Nice Win, But...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You know it had to be said!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I was crabby in that second half for sure. I was pissed that we let that lame team back in the game all the way to the end. Funny how the final score turned out to be the average score many would have predicted. We just thought that at 20-3 it's another laugher and we can walk away with it.

Whoops. In case you haven't heard by now, the Seahawks are allergic to blowing out lesser opponents other than the one game or so a year. What could, should have been a 34-3 affair, was switched to a 5 point game with just over a minute left with WFT driving for the potential game-winning TD.

Oy vay.

Now, having gotten that out of the way, let's rejoice:

1) They beat an NFC team on the road at 10am. Now 10-1 record on the East Coast in 10am games over the past two years.

2) Despite the letdown in the second half, most watching never really doubted who was in control.

3) The ridiculous Jets upset over the Rams has us in position to win the division out right next Sunday with a win over the Rams. The last game against the 9ers we could rest up players.

4) We have made the playoffs for the past 9 years straight. WOW. Original 12's, just read that statement over again.

5) Thank you Baby Jesus for Jamal Adams. It's like having a sliver of the LOB on gameday again.

6) Overall, the Seahawks did what they had to do to keep this game never (really) in doubt. Despite making it a bit more of a nail biter in the end than it ever needed to be, I thought the game plan was solid. We didn't need Hero Ball Russ, 300+ yards, 4 TDs...

7) Another week that .NET isn't overrun by the Legion of Gloom.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Jamal has been great, his pressers are as good as his infield performance. We need that enthusiasm. Crossing the field like a missile or his sack was a WTF moment. Assuming we re-sign him, it was a great trade for both teams.

I've said since the early season that going into the 4th 17 its or less is going to be nail biting. The D has obviously improved massively but they still go into bend don't break mode. We forced the QB into some mistakes but also nearly lost a game we led by 17 and the end of the 3rd. Dunlap proves his worth again but we can't always count on an injured starter coming back into a game and getting smoked.

I thought Wilson played a good game but almost succumbed to doing-too-much-ness with his pick. Had an open receiver, but a giant DL was square in the passing lane. Preserving the lead was more important, IMO, than trying to eke out a positive play. Need the O to step up when the D is flagging. I'd like to see even more 50-50 balls to DK. It'll b interesting with Gordon back how much the O changes. I know he's not going to come out and be the best WR on the field but he really came up clutch for us 3-4 times last season.

Big hats off to the OL. Only time I heard Chase Young's name was when they talked about him losing contain on Russ's long run. Carson had nice lanesNot sure what Dallas' injury was but after getting Penny back, we should've assumed the FB gods would never let us have surplus healthy RBs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yes, Thank You Lord!

Just another Seahawks tight game against Ron Rivera. He inspires his team to play hard, as does Alex Smith.

4 each, early 1st Round Defensive Linemen is no joke! With IIRC, a 1st and 2nd Round pick as backups!

How many sacks? 5? 6? No....ZERO!

A lot of people picked the WFT to win!

Watching Drew Brees and Patrick Mahomes getting beat up, I'm thankful for Pete, Schotty, and our Offensive Line.

A tough game, the fact that it wasn't a blowout by Seattle is probably no surprise to anyone outside of football.

What do Trevor Lawrence and I have in common? We both love what the Jets did today!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Clinched a playoff spot and they are still in it for #1 or #2 seed. But the prevent offense mode they went into after Hyde’s 50 yard td run needs to go. The way they played most of the 2nd half reminded me a lot like the Giants game.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Not to nitpick but we have NOT made the playoffs 9 years straight. We have had a winning record 9 years straight though.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2uujehfy said:
Not to nitpick but we have NOT made the playoffs 9 years straight. We have had a winning record 9 years straight though.

Ack. My bad. 8 of the past 9?

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":3rwsu2sl said:
JayhawkMike":3rwsu2sl said:

Yes. Missed 2 years ago IIRC at a 9-7 record.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":l297925i said:
Aros":l297925i said:
JayhawkMike":l297925i said:

yeah but wasn't that because of a missed field goal?

LTH

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Point is, we are pretty darn good in recent years. :p

evergreen

Reaction score
LTH":umd2orrp said:
sutz":umd2orrp said:
Aros":umd2orrp said:
JayhawkMike":umd2orrp said:

yeah but wasn't that because of a missed field goal?

LTH
We could've been 12-4 without all the missed field goals that year. Either Hausch's last year or Walsh. That was the fat overpriced LOB end year.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":3ffnpmmd said:
JayhawkMike":3ffnpmmd said:

9 out of 11 if you really want to enjoy.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":57czqwhj said:

Those here since 76, really don't care about style points, we are enjoying what other people take for granted.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I mostly agree with all your points but they were 1 drive away from stealing the game, there was no indication that they couldn't do it no matter how hard that is to believe as a Seahawks fan.

They had just scored 2 touchdowns on their last 2 drives leading up to their final drive...

We responded by punting and throwing an interception when they made the game close (that's exactly what happened factually).

Their final drive after scoring 2 touchdowns in their last 2 drives they brought the ball all the way from their own 14 to our 23 and they made it look pretty easy while burning the clock so if they did score we were in some deep trouble...

They were literally 1 or 2 plays away from winning this game, so while I do agree with what you're saying in general... I think this game was very close and we could of lost very easily.

I think we just all knew Seahawks can't lose this because we know how good they are... but on paper we were about to lose... we almost gave them a free win how bad we played late.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
One only has to look at the Jets-Rams outcome to see that Any Given Sunday.

