NFL Viewing Maps

lobohawk

Reaction score
Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

06-FOX-L.png

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah man if I had to live away from the Pacific Northwest there's no way I would not have Sunday Ticket. Even if I had to beg, borrow and steal.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3mn8kz6s said:
And this is why I have the Sunday Ticket.

Word. This is the 3rd game in a row that if I didn't have ST, I wouldn't see the game.

I just wish the NFL would quit giving the monopoly to DirecTv.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Maybe one day we can pay a per game fee. Not getting DirecTV after having cut the cord. Screw the cable companies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lobohawk":2nt8cekt said:
Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

06-FOX-L.png

To be fair it's the same sort of matchup as ours. 4-1 vs 3-1. And like it or not, Dallas and Green Bay draw huge ratings. I doubt Fox anticipated Atlanta having a hot start

fuego

Reaction score
lobohawk":2ehk16t9 said:
Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game.

I agree. The Cowboys are basically FOX's 'home team' and most of the time have the #1 announcing crew no matter how they're doing.

I'm in the Tampa area on vacation (I live in Atlanta) and like NC, instead of showing the Falcons who are in the same division as Tampa Bay, they have Dallas/Green Bay here. So I'm going to have to go to a sports bar to watch it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
lobohawk":3u3ea2se said:

06-FOX-L.png

Dallas? What about GB? GB has had 2 night games allready and outside of a few areas will be on TV AGAIN for most of the country. They will also be playing next week for TNF....so....3 of 6 games for sure EVERYONE got to see, and basically 4 for everyone that isnt next to Seattle or Atl. I live around Portland and I would say aside from the Seahawks the Packers are BY FAR on more than almost any other team almost every single year

Week 1 against the Jags in the PNW the Packers were on FOX EARLY
Week 2 they played Vikings in primetime
Week 3 they played lions which wasnt really showed outside midwest
Week 4 bye
Week 5 giants in primetime
Week 6 cowboys which isnt quite primetime but will be on for everyone outside seattle and atltanta area
Week 7 Thursday Night against the Bears

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
OkieHawk":qjvxt911 said:
Largent80":qjvxt911 said:
I just wish the NFL would quit giving the monopoly to DirecTv.

Agreed. One would think that it would be illegal...

Copyrights . . . . you'd be hard pressed to find a monopoly the government loves more.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":17ghpkbn said:
I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.

At the beginning of the year, sure. But aren't these decisions made weekly?

LolaRox

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1w2eiz9s said:
lobohawk":1w2eiz9s said:

Dallas? What about GB? GB has had 2 night games allready and outside of a few areas will be on TV AGAIN for most of the country. They will also be playing next week for TNF....so....3 of 6 games for sure EVERYONE got to see, and basically 4 for everyone that isnt next to Seattle or Atl. I live around Portland and I would say aside from the Seahawks the Packers are BY FAR on more than almost any other team almost every single year

Week 1 against the Jags in the PNW the Packers were on FOX EARLY
Week 2 they played Vikings in primetime
Week 3 they played lions which wasnt really showed outside midwest
Week 4 bye
Week 5 giants in primetime
Week 6 cowboys which isnt quite primetime but will be on for everyone outside seattle and atltanta area
Week 7 Thursday Night against the Bears

And they just flexed the GB v ATL (week 8 ) to the 4:25 Sunday slot on FOX and moved CAR/AZ to 1:00. People will get more than their fill of GB :pukeface:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
LolaRox":jzsitk49 said:
And they just flexed the GB v ATL (week 8 ) to the 4:25 Sunday slot on FOX and moved CAR/AZ to 1:00. People will get more than their fill of GB :pukeface:

So if I was a GB fan in the portland area the only games I would miss this season up to that point would of been the Cowboy and Lions games....out of 7 games....

I could see them being on week 9 too if Indy rebounds....Luck vs Rodgers ratings. If CBS has the late game around here the only other game it would compete with is Chargers/Titans...That might be a tough one to replace in the portland area because west coast team and Mariota

Week 11 they are primetime Sunday against Redskins.
Week 12 they are primetime Monday against Eagles
Week 14 they play Seattle
Week 16 they play Vikings which im sure will be on since its probably going to be for the Division or a very meaningful game

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
HawkGA":q8tqgw7s said:
Hawk-Lock":q8tqgw7s said:

But even if they are made on a week to week basis, the Boys vs Pack is a great matchup. Both teams only have one loss. Tie breaker goes to them because they are more popular teams nationally.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ndrh7e9 said:
HawkGA":3ndrh7e9 said:
Hawk-Lock":3ndrh7e9 said:

But even if they are made on a week to week basis, the Boys vs Pack is a great matchup. Both teams only have one loss. Tie breaker goes to them because they are more popular teams nationally.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is a bad matchup. I do, however, think the NFL would benefit from the maps being a bit more evenly split. They have two good games at the same time and are practically burying one of them.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aren't there limits to national SNF Games? We're on there 4 times already right? Plus we've got a Monday nighter in there too. There is a limit, but I dunno what it is. Someone here knows. I think it would have been a no-brainer flex for sure. Hawks/Atlanta=Biggest, coolest game of the week... IMHO.... (homer opinion) lol But I think the reason we weren't even considered for a flex is that we are at our limit for national prime-time games. I'm, uh, good with that... heh heh And it's mega-cool that they compacted them in our last 11 games. Awesome. You guys do realize we play the Cards in AZ after the Falcons, right? Another HUGE game.... WHOOHOOO!!!! GOD I love football season!!! :179417:

Latest posts