Nobody gonna bring up Manziel?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2ncw53xx said:
kearly":2ncw53xx said:
Anyone else got the feeling that Manziel could end up in Seattle in a few years after taking a Christine Michael type journey?

Yes, I can totally see that. He's a Russell Wilson clone but without Wilson's maturtiy and dedication to his craft. I could see Wilson helping Manziel develop those attributes and playing-style wise he's the ideal backup to Wilson.

And for all those people saying he will never grow up, lots of young men don't start maturing until they hit their mid-twenties.
I must respectfully disagree. The only things he has in common with Russ is he is short and plays the same position. It ends there. As for "growing up", I know folks in their 60's that have never grown up.

JM's first priority is partying and doing whatever the hell he wants. He is the spoiled little rich kid that was never told "NO" until he played in the NFL.

There is a better chance he'll be an on call craps dealer in Vegas in 5 years, rather than being a QB in the NFL.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
kearly":3i2mz88o said:
Anyone else got the feeling that Manziel could end up in Seattle in a few years after taking a Christine Michael type journey?

No. Substance abuse history. I think would rule him out at the most critical position

TXHawk

Reaction score
Manziel is an entitled brat who is inentionally sabotaging his way out of Cleveland. He'll fit right in with the Cowboys.

TXHawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":26lpoh14 said:
kearly":26lpoh14 said:

Yes, I can totally see that. He's a Russell Wilson clone but without Wilson's maturtiy and dedication to his craft. I could see Wilson helping Manziel develop those attributes and playing-style wise he's the ideal backup to Wilson.

Yeah, other than lacking Wilson's maturity, work ethic, arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics he's totally a Russell Wilson clone.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He posted a fake Instagram picture tagged in Ohio to trick the Browns into thinking he was at home.

I don't think this is sabotage. That's giving him too much credit. His priorities are simply out of whack, and I wouldn't be surprised if he currently has some serious issues with substance abuse of some sort.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1bm0xszq said:
He posted a fake Instagram picture tagged in Ohio to trick the Browns into thinking he was at home.

I don't think this is sabotage. That's giving him too much credit. His priorities are simply out of whack, and I wouldn't be surprised if he currently has some serious issues with substance abuse of some sort.
Very likely. I thing he likes the booger sugar along with the alcohol.
But hey it's a free country, if you want to piss away a lucrative career over Coke and booze then more power to him.

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Manziel in Seattle any time soon, he's too immature and untrustworthy right now. Addiction is a possibility as well. But after he gets cut by his 4th team and has his "come to Jesus" moment , sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3kfecbzz said:
I wouldn't want Manziel in Seattle any time soon, he's too immature and untrustworthy right now. Addiction is a possibility as well. But after he gets cut by his 4th team and has his "come to Jesus" moment , sure.

He won't get 4 chances.

I think his rope is already pretty short. There won't be many people chomping at the bit to trade for him or claim him off waivers this offseason. I think the Cowboys are pretty much it.

The Wilson comparison begins and ends at his height. Beyond that, Manziel has never had 1% of the work ethic Russell Wilson has had since high school. Wilson acts like being an NFL QB is his career, Manziel acts like its something to do in his spare time. You can get away with that crap in college, you can't at this level.

He won't be in the league in 3 years IMO.

Bwarren

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":15o6i732 said:
Sports Hernia":15o6i732 said:
kearly":15o6i732 said:
Nope, after he fails in Dallas he'll be done in the NFL IMHO.
Unless he gets sober, this.

getting sober might hurt his game. He would do lousy in Seattle also. Just a huge distraction and Russell doesn't need to be saddled with a guy he has to prod. Send him packing, where ever it is it will be short lived. Poor Character.

chris98251

Reaction score
Schlister was likeable like Johnny Football, nobody ever liked Leaf.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They brought up his drinking from 3 weeks ago on Bob, Groz & Tom, and Groz was arguing vehemently "What's the big deal?" "If he was drinking on a weekend?"

I expect someone who likes to drink a lot would not understand why an alcoholic who spent a month in rehab last summer, is being paid a ton of money to be prepared for games, then subsequently lost his job over drinking, would not see a problem with the situation.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2sewnmuq said:
SeaToTheHawks":2sewnmuq said:
Uncle Si":2sewnmuq said:
Vegas trip will turn out to be fabricated I think

Ehh, it's been pretty well corroborated that he was in Vegas.

By a waitress and a gambler. But no video? No text messages or instagrams or tweets or nothing from the hundreds of Vegas goers who would have saw him?

This one seems contrived.

Guy is still an idiot
Those drunks saw Johnny poolboy handing out wads of toilet paper. Same slight body build.
Simple case of mistaken identity or foreshadowing?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
TXHawk":22856q8n said:
CalgaryHawk":22856q8n said:
kearly":22856q8n said:

Yeah, other than lacking Wilson's maturity, work ethic, arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics he's totally a Russell Wilson clone.
Yep. They wear the same size briefs, date the same type ladies and neither are black.
Johnny Riddell is suck a Russell Wilson clone.

Latest posts