Not sure how many have espn + Content but best quarterback

niveky

Reaction score
this year overall compared with all quarterbacks through a whole list of categories...is...you guessed it,
Russell Wilson. Here's a couple of quotes:

"ranks second in big-time throw percentage -- big-time throws are PFF's highest-graded pass attempts based upon ball placement, velocity, targeted depth and other factors -- and first at avoiding turnover-worthy plays, an elite combination for quarterbacks."

"Wilson owns the short game and the deep game"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... categories

Edit:
okay, now the link is fixed, although won't be able to see it if you don't have espn +

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ll7078s said:
Aug. 26, 2012

Best day in Seahawks' history.

Just imagine if he plays until 45, and still plays well, like he wants to.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
niveky":5zfuttv9 said:
this year overall compared with all quarterbacks through a whole list of categories...is...you guessed it,

"ranks second in big-time throw percentage -- big-time throws are PFF's highest-graded pass attempts based upon ball placement, velocity, targeted depth and other factors -- and first at avoiding turnover-worthy plays, an elite combination for quarterbacks."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_XL7MtkZ8w

Uh....your link is a geico caveman commercial. Confused.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3mhsojnn said:
niveky":3mhsojnn said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_XL7MtkZ8w

Uh....your link is a geico caveman commercial. Confused.

ok, weird...I linked the page I had the article on....will see if trying it again will work....and actually, I guess I didn't hit one of the keys hard enough when I copied the link and the last thing I had was looking up that commercial because that 3 doors down song came on my wife's pandora and it always makes me think of that commercial so I looked it up.

D

DomeHawk

hawksfansinceday1":11bup3hl said:
DomeHawk":11bup3hl said:
Aug. 26, 2012

Best day in Seahawks' history.
Welllllllllllll, February 2, 2014 but I get what you're saying.

Point taken, but that day led to many-many good days/years while the Super Bowl win was only one great day.

Albeit one VERY-VERY good day.

That was the day that PC named RW the Seahawks' starting QB. I remember almost praying that would happen after watching Russ tear it up in the pre-season.

It wasn't an easy decision either after they had went out and paid a bunch on money for Matt Flynn.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/sports/sea ... ll-wilson/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1tgsqbwr said:
........That was the day that PC named RW the Seahawks' starting QB. I remember almost praying that would happen after watching Russ tear it up in the pre-season........./
Yeah I remember watching him in the KC preseason game look off a Safety and throw a bullet for a TD and all I could do was go "Wow". Rookie QBs don't look off Safeties when they're still in a preseason game. Knew then he had a chance to be good though tempered it a bit knowing it was preseason, base defense, etc.

beaumaris

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2c1pi9iv said:
DomeHawk":2c1pi9iv said:
........That was the day that PC named RW the Seahawks' starting QB. I remember almost praying that would happen after watching Russ tear it up in the pre-season........./
Yeah I remember watching him in the KC preseason game look off a Safety and throw a bullet for a TD and all I could do was go "Wow". Rookie QBs don't look off Safeties when they're still in a preseason game. Knew then he had a chance to be good though tempered it a bit knowing it was preseason, base defense, etc.
Remembering his first preseason,I’m watching this diminutive young rookie CB with my jaw on my chest.
Phoned my son,saying are you watching the Hawks ?Turn your TV on and you will see something that’s going to be
very special. :2thumbs: