OP
Washington49er

Washington49er

Reaction score
DomeHawk":32apj528 said:
pmedic920":32apj528 said:
DomeHawk":32apj528 said:
Washington49er":32apj528 said:
You might have to explain to some of your newer fans.

Yes, we get the underlying diss that many of the Seahawks' fans just came on board during the SB runs.

That's BS, the Seahawks have had a strong following from day 1.

Niner fans are pathetic.

You missed his actual point completely.

Doh

Right, a niner's fan should come on OUR board to explain OUR history to OUR fans.

Whoosh!

I wasn't explaining your history, merely pointing out than some of your newest fans like fans from all teams don't always know their teams history.

I've actually talked to 12s that didn't know who Largent was, and 49er fans that didn't know who Ronnie Lott was, and think Terry Bradshaw is just a sportscaster.

D

DomeHawk

Washington49er":32zgnaix said:
DomeHawk":32zgnaix said:
pmedic920":32zgnaix said:
DomeHawk":32zgnaix said:
Yes, we get the underlying diss that many of the Seahawks' fans just came on board during the SB runs.

Niner fans are pathetic.

Doh

Right, a niner's fan should come on OUR board to explain OUR history to OUR fans.

Whoosh!

I wasn't explaining your history, merely pointing out than some of your newest fans like fans from all teams don't always know their teams history.

I've actually talked to 12s that didn't know who Largent was, and 49er fans that didn't know who Ronnie Lott was, and think Terry Bradshaw is just a sportscaster.

Relax, I'm just getting warmed up for the (hopefully) division championship hate fest.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why are people getting bent about Washington49er for explaining a simple fact that young/recent fans know less about their team?

It's even worse for his team--I bet less than 49 percent of 49er fans can name Ronnie Lott's position, and of those who became fans in the past 15 years, maybe 20 percent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's a big difference between "12s" and actual Seahawks Fans.

And I was at that game. Amazing moment, and so very justified.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8n7i1ph3 said:

I was at that game too... man I am old.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":g2tugt8i said:
DomeHawk":g2tugt8i said:
pmedic920":g2tugt8i said:
DomeHawk":g2tugt8i said:

Niner fans are pathetic.

Doh

Whoosh!

What you don't know, because you're not a regular here throughout the year, is that the Largent/harden thing gets linked at least twice a year and we all appreciate it once again. It's part of our lore and our team's identity, every bit as much as The Catch is a part of 49ers lore.

The Catch was a play that happened at the end of a 49ers playoff game, the 1981 NFC Championship, where Joe Montana (he was the 49ers QB at the time) hit Dwight Clark (a 49ers Tight End) in the end zone to win the game against the Dallas Cowboys. It signalled the end of Dallas' unrivalled control of the NFC since its inception, and began the golden age of 49ers football.

Now, take a moment to think about how me mansplaining that moment to you made you feel before judging someone else.

OP
OP
Washington49er

Washington49er

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38cr9ti0 said:
Washington49er":38cr9ti0 said:
DomeHawk":38cr9ti0 said:
pmedic920":38cr9ti0 said:

Doh

Whoosh!

What you don't know, because you're not a regular here throughout the year, is that the Largent/harden thing gets linked at least twice a year and we all appreciate it once again. It's part of our lore and our team's identity, every bit as much as The Catch is a part of 49ers lore.

The Catch was a play that happened at the end of a 49ers playoff game, the 1981 NFC Championship, where Joe Montana (he was the 49ers QB at the time) hit Dwight Clark (a 49ers Tight End) in the end zone to win the game against the Dallas Cowboys. It signalled the end of Dallas' unrivalled control of the NFC since its inception, and began the golden age of 49ers football.

Now, take a moment to think about how me mansplaining that moment to you made you feel before judging someone else.

Didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm aware of the story behind "the catch". This was the QB when I started watching the 49ers, but thanks for the history lesson.

20191010 075200

OP
OP
Washington49er

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qzidau9 said:

Tell that to the 12s, apparently they didn't get the memo.

schkoot

Reaction score
I wasn't at the game, but I saw it live on TV! It was a pretty big event, as most Hawks/Broncos games were. I remember being stoked at the outcome, but still kinda butthurt over the play because my boy Krieg threw the pick.

