Niners raising money to put Billboard half mile from CLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Would rather 49er fans take the money they raised and donate it to a children's charity. Sorry but I think it's better spent, rather than waste it on bricks, planes pulling banners or billboards.

Zorn76

Reaction score
DavidSeven":303v2akd said:
This is getting a little dumb from both sides. I can't really blame them when Seattle fans are the ones who have already spent actual money on stadium bricks and flying pre-game banners in SF.

I agree.

I didn't care for the brick or banner maneuver, because that action alone demonstrates a form of jealousy. SF would've looked better by not doing anything, but instead choose to duplicate the lameness of it all.

253hawk

Reaction score
The banner was in direct support of the team and nothing more. Plus it raised over 200% of its goal, so more actually went to charity ($1555) than was spent on the actual plane banner ($1300.) Not sure what the brick was but it ended up raising around $1300; Bryan Stow's fund got almost $800 of that. Again, well over half to charity.

The billboard? $7000 of smug antagonism and $780 going to SCH.

Misguided maybe, but don't tell people how to spend their money.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zorn76":tczg9m2e said:
DavidSeven":tczg9m2e said:
This is getting a little dumb from both sides. I can't really blame them when Seattle fans are the ones who have already spent actual money on stadium bricks and flying pre-game banners in SF.

I agree.

I didn't care for the brick or banner maneuver, because that action alone demonstrates a form of jealousy. SF would've looked better by not doing anything, but instead choose to duplicate the lameness of it all.

Jealousy??? Wtf. Jealous of what?
My wife and I sent some money for the banner. We did it to show support for the SEAHAWKS. Mainly because we couldn't be at the game in person to do it. To heck with the 49ers and their fans, they had nothing to do with our reasons. And I'm sure as hell not jealous of anything about that organization, and that includes their superbowls. Those titles mean nothing to me.
The brick I do see differently and I did not contribute to it, but I don't have a problem with those that did.
If you haven't noticed, the players talk about the support of the 12th man on regular basis. And they specifically mention it after the away games. They feed off of it. And IMHO our support helps them win. I loved the banner idea and if the opportunity arises again, I will contribute.
GoHawks

muxpux

Reaction score
whats great about it, is its vaguely pro niners. i mean, theres the pants stripe but thats it. is that intentional (licensing and what not) couldnt have had a niner logo at all? it looks cheesy like something my 12 yr. old nephew would design in 5 minutes on MS paint. but whatever. Classic niners.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
I agree that the billboard idea is pretty sad, but...I think I am gonna go out and invest some money in the paintball business...I see a big surge in sales coming up....lmao.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I agree with some other posts. I like it that some cash goes to charity with some of these things. Flags, bricks, billboards, All I care about is wins baby.

jblaze

Reaction score
Pretty innocuous imo. They're just trying to come back after our brick/banner thing. I wish they were more creative though, lame.

On a side note, there's nothing more I want to see than the niners in the divisional round at home. I want us to be responsible for sending them home.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":38zk8dfz said:
Would rather 49er fans take the money they raised and donate it to a children's charity. Sorry but I think it's better spent, rather than waste it on bricks, planes pulling banners or billboards.
I'd rather see you not own a car and having spent that money on a children's charity.

Also, why are you living in anything larger than a 650-square foot apartment? Stop wasting your money when you could be helping people.

While you're at it, only buy top ramen and macaroni & cheese for the rest of your life. You don't need to buy meat or anything better than cheap noodles to survive on.

Weadoption

Reaction score
this billboard douchebaggery coupled with the press instuctions on how to cheer for our team is just plain embarrassing, no other way to put it.

could be worse I guess, like as in, if I were a Cowboys fan.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i32wvyz said:
lvnginhwktwn":2i32wvyz said:
I'd rather see you not own a car and having spent that money on a children's charity.

Also, why are you living in anything larger than a 650-square foot apartment? Stop wasting your money when you could be helping people.

While you're at it, only buy top ramen and macaroni & cheese for the rest of your life. You don't need to buy meat or anything better than cheap noodles to survive on.

Are you really going to compare this shit the stupid brick buying, banner flying, billboard renting bullshit?

All I said was "i would rather", just my opinion. Not telling anyone what to do with their money. If you need to start something, find someone else.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hahahaha.....when we were in SF for the game in 2009 Singletary was coach and had his ugly mug pasted all over billboards. We had previously made a BUNCH of stickers that said Seahawks Rock!!!! And late on Saturday night our motley group was wandering around hitting dive bars for fun.

Myster Matt sees a billboard. Climbs the surrounding fence, climbs up the billboard and proceeds to paste those all over Singletarys face....OMG, it was hilarious. I actually slapped one on a guys back that had a San Francisco jacket.

Pic to prove this stuff is nothing new.

UQEA6nr

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it. The 49ers earned those Lombardi trophies, so they have the right to brag about them. When the Seahawks win the trophy, they can brag as well - though we may not have our 5th trophy until 2019.

Besides, I like anything that stokes the rivalry, as long as it's harmless.

Dtowers

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3u3053dn said:
lvnginhwktwn":3u3053dn said:

What an idiotic post. Illogical extremes, meet RolandDoritos. RolandDoritos, meet illogical extreme.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawker84":3snjigh9 said:
Oooooh, Janet jackson and Paula Abdul back in the day, yessir.....

Ya...Uh HUH..... :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
253hawk":685q2xgl said:
The banner was in direct support of the team and nothing more. Plus it raised over 200% of its goal, so more actually went to charity ($1555) than was spent on the actual plane banner ($1300.) Not sure what the brick was but it ended up raising around $1300; Bryan Stow's fund got almost $800 of that. Again, well over half to charity.

The billboard? $7000 of smug antagonism and $780 going to SCH.

Misguided maybe, but don't tell people how to spend their money.

You get Kudos.

livinginhawktown dude, is just taking the highest road.

Most fans will and are going to support the team, when you give 20 dollars to do just that, but 10 dollars of that goes to charity... that means something.

Sure maybe it wasn't the full 20 dollars but at the end of the day its still 10 dollars more than that charity had in the first place. And I sure as hell bet the appreciate it regardless how it came to a means.

What Seahawks fans are doing is in support of the teaw compared to what San Francisco fans are doing to "one up" the rivalry is just classless and smug. It doesn't really show any support for their team only that they've spent thousand and thousands to continue to rub their team's past accomplishments in Seahawks fans faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts