O-line losing the battle up front..

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":w0fnmcb7 said:
Are the two O-lines on the deck cut blocking? How did they get into that position downfield?

The player with the ball on the left is #22 Robert Turbin. This looks like it was a designed run left. Carp and Helfet are blocking away from each other to open a hole. Okung and Sweezy go second level. Three Seahawks are on the ground by the time Turbin takes his first step (Helfet, Okung, Sweezy). A biproduct of Cable's scheme is that a lot of players end up on the ground either by design or as a cost of doing business. In this case it was the latter, except for perhaps Helfet, who appeared to have gone for a cut block.

How Britt gets beaten that badly on a run play away from his side I can't explain.

It's really a shame that the blocking execution failed here so miserably. Seven Rams defenders were all sucked up to the line, there is no second level to defend. Had Helfet given a quality cut block and Okung not fallen down, and Britt not beaten so emphatically, the Seahawks had exactly the right play call to punish the look the defense was showing. With Turbin's speed that could have been a long ass run.

kearly

Reaction score
The O-line did play much better in the second half, if you exclude the penalties. Some of them were legit, but there were a couple bogus holding calls in the second half that screwed Lynch out of huge runs that were perfectly blocked.

All three of Wilson's sacks taken came within five plays in the 2nd quarter. It was a pretty bad first half for the OL, but the second half was a performance level Seattle can win with.

Anyway, without special teams this would have been a dominating win by Seattle. I respect the hell out of the execution of the Rams players and the evil genius of Fisher, but when you get outgained by almost 200 and win on two trick plays, that's pretty much the definition of stealing a win.

I don't mean that as sour grapes disrespect, but rather to point out that when Seattle plays a game like this on offense and defense they will probably win 9 out of 10 games. Even though the loss was devastating, it was encouraging too.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Well according to other NFL teams fans, the only reason Russell Wilson is any good is because we have a stellar O-line and the best defense and the best running back ever.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Didn't we run some jumbo package a few times? Seemed to be somewhat effective minus the one holding call.

Will be interesting to see if they continue to do that while Miller is out.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Does it really matter we still have the hardest part of our schedule coming, and the o-line is ranked 27th in pass blocking, and 13th in run blocking and falling fast. Last year by the end of the year they were ranked 9th in urn blocking and 32nd(dead last) in pass blocking. IN RWs rookie year 2012 they were ranked 4th in run blocking and 20th in pass blocking so they got worse, but were never even avg in pass blocking.

White Devil

Reaction score
storm74":3frpp88u said:
Well according to other NFL teams fans, the only reason Russell Wilson is any good is because we have a stellar O-line and the best defense and the best running back ever.

I find myself in these same conversations. Ignorance is bliss.

btw, I'm not Bevell.