Smellyman

Reaction score
For those that don't like the new rules, that could have killed Largent. Lucky his head stayed attached.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2p6y0fw9 said:
Washington49er":2p6y0fw9 said:

Niner fans are pathetic.

Why the need to take offense at a basically true statement? It wasn't even worded as a diss.
His wording suggests he believes only "some" of our "newer" fans might need this explained. Like, many of our "newer" fans would already be up to speed, from spending their Saturday nights with other "newer" fans watching classic Seahawks highlights like this on YouTube.

So you are now the the designated "offense-taker", to right all perceived wrongs through broad attacks on any group you've decided you dislike across the board, justifying your privilege to make negative generalizations about an entire group? Whose your next target group to make a broad stereotyped negative verbal attack on? Why not save attacks for things that actually warrant a response, instead of going to such great "oversensitive" lengths to imagine and invent an "attack"? Maybe there's some poster history between you and him, but aren't you one of those people who fancies himself to be against "Hate"? Yet, here you are, happily engaging, relishing in, the opportunity to spread your form of "Hate", at the drop of the hat... and can't see how hypocritical that is.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Washington49er":n2iwy0is said:
Didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm aware of the story behind "the catch". This was the QB when I started watching the 49ers, but thanks for the history lesson.

Disappointing. When you started down that road, I was expecting THIS, below.
And what do I see but that underperforming Jim Plunkett.
Man, these 49er bandwagon-jumper Johnny-come-latelys! :irishdrinkers:

John Brodie 1024x608

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":lpigwcqq said:
DomeHawk":lpigwcqq said:
pmedic920":lpigwcqq said:
DomeHawk":lpigwcqq said:

Niner fans are pathetic.

Doh

Whoosh!

That's BS. Everyone knows Terry Bradshaw is just an actor.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1i0n1cn7 said:
Washington49er":1i0n1cn7 said:
DomeHawk":1i0n1cn7 said:
pmedic920":1i0n1cn7 said:

Doh

Whoosh!

You apparently have a broad definition of the term "actor".

D

DomeHawk

olyfan63":3qu3hciz said:
DomeHawk":3qu3hciz said:
Washington49er":3qu3hciz said:

Niner fans are pathetic.

Why the need to take offense at a basically true statement? It wasn't even worded as a diss.
His wording suggests he believes only "some" of our "newer" fans might need this explained. Like, many of our "newer" fans would already be up to speed, from spending their Saturday nights with other "newer" fans watching classic Seahawks highlights like this on YouTube.

So you are now the the designated "offense-taker", to right all perceived wrongs through broad attacks on any group you've decided you dislike across the board, justifying your privilege to make negative generalizations about an entire group? Whose your next target group to make a broad stereotyped negative verbal attack on? Why not save attacks for things that actually warrant a response, instead of going to such great "oversensitive" lengths to imagine and invent an "attack"? Maybe there's some poster history between you and him, but aren't you one of those people who fancies himself to be against "Hate"? Yet, here you are, happily engaging, relishing in, the opportunity to spread your form of "Hate", at the drop of the hat... and can't see how hypocritical that is.

Listen man! This is war! :49ersmall:

D

DomeHawk

olyfan63":xzv46580 said:
DomeHawk":xzv46580 said:
Washington49er":xzv46580 said:

Niner fans are pathetic.

Whoosh!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":24ti88ar said:
Seanhawk":24ti88ar said:
Washington49er":24ti88ar said:
DomeHawk":24ti88ar said:

Whoosh!

You apparently have a broad definition of the term "actor".

You apparently have no sense of what an attempt at a joke looks like.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":y2rz4wnl said:
I was watching that game and remember Largent yelling something to the effect of " But he said it wasn't retaliatory!"

I was shocked to see Steve take Harden out, but it felt soooooo good!

It's interesting how memory works. In my mind, I was seeing both of those plays as if they were in the same game. I guess it's just the connection, ying and yang.
You were thinking of the play before the Largent decleating of Hardin.
The Donks CB was getting physical with Blades and they called offsetting penalty’s I do believe.