O-line not good enough

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3efy6afb said:
Dallas ran it just fine and there game plan was basically the same your logic is flawed . Were a running team and we couldn't run the ball becuase the O-line got there buts kicked that's a fact .

That is not correct.

Lets look at our first 3 drives, all were run, run, pass on 3rd and long and punt.

Lets look at theirs
1st drive run, pass, run, pass, pass, run, pass, run, pass, fg HMM
2nd drive run, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, punt
3rd drive pass, run, pass

So while they did want to run, they also wanted to pass you can do both, well everyone else can but us it appears.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":218e7s44 said:
Seriously #1 overall run offense in the league. I don't know how much more you need other than to improve pass protection.

They were better than last year overall this season but that's a really really low bar .

jeremiah

Reaction score
The Breh":24r57rie said:
hawkfannj":24r57rie said:
We will never win a championship with this type of offensive line . They are serviceable that’s about it a major major change Hass to happen there overstaffed exactly where we are

The same line that dominated the whole regular season but not tonight deserves all that you just typed?
Be reactionary, brehs.

Obviously the line was dominated today. It happens, sometimes even the better unit is outperformed. This team will learn and grown stronger through this i have no doubt.

James in PA

Reaction score
This current O line might not SB caliber, but compared to previous couple years, it felt pretty damn good. Baby steps. They’ll add a couple pieces and get better. In Solari we trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr24

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2ta1fcus said:
We lost for many reasons but the O-line was the biggest reason we lost . They did not win at the LOS running the ball and piss poor pass pro. This must get fixed in the off season. JR and Fluker both need replaced with better lineman. Fluker is to old and injured and JR just isn't big enough to win against todays DT's.

The O-line does need to be upgraded in the off season, but they were much better this year than last year. Big improvements. They can't go from worst to best in the league in one off season. I am happy with the job Solari did this year overall, despite some bad games.

We lost this game because of atrocious offensive play calling. Yes there were other factors, like dumb penalties and losing Janikowski (time to retire), but this loss is because of running the ball straight up the middle repeatedly for 4 quarters when it obviously wasn't working, and then throwing 2 yard passes on 3rd and 20.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
pr24":2a2oa6uv said:
Northwest Seahawk":2a2oa6uv said:
We lost for many reasons but the O-line was the biggest reason we lost . They did not win at the LOS running the ball and piss poor pass pro. This must get fixed in the off season. JR and Fluker both need replaced with better lineman. Fluker is to old and injured and JR just isn't big enough to win against todays DT's.

The O-line does need to be upgraded in the off season, but they were much better this year than last year. Big improvements. They can't go from worst to best in the league in one off season. I am happy with the job Solari did this year overall, despite some bad games.

We lost this game because of atrocious offensive play calling. Yes there were other factors, like dumb penalties and losing Janikowski (time to retire), but this loss is because of running the ball straight up the middle repeatedly for 4 quarters when it obviously wasn't working, and then throwing 2 yard passes on 3rd and 20.

So your saying the O-line was fine and they played well tonight. Delusional.

pr24

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":220npnzu said:
pr24":220npnzu said:
Northwest Seahawk":220npnzu said:

So your saying the O-line was fine and they played well tonight. Delusional.

Where did I say that? I said "despite some bad games" and this was one of them, but they were not nearly as much to blame as the play calling. So you are saying the offensive play calling was fine tonight? Delusional.

*you're

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
No doubt with Cable out of the mix we'll get better talent in on the Oline. I get the concern, but to say the Olin didn't improve a ton (dude they led the league) and we're horrible last year...is achievement of the year.

I disagree I'm being delusional

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":qa2da584 said:
CHawkTailGator":qa2da584 said:
Anyone that doesn't see that Solari was one of the key reasons to us going 10-6 and in the playoffs is not seeing the full picture.

Fluker's addition, Ifedi's progress were all key.

Carson ran hard and got more than was there.

I have no doubt the line continues to grow next year...minus Pocic.

Fluker is old and has serious knee leg problems . JR is undersized and gets pushed off the ball . Fluker was an upgrade for this year but next year we need better talent at RG and LG no way around that. Simmons looked promising before he was injured . They will get better but not with Fluker and JR starting.

DJ Fluker is 27. Stop with the he’s too old crap.

timmat

Reaction score
Great step forward this year for various reasons on the O line. But a focus of this offseason should be to continue to improve our O line talent via free agency and the draft. I hope they don't feel like we've already got the right personnel. To take a step forward, we must be able to pass protect in obvious passing downs. Our passing success often comes from deception - play fakes, throwing when the other team suspects run, etc. It seems we get crushed in obvious passing situations time and time again. Very excited though about the emphasis on the run this season and the improvement from last year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkerD":1xg0l0x4 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1xg0l0x4 said:
Fade":1xg0l0x4 said:
It's hard to block when the defensive opponent knows you're going to run it on 1st & 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down.

That is setting the players up to fail.

I saw an offense that had to play under an extremely high level of difficulty due to the poor gameplan.

Except when they strayed from that script, then they moved the ball pretty well.

Whether it was Pete, Schotty, or both, they blew it.

Dallas ran it just fine and there game plan was basically the same your logic is flawed . Were a running team and we couldn't run the ball becuase the O-line got there buts kicked that's a fact .

Yes Fact. Our middle of the road Oline was bested by one of the best front sevens in the league. You should start an analyst website titled "Master of the Obvious"

An average OL is not a candidate for "throw things out and start over". That's something you use for the 2017 line, and we did.

For the 2018 line, you bring in competition but keep the potential that's showing. All five linemen, including Fluker and Sweezy, have made cases for remaining.

Throw them out and, given their average nature, there's a 50% chance that you actually get worse. These are not the worst linemen in the league we're talking about.

Latest posts