan I think 50 is a joke for Sherman. I can't stand the guy, but he is FAR better than the 50th best player in the league and the THIRD CB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawknballs":32y5g5t8 said:
wherever aldon smith is on the list he should be at least one spot behind justin smith.

Sigh.

Yup...Justin is the only reason Aldon is any good. No OLB ever had a guy as good as Justin Smith next to him. Clearly thats the case because the 33.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons is a record. ANYONE lining up to Justin Smith could do that. Right?

Everyone LOVES to say Aldon fell off at the end because Justin wasn't in there...but neglect to mention the fact that Aldon was PLAYING HURT.