Wins are wins and they are rarely easy in the NFL. Last week was the anomaly. I'm not sure why people fail to accept these things when year after year the Hawks prove they are one of the best run teams in the NFL. Maybe not the best but at least top 4.

We are in the playoffs every year almost. We win at least a playoff game every year. Yes the dream is the Super Bowl but there are 32 other teams that have that same dream every year and we always finish within 2 games of achieving that goal.

Children born the last year the Browns made the playoffs can now vote.

We are still in the Golden Era even if the Hawls always seem to be a hair breadth from disaster every week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokadub":171mgds7 said:
They were literally 1 or 2 plays away from winning this game, so while I do agree with what you're saying in general... I think this game was very close and we could of lost very easily.

See, here's the problem I have with that. You could argue that logic about nearly ANY game EVER played in the NFL. Other than the obvious blowouts, any game in the NFL can come down to 2 or 3 plays either way. I wonder, if you were to go back and look at every single game of each of the 6 seasons the Patriots won the Super Bowl, you could say "Well, the Patriots got lucky because if this or that happened, they might have lost."

It's weak sauce. Not saying that to you directly, just the general notion that somehow it matters how we won. It really doesn't matter why or how we won. Just that we won. There's no style points in this league. The how and why you win or lose is just for fans and analysts to noodle over. In the end, all that matters are W's and L's.

Of course we could have lost very easily. Of course we could have won very easily. So what? WE WON.

It's all that matters and because of that fact, we are 10-4 and currently 1 game away from winning our division.

W

Welshers

Aros":40r57isk said:
Tokadub":40r57isk said:

See, here's the problem I have with that. You could argue that logic about nearly ANY game EVER played in the NFL. Other than the obvious blowouts, any game in the NFL can come down to 2 or 3 plays either way. I wonder, if you were to go back and look at every single game of each of the 6 seasons the Patriots won the Super Bowl, you could say "Well, the Patriots got lucky because if this or that happened, they might have lost."

It's weak sauce. Not saying that to you directly, just the general notion that somehow it matters how we won. It really doesn't matter why or how we won. Just that we won. There's no style points in this league. The how and why you win or lose is just for fans and analysts to noodle over. In the end, all that matters are W's and L's.

Of course we could have lost very easily. Of course we could have won very easily. So what? WE WON.

It's all that matters and because of that fact, we are 10-4 and currently 1 game away from winning our division.
Aros, you are killing it as always. Some of the Legion of Gloom is of course here even after wins. But I'm glad we have positive people like you to be realistic about things. You're so right about the Patriots analogy. There were so many plays that could have gone against them in many of their SB runs (tuck rule, Chiefs offsides, Seahawks at 1, Atlanta taking a sack and getting a holding call at the end of 28-3 game). You could say they could have lost and got lucky in all those games, but they didn't lose they won. We won. Thanks for your post

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welshers":1oba5n59 said:
Aros, you are killing it as always. Some of the Legion of Gloom is of course here even after wins. But I'm glad we have positive people like you to be realistic about things. You're so right about the Patriots analogy. There were so many plays that could have gone against them in many of their SB runs (tuck rule, Chiefs offsides, Seahawks at 1, Atlanta taking a sack and getting a holding call at the end of 28-3 game). You could say they could have lost and got lucky in all those games, but they didn't lose they won. We won. Thanks for your post

Thanks man, I think it needs to be underscored that this could apply to the 85 Bears, the 00 Ravens, the 2013 Seahawks, on and on and on...Seriously, I challenge anyone to go back and look at every single game of those team's seasons and tell me they couldn't have lost games they won. It's a ridiculous notion and it honestly makes me cringe every time someone brings up "well if this or that happened we could have lost." Ugh. THAT COULD APPLY TO ALMOST EVERY GAME IN NFL HISTORY!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":3gcim7uj said:
Tokadub":3gcim7uj said:

The Tuck Rule made Tom Brady and the Patriots.

That, and being in the EASIEST division in the NFL.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":1hi59z85 said:
Point is, we are pretty darn good in recent years. :p

Yes, and I remember so many pre-Pete Carroll years that the main thing we had to look forward to each year was an early draft pick. So thankful for Pete. I do wonder sometimes what comes after Pete?

Also thankful for Jodi and that the Allen family still has this team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nice win, BUT.

I have been a fan in the days of the famous Seahawks style 4th quarter fades and was having Déjà Vu. Then the consecutive sacks and it was over. Albeit somewhat disquieted I still pumped my fist for the W, and laughed when I heard of the Jets success. :2thumbs:

All the that is important is the W. The style points don’t make the scorecard, except in fantasy football. The Division is in our team’s potential control and the W today put pressure on the Rams to win out to be able to take it back.

Let us not forget that WFT has a very good DLine and is a lot better team than their record admits. They were a team on a bit of a winning roll as well, and we played an early east coast away game which has not truly been an easy task to come away with a W At last until Pete arrived. Now it is seemingly expected. Which is another thing many fail to appreciate.

The team can’t rest, there is serious business to be completed when they play the Rams in our house. They proved they are vulnerable turning the Division back over to our team.

The BUTS are are unneeded negativity, the team knows they had to rise up defensively to get the W. Truly the game was closer than I expected BUT it was still a W which secured a playoff spot for the team. I preferred Jamal Adams’ response to the negative views of those who want opponents butts kicked every gamewhile focusing on negativity.

Lots to be happy about!?

GO HAWKS!!!