Non "SO UNFAIR!" Schedule Gripes as a ticket holder.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Thank God the flex is in from week 5 to correct this nonsense from the jump. Cry me a river season ticket holders about your commute. How about living in KCMO and talk to me about job commutes? No? Then shut up and deal already.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I'm with ya. I'd think people would like to watch the Hawks at home kick the living S out of teams. May just be us..........DUDE Your avatar

salamander

Reaction score
Do you think the road prime time games may actually be good for the Hawks? I think the Hawks would get more jacked up and focused for nationally televised prime time games than normal road games.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TaterHawk":17sqai5r said:
I'm with ya. I'd think people would like to watch the Hawks at home kick the living S out of teams. May just be us..........DUDE Your avatar
I'm not a guy sir.:)

@Salamander, correct it literally gives us an advantage where none existed before. It's quite hilarious when you start really thinking about it. The home team actually thinks they have a chance until game time, it's brilliant marketing if you ask me.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm not up in arms over the lack of prime time games, tho I do think it's lame. But I agree with the OP that this schedule, for a season ticket holder, is bereft of appealing/compelling matchups at home, save the singular 49ers game. Might be a good year to sell a bunch of tickets and stay home. Yay.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
night games are so much more fun than day games. not only do we only have 1 we have it in early september, the sun is still up til 7:30 at that time of year. I'm also pissed about it as a citizen of this region. prime time games are our chance to show the rest of the country what an amazing area we live in. how awesome does the city look in all those aerial shots that they use during the commercial breaks/cut aways? pretty damn awesome. we got totally screwed.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the regular game time.

I am a realist and think this definitely gives an opportunity to flex a home Seahawks game in, if that makes sense.

I absolutely LOVE having three of our road games in prime time. It takes away that whole 10 AM road start thing, and the boys really get up for the prime time games... I have such fond memories of the beat down in Philly in the snow a few years back...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I take the schedule as a compliment. To me the NFL thrives on parity and to accomplish that they use every trick they have, One of the biggest is scheduling. It would have been easier to get the Niners early on the year while Bowman is still recovering and they are trying to shake out that secondary. It's no coincidence our games against them are as late in the season as they are. They want to give the Niners every chance to compete with us. If we destroy them and run away with the division the rivalry is all but dead, at least for that year and that is a lot of money down the drain. It would have also been better to get Denver towards the end of the year when Manning's arm strength might be struggling a little.

I definitely can't wait for the year when the Niners actually have to play more 10:00am starts than us or even just the same number. I'm getting sick of them only having to play two each year. Over the last three years we have (including this one) played 13 10:00am starts to their 6. If not for the Niners having 2 10:00am games to our 5, we likely make the super bowl in 2012 also. There was only a half a game difference between us being the 2 seed with a bye and playing at home vs the 5 seed and losing key players on Fed ex field. Obviously the NFL knows something and what they know is on a level playing field the Seahawks are a far superior team. Without the scheduling help the Niners aren't even competitive with us.

On the flip side the Niner schedule is much easier. Spaced out the division games including sending us to Santa Clara on a short week, not to mention putting the Oakland game in between our match ups (like was said above) should help them to stay fresh. Kind of crazy they are the only team in the NFC west with a late bye don't ya think?

Ultimately the NFL wants parity and rivalry. They don't want a team to run away with the division so they must feel the Niners need some serious help to keep pace with us.

The lack of evening home games is just another piece of evidence. We are absolutely dominant in those games and the NFL knows it.

The way I see it is we are competing with the schedule as much as we are competing with any other team. The flip side of that though is those battle tested teams if even close to healthy are the most dangerous come playoff time. Even if we ended up with a wild card I like our chances to repeat.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So if the NFL wants parity and you believe they do it by scheduling then why don't they screw with New England? Since 2001 they virtually are 6-0 before the season starts except for rare occurrences plus their home record puts ours to shame with no whining from anybody.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So if the NFL wants parity and you believe they do it by scheduling then why don't they screw with New England?

Riley12

Reaction score
I do love night games in the Autumn, just hate all of the hassle that it takes to make it to one and then recover for a productive
day after.

Now, what the NFL should do, is rip Friday and/or Saturday nights away from high school and college football. Back in my
marching band days, we could drink our weight in beer, put on a completely awesome show (to us), and then settle back into drinking
the rest of Saturday night/Sunday morning away. Sleep all day. Homework Sunday all-nighter. School on Monday morning. No problem.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
New England has been very protected from already being on a early schedule and playing in the worst division for better than the last decade. Just not much you can do.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
While I find night games to be more fun to attend (sans family), as an out-of-towner the lack of night games will give me many more opportunities to attend games as I can catch a flight home after the game and be home for work on Monday. I would still rather attend 2 night games rather than 4 day games unless somebody was spotting me the cost of travel/tix etc for the additional 2 day games.

Week 17 is interesting. A game against SF for all the marbles would make a very compelling matchup. From the league perspective, if the post-season outlook depends on 2 games (Sea vs St Louis AND SF vs Ariz) instead of just the one, you get more eyeballs on the screen. Would anybody watch St. Louis vs Ariz if it had no bearing on the post-season? Not that I agree with it, I just get it.

- bsd

Latest posts