Niners vs Cowboys

Happy

Reaction score
Dallas is a dumpster fire this year. Good grief, this is gonna get ugly as the season progresses.

Glorious.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Not sure i buy SF taking their foot off the gas. No points in the second half? Should have been easy to put away. Kaep took some shots, why wasn't gabbert in if the game was over?

Run defense looks pretty bad.

9ers really need Boone full time. O line wasn't exactly steadfast vs a less than scary Dallas pass rush.

Hyde is going to be a really nice compliment to gore though..

4freakin9

Reaction score
Laloosh":1pktpphx said:
Not sure i buy SF taking their foot off the gas. No points in the second half? Should have been easy to put away. Kaep took some shots, why wasn't gabbert in if the game was over?

9ers really need Boone full time. O line wasn't exactly steadfast vs a less than scary Dallas pass rush.

The drive they missed the field goal they didnt even try and throw the ball. All runs. Pretty much the definition of taking your foot off the gas. It was pretty clear after that third pick that this game was way more out of hand than the score may have indicated.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am convinced Harbaugh has made a deal with the devil. :evil:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys were so spectacularly shitty today.. it was hard to gauge this Niner team.

Their defense looks very vulnerable though. Especially if Brock and Culliver miss multiple weeks.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Maybe it's selective memory but I can't think of any Russell Wilson interceptions that were as bad as any of the three that Romo threw today. Terrible decisions and terrible passes into double and triple teams.

minormillikin

Reaction score
TXHawk":1ht2t665 said:
Maybe it's selective memory but I can't think of any Russell Wilson interceptions that were as bad as any of the three that Romo threw today. Terrible decisions and terrible passes into double and triple teams.

I had this thought while watching the game, as well. When Romo made an absolutely terrible forced throw into coverage into the endzone that was picked, I thought how Russell Wilson would never have made that throw. Worst case scenario, he would have thrown it away and would have gotten at least 3 points out of the situation.

I think Romo is a main reason why Dallas has been so mediocre for so long now. Normally that makes me glad. But, on the rare occasion where I want the Cowboys to defeat a foe, it's annoying how bad they often are.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
Where is all the Cowboys money tied up? The only star they have is Bryant and he is on the rookie scale.

Jerry Jones is the worst GM in football

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It was a lot closer in score than I though it would be.
I figured SC would put a 40+ burger on the worlds worst defense.

When you consider that SC's defense scored 7 of those points and they were gifted some real short fields to work with, if I were a whiners fan, I'd be worried about he offense, and run defense. .....but I'm sure the usual suspects on the whiner troll defense team will try to polish this turd into a diamond! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkstrap":2tpccyyx said:
Where is all the Cowboys money tied up? The only star they have is Bryant and he is on the rookie scale.

Jerry Jones is the worst GM in football
It's tied up in their choker of a QB!

Laloosh

Reaction score
4freakin9":3bnb6c5b said:
Laloosh":3bnb6c5b said:

The drive they missed the field goal they didnt even try and throw the ball. All runs. Pretty much the definition of taking your foot off the gas. It was pretty clear after that third pick that this game was way more out of hand than the score may have indicated.

You mean in the series right before the one that ended the game? Of course.

Third quarter, 9 passes and 5 rushes, 2 punts. First series in the fourth was 3 passes, 1 scramble and 3 runs, punt. Next series, 6 rushes ending in missed FG.

Think they took their foot off the gas by passing more than rushing until their final two series?

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
Laloosh":3q84su1h said:
4freakin9":3q84su1h said:
Laloosh":3q84su1h said:

You mean in the series right before the one that ended the game? Of course.

Third quarter, 9 passes and 5 rushes, 2 punts. First series in the fourth was 3 passes, 1 scramble and 3 runs, punt. Next series, 6 rushes ending in missed FG.

Think they took their foot off the gas by passing more than rushing until their final two series?

In the 3rd quarter, Vernon Davis had a drop that killed one drive, and the refs killed another one with questionable penalties. And the Cowboys chewed up 7 minutes on one drive that was aided by two horrendous illegal contact calls on 3rd & 21 and 3 & 7.

The 4th quarter also saw a drive killed by an awful call (the offensive pass interference that negated a huge gain by Davis). Then we had the drive where we ate a lot of clock, then missed a field goal.

We have a lot of things to fix on both sides of the ball, but I thought the offense played pretty well. I'm just glad we get the Hawks late in the season because they looked like a machine against Green Bay.

SF49r

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6xcws1go said:
It was a lot closer in score than I though it would be.
I figured SC would put a 40+ burger on the worlds worst defense.

When you consider that SC's defense scored 7 of those points and they were gifted some real short fields to work with, if I were a whiners fan, I'd be worried about he offense, and run defense. .....but I'm sure the usual suspects on the whiner troll defense team will try to polish this turd into a diamond! 8)
Not really worried about the offense at all honestly and to be fair we really got screwed by penalties in the 2nd half which even hawks fans on this forum can agree with. This game really should have been a 40 burger. Now the run-defense yes that is going to be an issue.

Largent80

Reaction score
I was disappointed in Chokemo's non throwing of a pick six.

I wanted him to flame out spectacularly.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ixwjdse said:
Hyde has nice burst and runs north-south. Looks good.

I'm not that impressed with SF overall. It feels like they should be up by about forty right now. They took their foot off the gas this half.

You can tell when Jerry Jones text messaged Harbaugh about coaching for them next year.

/discount double slammed.

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
Largent80":1p2d6xi7 said:
I was disappointed in Chokemo's non throwing of a pick six.

I wanted him to flame out spectacularly.

Does an INT run back to the 1-yard line suffice?

:D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1x9x0omq said:
How sad for Cowboys fans, not only are they getting whipped but there looks to be as many red jerseys in the stands as blue.
I bet that drives Jerruh nuts. I noticed that the little that I watched. My God Romo is just terrible. I could be wrong, but it looked like on one of the picks that he literally threw it straight at the Niners.
Jerruh really jacked up that team. This is the third year in a row that I have had Davis and Quan on my fantasy team and the second year straight that those two racked it up in week one.

Thank you for favoring Quan/Davis this week K-Choke. Against a defense like that Q just owns the catch. He looks like he could play for at least another year after this one.

Latest posts