NFL will ban dunking over goal post

253hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1aa9pc14 said:
Now in regards to the NFL - I fail to see how this truly changes the fun of the game. Kind of annoying if a game gets delayed by the delay.

You'd think the NFL would love it...more time to run even more commercials.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm glad the league has their priorities straight. :roll: How about making PI and offensive holding calls more cut and dried for starters?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2np23eod said:
I'm glad the league has their priorities straight. :roll: How about making PI and offensive holding calls more cut and dried for starters?
You remind me of gamers asking why a developer doesn't just allocate more people to a particular part of a game's development. :)

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35p9d6jw said:
It's funny how it's gotten to this point
That was a great laugh , thanxx

King Dog

Reaction score
What happens if you go up for the dunk and get rejected ala Vernon Davis?[youtube]9B3Rtw4X9K8[/youtube]

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2yd95fca said:
Graham bent the goal post TWICE including delaying a TNF game

So yeah that is why

Now in regards to the NFL - I fail to see how this truly changes the fun of the game. Kind of annoying if a game gets delayed by the delay.

Dunking is a part of the NBA and part of the game - this is different

I'm fine with flagging someone if they knock the post off-kilter like Graham did. (I'm actually fine with flagging Graham just on general principle, but that's neither here nor there.) Flags and maybe fines if they keep knocking it off-kilter. But most of the time it's just a silly dunk that's over in two seconds and doesn't hurt anything.

This does mean Smith's goal post dunk in the Super Bowl, while hardly a thing of beauty, was the last legal dunk we are likely to see.

Greenhell

Reaction score
You wanna dunk? Go play basketball. Much ado about nothing.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
DavidSeven":35gs2wlg said:
By that logic, the NBA should have banned thunderous dunks the first time Shaq broke a backboard.

That isn't a valid comparison. Dunking a ball has in-game value, as it is the highest percentage shot for a guy like Shaq. Dunking over the goalposts doesn't increase one's chances of winning at all.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
So you can't dunk, but... can you spike hard and with an angle as to cause the ball to bounce over the goal post? :p