NFL TV Map

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why SD @ KC is airing in pretty much all of Montana. There are way more Seahawks fans here than those two teams combined. Probably has something to do with the other games that are on during the afternoon.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawknation2016":19uewt5s said:
Do that many people really care about SD/KC? Seems a bit screwy to me.

It's not like there are really better choices. And this way you get some sort of regional sense. Broncos fans are going to care more about other AFC West games than they will about other games. Probably the reason San Fran gets the Seahawks game.

Also, who knows where the Chargers will play next year so it makes sense to get them into lots of different markets to build a fan base! :stirthepot:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
in RE: to the KC/SC game map, 5 of those states have a combined 27 residents, (give or take) so, whos gonna complain?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3f3x8zum said:
With the game in Seattle, why is it on CBS? I thought the Sunday daytime NFC home games are on Fox?

They changed that last year. Now under certain circumstances the network that follows the visiting team can get the broadcast.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3d5tkw13 said:
GeekHawk":3d5tkw13 said:
With the game in Seattle, why is it on CBS? I thought the Sunday daytime NFC home games are on Fox?

They changed that last year. Now under certain circumstances the network that follows the visiting team can get the broadcast.

Actually, it's always been the visiting team decides the network. That is why it's on CBS because it's the Dolphins. This happens twice every year (unless the AFC team playing in Seattle is a prime time game).

They did change the rules so the networks can swap games around during the season. Each network is allowed to block certain games from moving, but that leaves a better choice for the other network to insure more competitive matchup choices. Of course, they are still decided regionally, so if you have a regional station manager who likes a certain team, or a certain team plays better in a certain market, you can rest assured it'll more than likely be that team. Of course that varies by each individual station.

The only stations which are forced to play certain games are stations within a specific regional area for each team. The rest are a hodge podge, this is why the NFL Map on the site linked in the OP is so popular

mrt144

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3c58mljx said:

Away team dictates network along AFC = CBS, NFC = Fox with a few exceptions based on overall network load for games.

mrt144

Reaction score
Also, I'm most pissed about the Fox early game not being the Vikings. I want to watch Bradford fail so bad.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":amt1214n said:
Also, I'm most pissed about the Fox early game not being the Vikings. I want to watch Bradford fail so bad.

Don't be too pissed, because Bradford isn't starting, Hill is starting this week.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
GeekHawk":o7b8t6u3 said:
Most of the time the visiting team is what rules; and this time it's an AFC team and so CBS gets it.

mrt144

Reaction score
kidhawk":3thmtjgd said:
mrt144":3thmtjgd said:

Don't be too pissed, because Bradford isn't starting, Hill is starting this week.

:lol: OH MY GOD

I get why but...

:lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kidhawk":3pylo82g said:
mrt144":3pylo82g said:

Even still who the F wants to watch the Packers vs the Jaguars. Why does it seem like there are 10 or so packer games on TV here in the portland area every damn year...I dont want to watch the Packers

I was so pissed when I saw they were showing the GB game over the Viking game. GB is going to curbstomp the jags it isnt even going to be close. At least Vikings@Titans could be an intriguing matchup. Figures last year they wanted to show every freaking Titan game here because Mariota was playing but now they dont give a shit

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So it looks like if I go to Chicago area I can catch the Hawks right?That blue is real close to my area..I may not need to move but 5 feet.

mrt144

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3n544u73 said:
So it looks like if I go to Chicago area I can catch the Hawks right?That blue is real close to my area..I may not need to move but 5 feet.

Play with the rabbit ears for 10 minutes.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No need it's either on in my area or it's not unless I get DTV

Latest posts