Niners with jimmy

original poster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":30fnssrk said:
RolandDeschain":30fnssrk said:
5_Golden_Rings":30fnssrk said:
Jed York was too busy planning and orchestrating the theft of 49er fans electricity through a bitcoin mining java script added to the official 49ers forums which caused everyone's CPU% to skyrocket the last couple weeks.
I'd laugh my ass off if the official 49ers forum was caught doing that.
No one knows who is behind it but it is absolutely true. One member actually combed through the page script and found it. The two leading hypotheses are that the websight hoster is doing it or the 49ers PR/Internet staff are doing it.

But it is DEFINITELY happening. The Pirate Bay took heat for doing the same thing by the way, so it is not unheard of.

Could you break it down a little for someone that has absolutely no idea what you're talking about, please?

I'm intrigued.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
original poster":1165kppl said:
5_Golden_Rings":1165kppl said:
RolandDeschain":1165kppl said:
5_Golden_Rings":1165kppl said:
Jed York was too busy planning and orchestrating the theft of 49er fans electricity through a bitcoin mining java script added to the official 49ers forums which caused everyone's CPU% to skyrocket the last couple weeks.
I'd laugh my ass off if the official 49ers forum was caught doing that.
No one knows who is behind it but it is absolutely true. One member actually combed through the page script and found it. The two leading hypotheses are that the websight hoster is doing it or the 49ers PR/Internet staff are doing it.

But it is DEFINITELY happening. The Pirate Bay took heat for doing the same thing by the way, so it is not unheard of.

Could you break it down a little for someone that has absolutely no idea what you're talking about, please?

I'm intrigued.

Note: I am not an expert on this, so take it with a grain of salt and research it yourself.

With real currency, banks and governments determine how much is in circulation. Bitcoin has no such group. Instead, the creator(s) set it up so that there will only ever be 21 million of them, and to get them into circulation, huge math problems must be solved by computers. When one is solved, a sum of bitcoins is earned (I think it is 25; can't remember). These are not problems that can be solved without computer algorithms, and it takes a long time. These are very energy intensive calculations, and if I understand it correctly, some websites are using user CPUs to help with the puzzles, thereby saving their own power at the cost of the users.

Based on what some members of the official 49ers forums have found, forums.49ers.com is one such site doing that. Apparently The Pitate Bay was doing it too.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
original poster":2mocuojm said:
Blimey.

Thanks for the insight, appreciate it.
Oh yah I forgot to add.

You CAN block it, with add blocking tools or antivirus/malware stuff, if I recall.