No international games this season.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Its funny. 90% of the fans hate when Seahawks play outside the country.

I'm sure the other 10% were hopeful that they played internationally and I'm sure some players hoped that they play in other countries as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have no issues with playing International games, as long as they are away games. I do think that the team made it more of a tour than a game though. There was so much hype about the location and all the sites they were seeing and things they were doing outside of football that it became a distraction IMO. I say let that stuff go until after the game. Those that want to stick around and enjoy the atmosphere can as it's a bye week the following week. With that said, just leave our home games alone and I'm fine with wherever else we have to play.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Its funny. 90% of the fans hate when Seahawks play outside the country.

I'm sure the other 10% were hopeful that they played internationally and I'm sure some players hoped that they play in other countries as well.
Yea, no. The travel and logistics are brutal, even with a bye week after.

This stuff sucks, and I can't wait until it's not happening anymore - but hoping they will startup international league(s) again.... well I won't hold my breath. I never paid attention to NFL Europe before (i think it was before my time) -

Let the Jags have London - and let's start fixing some games on HOME turf, dammit!!!! You don't have to travel to Munich to get call-raped.

Mick063

Reaction score
When it gets to the point where you have to subscribe to various networks, just to watch your favorite team, then a point has also been reached where you ponder the idea of abandoning your fandom. One of the redeeming qualities about NFL fandom was that the advertisers made it an affordable endeavor for fans. Tolerate the commercial breaks that robbed small portions of your life and you could watch your team. An equitable trade. Apparently, the advertisers don't pay the league enough anymore and they want the fans, through specific cable subscriptions, to directly pay them as well. This just in....I don't want to subsidize another Denver Bronco-Russell Wilson type contract. Some NFL exec, somewhere, will make another bonehead fiscal decision because in the end, it isn't his money he is playing with. It is our fandom fueled revenue that he is throwing into that sink hole. These people are pricing themselves out of business.

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
I thought it was 9 away games this year? NFC West plus Giants, Ravens, Cowboys, Bengals, Lions and Titans.

I realize this is just preaching to the crowd but it's 2400 miles from Seattle to NY and 3400 miles from NY to London. Each of our east coast trips is most of an international trip. West coast teams are already doing a huge amount of travel every season and should be low priority candidates for play in Europe.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I get why the NFL is trying to extend their international reach but I just find international games too distracting, too much of a production not to have that affect the players in some form or fashion. The players will never admit it but there's no way we lose to those Bucs if it was a home game last year. The pomp and circumstance, feeling more like a "bowl game" PC even admitted, the extra travel, the distractions of being in a foreign country and the Lord Brady Factor all conspired IN MY OPINION for a pretty ugly loss that day.

If we never play another international game again I would be thrilled.

Fade

Reaction score
The NFL only cares about money. Making more of it. In the not too distant future they will have an international division.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I’m so stoked that they are playing Detroit week 2. Nice time of year to drive. I’m looking into tickets ASAP. I went to the game in 2012. Had a great time. Ford Field is a nice venue and the handicapped seating was awesome. Sometimes being disabled has its perks. 😂

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Honestly, I get why the NFL is trying to extend their international reach but I just find international games too distracting, too much of a production not to have that affect the players in some form or fashion. The players will never admit it but there's no way we lose to those Bucs if it was a home game last year. The pomp and circumstance, feeling more like a "bowl game" PC even admitted, the extra travel, the distractions of being in a foreign country and the Lord Brady Factor all conspired IN MY OPINION for a pretty ugly loss that day.

Amen! preach brother!!!!

The games - particularly Munich - were sold like a Super Bowl - and got stole like an XL.

it’s all just marketing - i get it. But I hate it. The whole Thing turns into even more of a Mardi gras every event.

country road. indeed. But at least the cheating bastard that was the reason for our loss got his scouting badge for a win on 4 continents.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

And as a final comment - per Munich -

At LEAST it wasn't the same result with us against Green Bay/Rodgers in Munich. That would have done me in. Honestly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Since the commish loves the legacy teams so much those are the teams that should have a lot of international games. *allas, Stealers, GreenBay, Patriots, Niners etc, put good use to the past history of the game.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Since the commish loves the legacy teams so much those are the teams that should have a lot of international games. *allas, Stealers, GreenBay, Patriots, Niners etc, put good use to the past history of the game.
Take 'em international and leave 'em there!

They can be the seeds of the 'Really Important Football League'.

;)