No Walters on PR this week

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Richardson, Norwood, Baldwin and Kearse is a pretty damn good 4-WR tandem. Walters was decent, but he won't get much with these WR's.

Jville

Reaction score
Here we have a roster change that ushers in an opportunity for Terrance Parks to get on the field. The promotion of Parks should be welcome with best wishes for Terrance to seize and make the best of this opportunity. Instead, we have yet another rock throwing exercise at a player moved to make room for a numbers solution in another area.

I just don't understand why this heavily negative orientation keeps resurfacing with roster changes. Its got to be part of the noise the Seahawk program suggests is best ignored. But ignoring misguided individuals within ones own fan base is hard. There is no reason any player, giving his best, should be subjected to the type of scorn we too often witness. It does not build a healthy community.

Terrance Parks raises the count of defensive backs to eleven.

Go Hawks!

CANHawk

Reaction score
The two SS's on the roster are banged up. Only makes sense to add a healthy one, even if it is just some dude off the practice squad.

chris98251

Reaction score
Walters will be back Tuesday :) For those of you that need to save up for the next venting.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":8qhq364p said:
Walters will be back Tuesday :) For those of you that need to save up for the next venting.

I have no problem with him being on the roster Tuesdays...as long as he's not on it on Sundays.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":pdmvbn44 said:
Yesssss!

So happy the hawks woke up and cut him.

Way to be classy. The guy wasn't great but the best option we thought we had and definitely serviceable. Celebrating over this sort of departure shows you up. Gave his all in a hawks' jersey and took some shots doing a tough job. Best of luck to him moving on, if that's the last we see of him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Punt returns scare me. Fumbling a punt can very easily cost a team the game and with it the season, as they almost always occur at least just a first down away from scoring territory if not in the red zone. Defenders are looking at the ball carrier and stand a much better chance of recovering a fumble. I see a whole heck of a lot of mistakes made on punt returns, including returners making fair catches on the 5 yard line or calling for one without a soul within 15 yards of them. Even on those rare occasions where a punt returner breaks one, they are many times called back on an illegal block.

I was just fine with Walters returning punts. He was sure handed and made good decisions. It's a bit unfair to him as he was being compared to Golden Tate, who was arguably the best punt returner our franchise has ever had, but I thought he did a very commendable job for us.

Hopefully PRich has done well enough at returning punts that PC and Co. felt comfortable letting Walters go.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Jville":1u3vj501 said:
Here we have a roster change that ushers in an opportunity for Terrance Parks to get on the field. The promotion of Parks should be welcome with best wishes for Terrance to seize and make the best of this opportunity. Instead, we have yet another rock throwing exercise at a player moved to make room for a numbers solution in another area.

I just don't understand why this heavily negative orientation keeps resurfacing with roster changes. Its got to be part of the noise the Seahawk program suggests is best ignored. But ignoring misguided individuals within ones own fan base is hard. There is no reason any player, giving his best, should be subjected to the type of scorn we too often witness. It does not build a healthy community.

Go Hawks!

Every fan is different and every fan expresses their fandom differently. I prefer to evaluate every player .... I don't always like every move they make. If there is one I don't like I express it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":12px2w1a said:
Jville":12px2w1a said:

Go Hawks!

Every fan is different and every fan expresses their fandom differently. I prefer to evaluate every player .... I don't always like every move they make. If there is one I don't like I express it.
Well there's this but the part he's leaving out is that he's often very abrasive in his posts and used to be very rude to other posters. He's toned that down a bit, likely because the mods told him to, but a leopard really never changes his spots now does he?

As for Walters being at the PR position, I feel exactly as RiverDog does:
RiverDog":12px2w1a said:
I was just fine with Walters returning punts. He was sure handed and made good decisions. It's a bit unfair to him as he was being compared to Golden Tate, who was arguably the best punt returner our franchise has ever had, but I thought he did a very commendable job for us.

Hopefully PRich has done well enough at returning punts that PC and Co. felt comfortable letting Walters go.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I expect Walters to be back with the team after he clears waivers and we put Jeron back on the PS. He is serviceable on PR, mostly due to good ball control, and I am ok with him there. It would be nice to have a sure handed playmaker back there, but I'll take the ball control any day. It is an expensive use of a roster spot as he shows nothing promising at WR.

If no one flashes in the next couple of weeks, I hope to see Walters back at PR when we face the Cards and that brutal stretch of the schedule.

-bsd

Latest posts