NY Yankees @ Seattle Mariners May 29-31

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Some fans are ok with terrible offenses. That's fine. Just expect not to win. Literally the only time Ms were WS contenders is when Lou built a legit line up 1995-2003. Those teams stood their ground and wouldn't let other teams boss them around. The current culture of this team is let others push you around and stay passive and keep putting .100 hitters in the line up and hope your 3-4 legit starters will carry you. Good luck with that. The line up should look different by mid July. Or not. Who knows at this point.
How many titles did Lou win for Seattle? How many world series appearances?

He also had 4 hall of famers in prime too. And he won zip. Anyone can make anyone look bad or good.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Finally Scotty smartens up. And it pays off.
Needs to happen more often.
Your dislike for Servais is odd. You realize he has more wins then expected since 2018 besides one other manager. So he does more with less then 99% of other coaches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Your dislike for Servais is odd. You realize he has more wins then expected since 2018 besides one other manager. So he does more with less then 99% of other coaches.
Cool story bro. I can point to 3 games he cost his team while trying to help Brash “regain his confidence”. When a pitcher has obviously lost his confidence good managers will pitch him in a “mop up” role where a bad performance won’t cost your team games, and keep him there until he is back on track.

Also his managing of the line-up at times is flat out odd.
His priority seems to be playing a severely underperforming Wong who is a “human out machine.”

I don’t get your white knighting of a mediocre (at best) manager.
But if you think being 2 games above .500 is a masterful job, you be you Boo.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm going to add as fans for any sport/team, what we want is for it to at least look like youre trying to win games. Constatantly starting .100 hitters doesn't look like it.

He also had 4 hall of famers in prime too. And he won zip. Anyone can make anyone look bad or good.
All I said was they were WS contenders. I'm aware this franchise has never been to a world series. It's a little silly to not recognize the Lou era as the best this franchise has had, yeah?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Manager Scott is no Pinella. To make that comp is laughable.
FWIW Lou won a WS with Cincy. So Lou 1, Scott 0.

In 2001 If the front office went out and got the bat (Dave Justice) at the TDL Lou was screaming for, the M’s at least would have made it to a World Series. Justice who was traded to the Yanks instead flat out owned Seattle in the ALCS.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cool story bro. I can point to 3 games he cost his team while trying to help Brash “regain his confidence”. When a pitcher has obviously lost his confidence good managers will pitch him in a “mop up” role where a bad performance won’t cost your team games, and keep him there until he is back on track.

His priority seems to be playing a severely underperforming Wong who is a “human out machine.”

Cool reply bro. You would be solid at managing a team and are perfect at what you do.

White knighting? Do you even watch baseball since you want to be personal.

Analysts have had Scott Servais rated as a top 3 coach the last two years. The nerd stats of wins above expected favor Scotts abilities as well.

So you come on a message board and cap, ok boo?

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Manager Scott is no Pinella. To make that comp is laughable.
FWIW Lou won a WS with Cincy. So Lou 1, Scott 0.

In 2001 If the front office went out and got the bat (Dave Justice) at the TDL Lou was screaming for, the M’s at least would have made it to a World Series. Justice who was traded to the Yanks instead flat out owned Seattle in the ALCS.
Stick to the program. I know its hard for you right now and you are emotional. We were talking Seattle. Not Cincy. Seattle.

Ah, its the FO fault that Lou failed but its just Scotts fault if he fails. You tell it like you want.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'm going to add as fans for any sport/team, what we want is for it to at least look like youre trying to win games. Constatantly starting .100 hitters doesn't look like it.
All I said was they were WS contenders. I'm aware this franchise has never been to a world series. It's a little silly to not recognize the Lou era as the best this franchise has had, yeah?
Lou has a better record. Also a way better roster. Right? What hall of famers does scott have in prime? Not 1 or 2 but 4.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Also, wong has barely played lately. Brash is in Munoz spot due to injury. Ms pen is ranked top 3 but damn servais is bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stick to the program. I know its hard for you right now and you are emotional. We were talking Seattle. Not Cincy. Seattle.

Ah, its the FO fault that Lou failed but its just Scotts fault if he fails. You tell it like you want.
Do try and keep up. Pointing out facts is now “being emotional”? LOL.

If you’ve read my posts over the last year I’ve been pretty harsh on John Stanton and how he stops short on spending on the team when its needed the most.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Also, wong has barely played lately. Brash is in Munoz spot due to injury. Ms pen is ranked top 3 but damn servais is bad.
There were much better options than Brash when he was struggling and getting lit up like a pinball machine. Go through the bullpen ERA’s for proof.
But keep doubling down and defending Scott’s poor decisions.

