Odds on Bevell to the Titans?

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3jlt36fs said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.
I predict that it will be Jon Gruden as Pete's successor, I think that is the main reason why he is staying at Monday Night Football for now.

White Devil

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3db2odi8 said:
marko358":3db2odi8 said:
Siouxhawk":3db2odi8 said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

Are you straight up trolling people now? Isn't that against forum rules?

Just put him on ignore like I did. He's not contributing anything.

Best advice ever...thanks for reminding me of that feature. The troll is strong in this one.

as for OP

8ARsWpJ.gif

Ozzy

Reaction score
Okie alluded to it but I think Wilson, Lynch etc. cover up how bad Bevell truly is. He is a below average offensive co. and his deficiencies have been covered up by unbelievable play makers and partly because of a great defense. As popular as bashing Bevell was, its become just as poplular to take the other extreme in defending him and both camps are probably slightly off. He does some good things at times and horrible things at times. Regardless he is not becoming a head coach anywhere anytime soon if ever.

AVL

Reaction score
I have seen worse hires than Bevell. It could happen. They have a history of stupid.

Rocket

Reaction score
Those of you who pray, pray.
Those of you who don't, think REAL good thoughts.
Ponder the going away party for Bev's here... there will be balloons and cake and $#it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":255uhy3x said:
Cartire":255uhy3x said:
Siouxhawk":255uhy3x said:
I don't think Bevell eventually being the Hawks' head coach is that far fetched. It wouldn't happen for at least 3 or 4 years, likely, and by then, with the Hawks winning a couple more Super Bowls, would be in the running if they decided stay in-house.

Listen, I defend Bevell, because he gets way more blame then he deserves. And its not even funny. Hes become the go to guy on blaming after every offensive funk, because he holds the title. Self proclaimed football minds, have even flocked to the idea, because YES, Bevell does screw up from time to time and you can show the mistakes. It reinforces the idea, that every failed play, is the result of horrible planning. But its not nearly that much. I think he doesnt get enough credit for working with one of the most unorthodox offenses. Hes got a QB thats completely different then others. Both in unique skillsets and unfortunate limits. A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams. Im not saying they arent all good in their own right. But they are a weak group compared to most others.

Hes got a new toy in Graham. A TE who cant block, on a team that wants to run.

And an Oline, that, yea......

But yet, I would be PISSED OFF if Paul Allen made such a stupid move.

Bevell isnt top 10. Buts hes not the reason most our plays fail. You can see the bad executions. You can see the breakdowns. You can sometimes, just see the other team playing better. Newsflash, the other team are professionals too. This isnt the Harlem Globetrotters. We dont play the Washington Generals. You are gonna get beat, because sometimes, thats the way the games goes. They beat a guy this play. They make a great move this one. Sometimes it adds up. Their CB jumps a route because he studied his ass off too. It happens. Were not the only team that tries to get better. We play the best in the world.

Regardless. No to your notion. The Seahawks have marketing staff. They already know the opinion of Bevell. This would never happen for finical reasons alone. But also, this would be such a step down.
Cartire, I'm not talking tomorrow. As I said, it's possible it could happen 3 or 4 years down the road. Cable also could be in the running. Perhaps Kris Richard. Look, I'd like Pete to be in that seat as long as possible, but let's say we rattle off 2 Super Bowl wins in the next 3 years ... he might just decide to go out on top and who in their right mind would change the dynamics of a team that has won the Super Bowl 2 times in the last 3 years? It certainly is within the realm of possibility because I think this team has the talent and resourcefulness to become a dynasty.

It's always been my assumption that it's Cable's job to lose. People seem to forget that Cable had the Raiders as a very 8-8 competitive team with way worse personnel than they have now. He's probably the front runner, unless Richard starts really kicking ass and doesn't garner much attention in a few years.

Hawks46

Reaction score
marko358":1dvo56zz said:
Cartire":1dvo56zz said:
A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams.

I actually think this group of WRs would put up pretty darn good numbers on several other offenses. Did you know Baldwin currently has the most consecutive receptions without a drop? That Graham guy was a TD machine before he got here.

You put Lockett, Baldwin or Richardson on Brady, Payton Manning or Dalton's (this year) teams and they are world beaters. Baldwin is a better (or at least equal) WR to Julian Edelman. Lockett will be better than both of them.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":17mcn5zu said:
Siouxhawk":17mcn5zu said:
Cartire":17mcn5zu said:
Siouxhawk":17mcn5zu said:
I don't think Bevell eventually being the Hawks' head coach is that far fetched. It wouldn't happen for at least 3 or 4 years, likely, and by then, with the Hawks winning a couple more Super Bowls, would be in the running if they decided stay in-house.

Listen, I defend Bevell, because he gets way more blame then he deserves. And its not even funny. Hes become the go to guy on blaming after every offensive funk, because he holds the title. Self proclaimed football minds, have even flocked to the idea, because YES, Bevell does screw up from time to time and you can show the mistakes. It reinforces the idea, that every failed play, is the result of horrible planning. But its not nearly that much. I think he doesnt get enough credit for working with one of the most unorthodox offenses. Hes got a QB thats completely different then others. Both in unique skillsets and unfortunate limits. A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams. Im not saying they arent all good in their own right. But they are a weak group compared to most others.

