No more skill player acquisitions please....

sutz

Reaction score
So much fail in this thread. The only thing I don't like about having "stars" on the team is how everyone expects the team to alter it core philosophy to appease the players. In the case of a prima donna like Harvin, all it leads to is disaster, as was demonstrated in the first 5 games of 2014.

Graham OTOH came in and said he will learn to block if asked and was starting to get that part of the game, made catches when thrown to, and generally seemed to be a great team mate. I haven't heard any of the back door problems that flowed around Harvin. Yeah, he seems to have dropped a few balls, but he made some clutch catches too. I'll give him a pass on that. In the final analysis, he has been adapting to our system and learning to thrive in it. Yes, we've altered some of the play calling, but there was none of the crap of trying to force him into the game plan like we did with Harvin last year.

I strongly believe he will return next season. Sure $9 mill seems like a lot of cap, but it really isn't for a player of his caliber.

All of that is dependent on his recovery, of course. :pray:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I want impact players, regardless of where they play. If that's at WR, RB, LB or even CB - I'd rather get those than a serviceable OL/DL player.

Needs are mercurial. Solving tomorrow's need today is better than inadequately addressing today's need and having to readdress it with other needs presenting themselves next year.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14i5l2it said:
Yeah, don't go get great players, get guys that are average and have very little skill :?

Not what the OP meant.
Most teams in all sports win with role players vs superstars.

What did the university of Tennessee do the year after Peyton Manning left? National champions

How about the university of Utah after Keith Van Horn left? Reached championship game.

The Lakers with the our very own "the glove" and Karl malone? Swept in four games.

The 96' Yankees didn't have one player that hit over 30 home runs. That was IN the steroid era. Did McGwires Cards and Sosas Cubs even make the playoffs? I dont think they did (not sure). No titles though. Adding A-Rod made them an embarrassment as they couldn't beat thE angels and of course we know what boston did to them in '04

Point is...... rarely does it happen that a team adds a superstar or two, and makes them automatically better . It's usually the opposite. Contrary to to all the hype that it causes.

Look at what the Eagles do what seems like every year.

Somebody puts a gun to your head and asks....

Were the Hawks a better team with percy? NO
same question, same answer with Graham. NO

Not his fault. But I'd rather have Unger and maxwell on this team.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":pl4h3wdn said:
Seabowl for GM, 2016.

Agree. High priced skill position players not needed. Thanks for your vote.