Niners vs Cowboys

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Carroll pulled Wilson and many of our offensive starters a FEW MINUTES into the second half of that game, by the way. When's the last time you saw that in an NFL game?

TXHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks could have put up 80 points in that Cardinals game if they had wanted. And they could easily have scored 50 on the Broncos in the Super Bowl if they hadn't called off the dogs early in the fourth quarter. The only team to score 20 points against the Hawks defense in the second half of the season and playoffs last year were the lowly Vikings because Carroll was playing his defensive reserves by the fourth quarter.

You don't want to see what would happen if Carroll really wanted to run up a score.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2n71jlh5 said:
Forgot that I was going to mention something from the rushing stats on Dallas's side in that game yesterday. Dallas was averaging nearly 6.5 YPC on first down that entire game and chose to run it on 2nd down only six times (averaged 4.33 on 2nd down).

They were 2/2 running and converting on 3rd and 4th down.

What the hell were they thinking?!

Link to all rushing plays here.

That's typical for the Cowboys. They blew the game against the Packers last year because they stopped running the ball in the second half after gashing them with the run in the first half. Apparently their OC gets the hives if they go too long without throwing the ball or has a quota to meet. Either that or Romo keeps changing the play.

If I had to grade the 49ers performance it would be incomplete. They were gifted 14 points by the Cowboys offense in the first half and were outscored 14-0 in the second half. They won the game but it's hard to tell how good they are based on it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You know what? If Pete's going to have an unwarranted opinion by many that he runs up the score, he might as well enjoy the fruits of the opinion. I'd love to see him hang as many points on everybody as possible like Belichick does. Screw it.

I hope he decides to try and let Wilson go off and work on the record books. (It's not going to happen, but I'd sure love to see it.)

Latest posts