No face masked called.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Illegal contact NOT defensive PI.

Etc. etc.

Can we discuss this as adults?

Obviously there were bad calls/no calls that went both ways but did these refs suck or what?

BChawkfan

Reaction score
pmedic920":kg62fner said:
Illegal contact NOT defensive PI.

Etc. etc.

Can we discuss this as adults?

Obviously there were bad calls/no calls that went both ways but did these refs suck or what?

My exact same thoughts. It was like they were afraid to throw a flag and make a correct call.

BigMeach

Reaction score
What was really surpising to me was what they were letting Evans get away with but then calling on the defender guarding him... It didn't make sense.

cymatica

Reaction score
Let's not forget the blatent pick play on Tampas 3rd down

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BigMeach":3uzjt1wk said:
What was really surpising to me was what they were letting Evans get away with but then calling on the defender guarding him... It didn't make sense.
Evans got away with murder OPI-wise today, and then was gesturing for a flag whenever there wasn’t one. Great receiver but he’s got a severe case of “on the field Dez Bryant disease”.

nanomoz

Reaction score
cymatica":yfboyf0o said:
Let's not forget the blatent pick play on Tampas 3rd down

I often wonder if that's even a penalty anymore. The Saints and Pats do it five times a game and it's never called. One of New Orleans TDs against Seattle was a blatant pick.

I don't get it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Pick play was egregious, but for some reason (if they started calling it consistently the Pats would disappear) the league ignores it completely. The DPI on Flowers that was at best a borderline OPI, was bad. The illegal contact was a good call except for the fact that the same guy tackled the receiver before the ball got there. Should've have bee illegal contact and DPI, Offenses choice of which penalty to accept.

Chawker

Reaction score
DK's catch late in the game, down the left sideline, the guy facemasked DK so hard it pulled his binky out of his mouth.l was waiting for the call ??? NOTHING!

That one got me a little hot. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chawker":uzft7qfx said:
DK's catch late in the game, down the left sideline, the guy facemasked DK so hard it pulled his binky out of his mouth.l was waiting for the call ??? NOTHING!

That’s the one I mentioned in the title.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If he had dropped it and Pete had to challenge do you think it would have been overturned? I mean that was obviously massive interference and the NFL would have to call that one...right?....

D

DomeHawk

Wenhawk":1xgkp3cd said:
If he had dropped it and Pete had to challenge do you think it would have been overturned? I mean that was obviously massive interference and the NFL would have to call that one...right?....

If the queen had balls she'd be the king.

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":2iolca6n said:
Wenhawk":2iolca6n said:

If the queen had balls she'd be the king.

But seriously, if the call had been made the ball would still have been placed at the same exact spot IF we accepted it which we wouldn't have. So....

chris98251

Reaction score
They got away with one just like we did when Woods hit Winston on the Crown of his Helmet, they have been calling that all year for a lot less contact.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The PI call on Flowers was absolute trash . No face mask was almost as bad. They will not let Flowers play defense without these trash calls and that is a problem because he's not doing anything different than the Corners for every other playoff caliber team in the NFL . He's gotten these ticky tack calls in almost every game he's played this year it's BS.

cymatica

Reaction score
gargantual":3exwvrfw said:
If the league is ignoring them we should adjust and start doing pick plays too.

We have in years past, gets called. Kearse would get called for it all the time, even if the receiver ran into him when standing his ground.

We should just run them all the time, then when we get flagged, Pete needs to make a big deal in the press conference and send in tape of the no calls that every other team gets away with.

He seems to take the high road and try to adjust coaching for the rules, but officiating is so lousy it only hurts the team.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Chawker":1g1i27p9 said:

In super slo-mo it was easy to see. At regular speed it lasted a millisecond and nobody saw it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Clearly a facemask, I should be shocked that they chose to ignore it, but I'm not.
Now on the long pass, in what world is that not an obvious PI? He slammed his arm, with his back to the ball BEFORE the ball got there. You CAN call both. That's an easy spot foul, first and goal.
The officiating league wide has been horrific.

Latest posts