OC Candidates + Further Questions

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
For those that think Pete will hire someone who he associated with, you could be wrong. Remember when John Schneider was hired, everyone thought Pat Kirwan would get the job because of his long ties with Pete Carrol. That didn't prove to be true. Pete went ahead and hired our genius GM because of what he saw in him and look what happened.

The Philly and Saints guy's seem very interesting. I'd love to go to something new and cutting edge. Which I suspect Pete would want to as well.

Boycie

Reaction score
nwHawk":wc5h0rg4 said:
Keep an eye out for Marc Trestman. There are connectors to Pete and Russ (NC St). Just saying. First year Toronto head coach, this year, and goes out and wins the Grey Cup Campionship.

Fixed that for you :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":w3mrljl4 said:
Hasselbeck":w3mrljl4 said:
MontanaHawk05":w3mrljl4 said:
Hasselbeck":w3mrljl4 said:
Personally I think they're waiting for DeFilippo. Everything about him points to what they'd be looking for.

Pete's looking for a lackey and past associate. I think it's likelier they look at John Morton, in that case, just to see the board blow up.

I don't think that's the case anymore, and if they want Morton he's there right now. Normally you hear of an interview or two 24-48 hours after a firing. We have heard nothing. That tells me their desired candidates are still coaching right now.

Normally you also see coaches fired immediately. Bevell and Cable lasted three more days after the end of the final game. That Seattle operates normally is too convenient of an assumption.

Not that I want Morton that terribly much, but the cynical part of me thinks we end up with him. Pete firing Bevell and Cable doesn't mean he's changed. Just means he needed to sacrifice a couple of lambs.

I really believe the delay was in large part because they wanted to give these guys an opportunity to interview for a HC gig elsewhere. There were rumors of the Colts interest in Cable and Richard. I know Bevell didn't get any HC interest, but I think they wanted to let the feelers and requests for interviews come in before letting them go.

Could be wrong there though. This is just me guessing.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1p2i3oly said:
MontanaHawk05":1p2i3oly said:
Hasselbeck":1p2i3oly said:
Personally I think they're waiting for DeFilippo. Everything about him points to what they'd be looking for.

Pete's looking for a lackey and past associate. I think it's likelier they look at John Morton, in that case, just to see the board blow up.

I don't think that's the case anymore, and if they want Morton he's there right now. Normally you hear of an interview or two 24-48 hours after a firing. We have heard nothing. That tells me their desired candidates are still coaching right now.

This is where I'm at right now as well. The fact we've heard very little about any interview process tells me that some (all) of their main targets are still involved in the playoffs right now. I'm really hoping it's going to end up being DeFilippo. 1 year rental or not he could do great things with Russ and leave him with tools he can use well beyond just a single season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":3hjvermz said:
mistaowen":3hjvermz said:
I would be thrilled with DeFilippo. Smart young guy, I really like the Eagles concepts he would bring. Plus, would challenge Russell.

DTWeW2sW4AIDl9T.jpg:large

Sounds amazing. Russ probably gets a pat on the back every Friday, not a test.
Yj
This is who Russ needs..
This will fix a couple of his issues.

randomation

Reaction score
If we can't get Car or Dephil an interesting choice would be Joe Lombardi who is currently New Orlean's QB coach. I feel like we should be modeling our O on New Orleans give Russ a pocket and he can literally be a more athletic Drew Brees we saw it for half a year when he lit the league on fire.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
randomation":j01l8db1 said:
If we can't get Car or Dephil an interesting choice would be Joe Lombardi who is currently New Orlean's QB coach. I feel like we should be modeling our O on New Orleans give Russ a pocket and he can literally be a more athletic Drew Brees we saw it for half a year when he lit the league on fire.

Lombardi was a name I mentioned earlier in the thread, the fact that he was Stafford’s OC for his best, or at least his only pro-bowl, year is a bonus.

Apparently he and Stafford had a rather apathetic relationship, "Stafford never really bought in to offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi," Rapoport said. "He was essentially nursing a hangover from the loss of Scott Linehan, his preferred offensive coordinator. (Stafford and Lombardi) were never on the same page. The hope now is with new offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter, that Stafford will get back to what he was doing two years ago.", which lead to his dismissal.

firebee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35n0r71r said:
nwHawk":35n0r71r said:
Keep an eye out for Marc Trestman. There are connectors to Pete and Russ (NC St). Just saying. First year Toronto head coach, this year, and goes out and wins the Gray Cup Campionship.
He’d be an interesting choice.

I was favoring Mark Helfrich, but the Bears killed that hope and I didn't even think about Trestman. I think Marc Trestman would be an amazing choice. Former QB with a lot of experience coaching and playing in colder wetter climates and he's put together solid offenses, regardless of where he's coached. Don't see the connectors to Russ, as Russell Wilson went to NC State a year after Trestman was fired from NC State when NC State ditched the entire coaching staff they had in 2006.

Anybody, but Chip Kelly. Chip Kelly has proven to be a personality cancer that rubs a lot of players the wrong way in the NFL, which will negatively effect us in free agency. I also don't mind us running an offense a little uptempo, but Kelly's tempo and offensive system isn't effective in the NFL and it'll put our defense in the same situation they were in this year with Bevell. They'll be on the field for 75% of the game almost every game for the first half of the season and we'll end up with an injury plagued defense by the 10th game of the year. We need a playcaller that can call effective net-positive plays and move the chains at a grind pace when we need to keep an opposing offense off the field and put the game away.

Walter Jones for OL Coach... Is this even something we need to debate?

Latest posts