NFL Top 100: Russell is Number 51

TwilightError

Reaction score
The Outfield":3pu74noo said:
But, at least Kaepernick wasn't above him.

This.

51 is well done and well recognized. The first half of the season is a factor too.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
TwilightError":21cz1ux9 said:
The Outfield":21cz1ux9 said:
But, at least Kaepernick wasn't above him.

This.

51 is well done and well recognized. The first half of the season is a factor too.

I'm betting this time next year he blows 51 out of the water. ;)

drdiags

Reaction score
51 isn't bad. The holding back on offense in the first half of the season helped him in the long run but hurt him in the short term. The Dallas and Patriots wins were pretty solid but the Cardinals, Packers and Panthers games were not.

Most NFL players probably didn't warm up to him until mid-season, because Luck and RGIII were the bigger stories, whether we fans like it or not. I thought he would be in the 30s or 40s but looks like that will be Sherman, who appears to be a lock to be announced in next week's 50-41. This also means Okung is most likely not going to make the list after I was thinking he would. Or shocker, Okung is ranked higher (or lower depending on how you determine what ranked in the larger numbers mean) than all his other teammates currently on the list.

I figured Okung would go this week but that wasn't the case. Also figured he would be around the same range as Williams from the Skins.

kearly

Reaction score
One thing I thought was interesting. They let the fans vote on whether they think the player is over-rated or under-rated relative to their ranking. Understandably, most players gain the "under-rated" distinction. Russell Wilson, at #51, was considered by fans to be under-rated. Colin Kaepernick, despite being thirty spots lower at #81, was one of just a few to be considered over-rated.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Beast mode will be the highest rated Seahawk. Book it. Next year, it will be Wilson. Book it.

A

Anonymous

Hawkstorian":1anhorgk said:
Considering his was the 75th pick in the draft, being at 51 by any measure is pretty damn good.

I agree.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They're saying there are 11 quarterbacks better than him which is silly but it is what it is. Should have been rated at least above Luck. Probably 10-20 spots higher.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No problem with him being #51. More motivation for him to unleash on the league. For a guy who wants to be the best, in his mind there are at least 50 guys out working him.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I reckon no one really took notice (nationally) of what he was doing till maybe the Chicago game. 51st is a good rank for a rookie in that situation.

He'll be higher next year, even if he has to do it all himself.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm satisfied with 51. It gives him another thing to work for next year and he was 30 positions higher than kreaperneck.

warden

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":no1wrp7v said:
Beast mode will be the highest rated Seahawk. Book it. Next year, it will be Wilson. Book it.

Sherman will be the highest rated

Jac

Reaction score
With nearly 1,700 roster spots in the NFL, a rookie QB earning the #51 spot (as voted by the players) is absolutely amazing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jac":3eesa350 said:
With nearly 1,700 roster spots in the NFL, a rookie QB earning the #51 spot (as voted by the players) is absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately, players are susceptible to the same media bias crap that we fans are. Watch where Luck ranks, who had a worse season than Wilson in every single way except total yardage.

Jac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35nw5o8f said:
Jac":35nw5o8f said:

Unfortunately, players are susceptible to the same media bias crap that we fans are. Watch where Luck ranks, who had a worse season than Wilson in every single way except total yardage.

I definitely agree with bias (particularly around the nauseating Luck hype)...but at the same time, effectively getting in the top half of a top-100 list reflects a tremendous amount of respect. Plus, his legacy is just getting started.

Aside, the shine will come off of Luck's #1 draft status this season (there's a whole new crop of rookies to obsess over)...and he won't get the same pass on his turnovers (particularly if Wilson continues to avoid them the way he does).

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2dyx6wpb said:

Yeah, I forgot about Lynch. Another brain fart on my part. Still wondering about Okung though.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3i5h9wpq said:
Jac":3i5h9wpq said:

I think they put way too much attention on yardage for quarterbacks that is. He had much better stats than Luck especially on interceptions and those seriously effect games. Totally agree with you.

509hawk

Reaction score
kearly":34y4gi3f said:
One thing I thought was interesting. They let the fans vote on whether they think the player is over-rated or under-rated relative to their ranking. Understandably, most players gain the "under-rated" distinction. Russell Wilson, at #51, was considered by fans to be under-rated. Colin Kaepernick, despite being thirty spots lower at #81, was one of just a few to be considered over-rated.

Well that's a tasty nugget.

drdiags

Reaction score
As far as Luck, the question was who would you pick to be on your 2013 team not who deserves to be rated higher among his peers. The requirements get blurred. To me it sounds like it is a feel thing. Obviously more players feel comfortable with a Luck style QB than fans here (though I wouldn't mind having him as a QB of my team). Or an RGIII for that matter.

The show serves its purpose. Generate discussion and viewership. This time around I have watched a few of these shows. 2 yrs ago, I watch none of them.

Sidenote. NFLN really should take Sapp off that reaction show. He is pretty embarrassing as a so called analyst. But he is part of their HOF cred crew so folks are stuck with him a little while longer.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wilson is rated 11th of QBs, meaning 10 are above him. So I'm thinking....

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees. I get these since they've been doing it over and over and they are proven. Maybe Eli Manning for the same reason. So who's rated higher as a QB ? I'm trying to think....Stafford has already been rated. I think the overall ranking is fine, but I can't find 10 QBs better than Wilson at this point.

I'm sure Wilson won't feel disrespected, but he's the kind of guy that will let this motivate him. Earl Thomas is pissed; he'll have a chip on his shoulder over this list.

Wondering how high Lynch, Okung and Sherman willl go. Any other Seahawks make the list ?

I'm thinking Chancellor makes the list. As hard as he hits, you bet your ass there's a ton of WRs and TEs out there that will rate him highly.