O-line has to be #1 priority over everything else offseason.

mcbobly

Reaction score
blazen2392":25mzol1u said:
Did anyone catch the Greenbay 49ers game? GB supposedly top tier online was absolutely demolished the 49ers Dline.

Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but I think we've been playing on borrowed time. We need a pro-bowl caliber line. Duane Brown is the only player on this line that earns the right to come back. Britt has not shown the ability to stay on the field consistently and even so he is average at best. I can't believe ppl here are actually advocating Ifedi come back. At best he is mediocre, maybe might even be average.

We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?
Bosa is here to stay for years. Even Donald has single-handedly wrecked our line for years and we have never addressed it.
I've been saying that for the last 2-3 seasons. Our D is pretty good but we cannot afford to allow Russ to needlessly be on the run each game. We definitely need to build a good O line around him and let him do what he does best. Yet instead during every off season they go out and get WR's, RB's, TE's, and so on, almost never anyone to shore up our anemic O line.

xray

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1vggal34 said:
xray":1vggal34 said:
An above average offense coupled with a below average defense = an average team overall . Average teams seldom make SB appearances . The Hawks need upgrades on both lines .
What you are suggesting is Balance?...…….Who ever heard of such a thing? :smilingalien:
for example on a scale of 10...offense being a 7 and the defense being a 3...7+3 = 10 divided by 2 = 5...average team .
:D

CPHawk

Reaction score
OL doesn't seem like anything PC and Snyder can fix. They have been trying for 6 years now. So let's focus on fixing the D. Sign Armstead from SF and re sign Clowney. That will cost $$, but will go a long ways in fixing our D. Draft the top LB or DB left in the 1st round, and in the 2nd start to look for an OL pick.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
blazen2392":2lfzp6ez said:
Weve been gambling on Wilson's health for years. Yes, our Defense is bad but...

We need to build a top ten O-line in FA and the draft. What's the point of having a defense when we lose our QB?

Stopping the other QB.

This kind of thinking is weird. You need to build a complete team. QB and a good defense.

The underlying assumption that we can't do both, is probably what needs to be addressed here.

Gio

Reaction score
for the first time since a long time , our OL was better than DL. Yes we may not have the best OL , but give them a break. too many injuries. (Brown , Fluker , Britt..) I think they will do just fine. And dont forget we lost our 2 starting RBs. On the other hand DLine was ONLY Clowney (not every game , but most of the games). Fix DLine , fix coaching staff , fix CB#2 position and we ll be fine.

*Yes i do think we need new assistant coaches (offense and defense). I don't know who , but there very few games Scott balled out with his play calling , and D was below average.. so

John63

Reaction score
Gio":196z1yrz said:
for the first time since a long time , our OL was better than DL. Yes we may not have the best OL , but give them a break. too many injuries. (Brown , Fluker , Britt..) I think they will do just fine. And dont forget we lost our 2 starting RBs. On the other hand DLine was ONLY Clowney (not every game , but most of the games). Fix DLine , fix coaching staff , fix CB#2 position and we ll be fine.

*Yes i do think we need new assistant coaches (offense and defense). I don't know who , but there very few games Scott balled out with his play calling , and D was below average.. so

Ahh they were 25th in pass blocking, guess what they ha never been higher than 20th. So no they will not do just fine. Even at their best this season they never got higher than 21st. So no they will not do if we cant protect our QB at even an avg level we are screwed. We need to get o lineman that can pass block as well. Would be nice if Wilson was not amongst the most hit, hurried, forced to run, and sacked qb in the league.

Rob_Grimm

Reaction score
I think we have answers at guard sand center already on the roster. The problem is the tackle position. It’s so hard to efficiently replace those guys when you don’t have top 15 picks. Most of us agree that Germain Efedi isn’t worth top dollar, and we all want to keep Fant, but that will likely cost us some coin as well. So does where that leave us?
I don’t see any teams ready to pull a boner move like the Texans and trade a quality left tackle. Also, which free agents that will be on the market are better than Efedi and what will they cost? I predict the team will resign Efedi to the tune of 12-14 mil and we’ll all be bummed out by it.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.