PS. I think Brash has nasty stuff when he’s on, just running him out there in game time situations when he is obviously struggling is beyond dumb.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lou has a better record. Also a way better roster. Right? What hall of famers does scott have in prime? Not 1 or 2 but 4.
Its way too early to tell. Julio, Castillo, Kirby???
Will you still be defending Scott’s bad decisions when we finally know the answer to that question? Me thinks yes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cool reply bro. You would be solid at managing a team and are perfect at what you do.

White knighting? Do you even watch baseball since you want to be personal.

Analysts have had Scott Servais rated as a top 3 coach the last two years. The nerd stats of wins above expected favor Scotts abilities as well.

So you come on a message board and cap, ok boo?
I’m sorry my opinions hurt your feelings.
Wasn’t my intent.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
There were much better options than Brash when he was struggling and getting lit up like a pinball machine. Go through the bullpen ERA’s for proof.
But keep doubling down and defending Scott’s poor decisions.

PS. I think Brash has nasty stuff when he’s on, just running him out there in game time situations when he is obviously struggling is beyond dumb.
Who would of you used? He tried certain guys and they messed up too. Sauce is nasty so far.

Fans wanted Then to have a bigger role and when he finally did, he failed. Got sent back to triple a.

Weird how sucky relievers come to Seattle and get good. Of course its not Scott at all.

I feel like this is PC/Russ part 2.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Who would of you used? He tried certain guys and they messed up too. Sauce is nasty so far.

Fans wanted Then to have a bigger role and when he finally did, he failed. Got sent back to triple a.

Weird how sucky relievers come to Seattle and get good. Of course its not Scott at all.

I feel like this is PC/Russ part 2.
Who would I have tried???? Gott, Speier, Topa, Saucedo.

I also don’t remember fans clamoring for Then. That’s just fiction.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Oh trust me....i wish u could. 😂😂.

I acted like you did. You got emotional and personal first and so i rebuttaled that way.
Not emotional at all, you’re the one that gets all hysterical because I and others have doubted your hero Scott’s “greatness”. I just posted my fact based opinion and you went all agro.

You’re acting like I just insulted your dad.

TIMD

Reaction score
Last thing I'll post in this thread. Y'all do realize we are 2 games above .500, which if my math is correct, or at least close, sits about 10-12 games BETTER than last season, right? Oh, wait. We suck. Right.
THIS team is NOT going on some magical 14 game win streak. And their luck in winning 1 run games has run out. This team wasn't a WORLD SERIES contender & definitely are not this year. And if you think for some strange reason Jerry the 🤡 DiBozo & Scotty "that's baseball" are going to lead this thing into anything except mediocrity, well then I guess not only do you enjoy being lied to daily, you're not understanding what is going on in the field. This team needs massive offensive improvements at nearly every position. They strike out far more than they get hits, almost more whiffs than hit & walks combined. That's beyond sad, and that's on those 2 Rooooody Poo's who don't hold themselves accountable. But why would they, most of the "fans" don't. Their bank accounts thank you.

TIMD

Reaction score
I think what a lot of M's fans are missing is perspective. All they see are the offensive struggles and so the default reaction is "OMG THEY SUCK SO BAD IM SO PISSED WORST TEAM EVER CLOWN SHOW GRRRR RAWR!!!" They seem to be blind to literally anything else.

Did you know that only 10 out of the 30 teams in MLB had a better record than the M's as of this morning? Is being 1 spot out of the top 10 really mediocre, or is that maybe a bit better than mediocre? Is that really the dumpster fire, disaster, catastrophe that many M's fan are making it out to be? I don't know, everyone has to decide that for themselves I guess. But if you look through a lot of these threads, you'd think the M's were the worst team in baseball. They clearly aren't. Not even close.

I'm as disappointed and frustrated as most other M's fans in our offseason, and as a result of that, another season of a bottom 10 offense (so far). But what am I gonna do? Stop being a fan? Stop cheering for my team? Stop being stoked when they win? Spend the whole season bitching and whining online? Spend the whole season perpetually angry and refuse to allow myself to enjoy it when they're playing well or when they get a walk off win in the bottom of the 10th against the Yankees? Nah. Fvck all that. That sounds miserable.

Lastly, there's over 100 games left. They don't need to go on a 14 game winning streak to catch up to last years record. They just need to continue winning more than they lose, like they just did with their 7-3 homestand.
Yeah..... They beat up on Oakland. June isn't filled with cupcakes. Tex, LAA, NYY, Bal, TB...... Teams with winning records.... Teams with records BETTER than Seattle

TIMD

Reaction score

Excellent post...... Not to mention how he left Miller & Gilbert out there to get clobbered, when they CLEARLY didn't have it. You don't do that to young pitchers. Scott is terrible.