Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3rtqyr3s said:
hawknation2017":3rtqyr3s said:
I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.

The suspense is killing me.

Sorry, didn't mean to be a tease. I think we are looking to take Cam Robinson. I will have a more detailed breakdown on Robinson later. He and Ifedi would form a physically imposing combo on the right side of the line. Robinson's combine numbers were nearly identical to Russell Okung's pro day measureables. He would give the offensive line a clear physical identity of power and length. Robinson's pass pro technique is better than many think; he just has a couple issues to clean up with his hand placement and footwork. But those issues, as well as the consensus that Robinson is a better fit at right tackle, should make him available around No. 26. He is way ahead of Ifedi as an outside pass protector. Robinson, Ifedi, Britt, Glowinski, and Joeckel would give the Seahawks five physically-imposing, long athletes capable of asserting their will on a defense. Of course, Joeckel would have to earn the LT spot over Fant & Gilliam. Glowinski, likewise, would have to beat out Joeckel. And Robinson would need to be the clear cut favorite over Gilliam. I think that lineup would provide a solid mix of power, length, explosiveness, continuity, experience, and potential.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Britt at center is the only sure fire thing. Glowinski being our second best lineman last year by quiet a margin (still not great but way closer to average than anyone else) so I expect him to be in the starting line up, either at LG or RG. Next two who I think are more than likely included in the starting line up day 1 are Joeckel and Ifedi based on investment. Joeckel will be our highest paid O-lineman this year, while Ifedi was last year's first round pick. No guarantee they'll actually make it but they'll at least get the opportunity with the other guys having to prove they are significantly better than either Ifedi or Joeckel, since I don't see a lot of those guys walking around I expect them both to make it.

Based on what I think would make the most sense and not based on what is most likely to happen right now I expect them to settle on:

LT - Fant/Gilliam
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RG - Glowinski
RT - Ifedi

Maybe they go to FA or the draft to get a LT instead of Fant or Gilliam but can't really predict that.

Jville

Reaction score
Bennett Picks His 2017 Breakout Seahawks: “I think Garry Gilliam’s going to have a great year this year. I think he’s getting better and better, so I think he’s one of the guys that I think is going to be pretty good this year " -- Michael Bennett

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jville":1inosze0 said:
Bennett Picks His 2017 Breakout Seahawks: “I think Garry Gilliam’s going to have a great year this year. I think he’s getting better and better, so I think he’s one of the guys that I think is going to be pretty good this year " -- Michael Bennett

Just an opinion. Perhaps a little more of an informed one being that he's closer to the subject than any of us, but it's still just someone's thoughts. Besides, what would you expect Bennett or any other teammate or coach to say?..."Gilliam sucks, he'll be the first player cut in August."

But on the other hand, I do think it's too early to be writing off Gilliam. He played poorly last season, but so did a lot of our OL's. With the exception of center where I feel Britt played well enough to be considered locked in, I would expect all of the OL spots to be up for grabs.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Purely because it was so bad last year, I expect some improvement. Joeckel, Aboushi and Pocic make it at least more competetive. I think the o-line question really is,...is it better, worse, or about the same as 2016?

titan3131

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3i19efzq said:
Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Purely because it was so bad last year, I expect some improvement. Joeckel, Aboushi and Pocic make it at least more competetive. I think the o-line question really is,...is it better, worse, or about the same as 2016?

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG
Ifedi is RT competeing with Pocic
LG is Odhiambho vs competition
LT is Joeckel unless Fant surprises.

Pocic is the new token Ginger (mcQuinstan) Who can play every position. Because of this I dont see him being a starter, if an injury occurs he can step in without having to displace anyone else in the lineup.

chris98251

Reaction score
titan3131":38jclpk5 said:
oldhawkfan":38jclpk5 said:

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

Pocic is the new token Ginger (mcQuinstan) Who can play every position. Because of this I dont see him being a starter, if an injury occurs he can step in without having to displace anyone else in the lineup.

LOL and we have yet to put pads on.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
chris98251":1f9rs2jf said:
titan3131":1f9rs2jf said:
oldhawkfan":1f9rs2jf said:

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

The pads are on, training camp has started, are we any closer than we were in March, April and May to having some sense of o line resolution?

Seymour

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":8bgc9v1v said:
chris98251":8bgc9v1v said:
titan3131":8bgc9v1v said:
oldhawkfan":8bgc9v1v said:

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

The pads are on, training camp has started, are we any closer than we were in March, April and May to having some sense of o line resolution?

Cable will take till game 4-6 of the regular season to figure this out.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Joeckel doesn't have a great track record at LT . That said we'll see how things look in the preseason games .