Bevell isnt top 10. Buts hes not the reason most our plays fail. You can see the bad executions. You can see the breakdowns. You can sometimes, just see the other team playing better. Newsflash, the other team are professionals too. This isnt the Harlem Globetrotters. We dont play the Washington Generals. You are gonna get beat, because sometimes, thats the way the games goes. They beat a guy this play. They make a great move this one. Sometimes it adds up. Their CB jumps a route because he studied his ass off too. It happens. Were not the only team that tries to get better. We play the best in the world.

Regardless. No to your notion. The Seahawks have marketing staff. They already know the opinion of Bevell. This would never happen for finical reasons alone. But also, this would be such a step down.
Cartire, I'm not talking tomorrow. As I said, it's possible it could happen 3 or 4 years down the road. Cable also could be in the running. Perhaps Kris Richard. Look, I'd like Pete to be in that seat as long as possible, but let's say we rattle off 2 Super Bowl wins in the next 3 years ... he might just decide to go out on top and who in their right mind would change the dynamics of a team that has won the Super Bowl 2 times in the last 3 years? It certainly is within the realm of possibility because I think this team has the talent and resourcefulness to become a dynasty.

It's always been my assumption that it's Cable's job to lose. People seem to forget that Cable had the Raiders as a very 8-8 competitive team with way worse personnel than they have now. He's probably the front runner, unless Richard starts really kicking ass and doesn't garner much attention in a few years.
You may be right about Cable. I'm just saying it wouldn't be that far-fetched to include Bevell in the mix. But again, we're talking 3-5 years down the road.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":hk8uvo11 said:
Hawks46":hk8uvo11 said:
Siouxhawk":hk8uvo11 said:
Cartire":hk8uvo11 said:

You may be right about Cable. I'm just saying it wouldn't be that far-fetched to include Bevell in the mix. But again, we're talking 3-5 years down the road.

It would be incredibly farfetched to imagine Bevell being considered as a HC in Seattle. That's not going to happen.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":335am7y8 said:
Hawks46":335am7y8 said:
Siouxhawk":335am7y8 said:
Cartire":335am7y8 said:

It would be incredibly farfetched to imagine Bevell being considered as a HC in Seattle. That's not going to happen.
Strictly your opinion. I think Pete would make an endorsement and that would carry a lot of weight. But this isn't happening tomorrow. Winning 2 Super Bowls in the next 3 years would create some interesting decisions

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":r5vco26l said:
Hawks46":r5vco26l said:

Strictly your opinion. I think Pete would make an endorsement and that would carry a lot of weight. But this isn't happening tomorrow. Winning 2 Super Bowls in the next 3 years would create some interesting decisions

Carroll would likely consider endorsing several other assistants or former assistants, i.e. Tom Cable, Kris Richard, Ken Norton, etc., instead of Bevell, whose play calling is universally disliked in Seattle.

It is much more likely that Bevell is encouraged to move on to another team next season, than it is for Carroll to endorse Bevell as the next HC of the Seattle Seahawks. Hell, it is more likely that Carroll would endorse no one than it is for him to endorse Darrell Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":i3khgjf7 said:
Hawks46":i3khgjf7 said:

Carroll would likely consider endorsing several other assistants or former assistants, i.e. Tom Cable, Kris Richard, Ken Norton, etc., instead of Bevell, whose play calling is universally disliked in Seattle.

It is much more likely that Bevell is encouraged to move on to another team next season, than it is for Carroll to endorse Bevell as the next HC of the Seattle Seahawks. Hell, it is more likely that Carroll would endorse no one than it is for him to endorse Darrell Bevell.
You have no way of knowing what you just wrote. It is merely your opinion, just as it is my opinion that Bevell would be in the mix to succeed Pete when he decides to walk away.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":dn09mnuq said:
Hawks46":dn09mnuq said:

You have no way of knowing what you just wrote. It is merely your opinion, just as it is my opinion that Bevell would be in the mix to succeed Pete when he decides to walk away.

Thank you for finally stating the obvious.

:34853_doh:

marko358

Reaction score
Since when do head coaches endorse their successor and if they do how much weight would that even hold with an owner(s) and GM?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
marko358":3cph2son said:
Since when do head coaches endorse their successor and if they do how much weight would that even hold with an owner(s) and GM?
Pete being Pete, I think it would hold weight in this case, especially with his strong relationship with Schneider. But you're right, not many NFL coaches retire from a job anymore. Maybe Joe Gibbs, Bud Grant

blue 22

Reaction score
You crack me up Siouxhawk. You are reaching legendary troll status.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Real talk, it wouldn't be the dumbest thing for the Titans to at least look into this.

Say what you will about Bevell, but he has experience in working with young players and getting them to produce immediately. That is exactly what Tennessee needs, as they have plenty of talent but they lack sorely in the development department.

Whisenhunt is clueless in managing young talent. Always has been. If they want the antithesis of Ken Whisenhunt, Darrell Bevell is a logical candidate.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I see a lot of similarities between Whisenhunt and Bevell in the form of their stubborn refusal to improve, lack of appreciation for offensive flow, inability to develop skill players, the lack of physicality that seems innate to their offensive style, and of course, the insistence on mediocrity.

Latest posts