Odds on Bevell to the Titans?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34n4syya said:
Siouxhawk":34n4syya said:
marko358":34n4syya said:
Scottemojo":34n4syya said:
Hilarious.

The Anthony! of Bevell thinks Bevell will be a HC in Seattle in several years.

Which means over the course of the next 4 years, which is Anthony! of Bevell's estimate, no other team will hire this genius as a HC. But we will.

2 SuperBowls! Still can't win a game when the other team goes one point over the league scoring average. It is what it is. If Seattle's D has a league average day, we lose. Think about that. 4.5 years, and our offensive coordinator has put together a gameplan good enough to beat another team scoring more than 24 precisely once. When a DB(defensive back, not a Darrell Bevell) made a red zone pick six to lead the TJ led Hawks over the Giants in 2011.

Dude, 2 Super Bowls. Why do you need more evidence than that? Sure the offense is getting worse with with each passing year but 2 Super Bowls!!! Just ignore the 1st quarter of the recent Super Bowl where the offense couldn't muster anything whatsoever or the final offensive snap considered the worst Super Bowl play call of all time. 2 Super Bowls dude!!!
And once again a double digit lead in the fourth quarter.
And once again could not beat a team that scored more than 24.

Interesting thing about those 13 games. We averaged more than 24 points in them. Your point stands, just bringing attention to the fact that it wasn't that we lost them by a score of 24-19.

Code:
OPP	PF	PA	PD	PC
CAR	23	27	-4	50
CIN	24	27	-3	51
GNB	17	27	-10	44
STL	31	34	-3	65
KAN	20	24	-4	44
OAK	30	24	6	54
STL	26	28	-2	54
DAL	23	30	-7	53
SDG	21	30	-9	51
TAM	27	24	3	51
IND	28	34	-6	62
MIA	21	24	-3	45
DET	24	28	-4	52
Avg	24	27	-3	52

Greenhell

Reaction score
Jayburd14":2nzogi3h said:
Siouxhawk":2nzogi3h said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.
I predict that it will be Jon Gruden as Pete's successor, I think that is the main reason why he is staying at Monday Night Football for now.

I would entertain this thought.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Greenhell":1pwrsada said:
Jayburd14":1pwrsada said:
Siouxhawk":1pwrsada said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.
I predict that it will be Jon Gruden as Pete's successor, I think that is the main reason why he is staying at Monday Night Football for now.

Jon Gruden ain't goin no damn wheres. Besides his offense is archaic and he hasn't coached in forever.

Cartire

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2oe2qcn8 said:
Greenhell":2oe2qcn8 said:
Jayburd14":2oe2qcn8 said:
Siouxhawk":2oe2qcn8 said:

Jon Gruden ain't goin no damn wheres. Besides his offense is archaic and he hasn't coached in forever.

Theres a reason hes not back in coaching, and the Seahawks have nothing to do with it.

Being the highest paid ESPN employee has a little to do with it. ITs a long term job, that hes pretty much got in the bag for awhile. Its also WAY easier. Im sure he still puts the time in. Buts its far less stressful then being a HC.

And if he doesnt have success as a coach, he could jeopardize any future commentary gigs.

Gruden will never return to coaching again. He cashed out at the perfect time.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":cinuuj1x said:

Okay, we've heard from SiouxHawk, does anyone else have a thought?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1tljl6mh said:
DavidSeven":1tljl6mh said:
One of the primary things separating Russ from a lot of other young, and perhaps more talented, QBs who came out since 2011 is the coaching. I really believe that. I think we would have found a way for Kap, RG3, and even Andrew Luck to be more successful than they have been on their current teams.

Just my opinion.

Wilson came into the league with most of his redeeming habits already present. He already knew when to slide and be content with a first down, and knew to slide feetfirst to avoid shots to the head. He already had the habit of keeping his eyes upfield when he scrambled. His mechanics were solid, his throwing on the run came from baseball, and he was built like a muscle hamster to help make him more durable than other scrambling QBs.

I would have to argue the opposite from you. I've seen disappointingly little development from Russell Wilson as a pure thrower. He's nowhere close to being a full-field reader; he's missing a lot of good matchups; he's struggling with blitzes; and this despite a primitive passing offense.

You could argue that a simplistic offense was better for a team with a lower talent threshold, and I acknowledge that any coordinator is limited by the talent at his fingertips (Bevell has very little in the WR corps).

But even then, you'd have a hard time convincing me that this team would be 53-27 with Tarvaris Jackson right now. You'd have to be able to give me a good explanation of Bevell's resume so far - stuff like play action on 4th and 14, deep sideline bombs to small receivers on 3rd and long, too often forgetting the presence of the best RB in the league - the little dozen boneheaded, inscrutable calls that happen every game. You'd also need to avoid both the "execution" argument, because bad scheme does make execution harder, and the "we're the fans and he's the coach" argument, because that went out the door with Greg Knapp. There are OC's in the NFL who are in over their head.

When there's a building narrative of players ignoring playcalls that stretches all the way back to the playcaller's last team, and an X-factor in the best QB in the business at salvaging broken plays, and a defense that consistently keeps the scoring bar remedially low, you really do need to convince me that Bevell is the reason for this team's not sucking. I personally don't think we're better than 7-9 without the natural-born improvisation of Russell Wilson. Hell, I think you take away one deep reception to Doug Baldwin from each SB year and we don't even make the big game. It was that close in each year.

And Bevell is going to need better than "not the primary problem" and "can occasionally call a good game" on his resume if he wants Tennessee to hire him. Unless they're really desperate, which I hope they are.
Post of the month right there ^^^
Well said sir! :th2thumbs:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":27je0bkg said:
Siouxhawk":27je0bkg said:

Should this even take place....Paul Allen should immediately show John Schneider the exit door.
What the hell are you talking about? Why? Scnied is the best gm in football.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2pbpm2iy said:
hawkfan68":2pbpm2iy said:
Siouxhawk":2pbpm2iy said:

Should this even take place....Paul Allen should immediately show John Schneider the exit door.
What the hell are y7ou talking about? Why? Scnied is the best gm in football.

Here let me help you.....
If Bevell becomes the Seahawk HC after Carroll as SiouxHawk suggests, then it is of my opinion that Paul Allen should immediately show John Schneider the exit door. Even the best GMs make mistakes but this type of mistake would be a franchise killer.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2z648zom said:
Lords of Scythia":2z648zom said:
hawkfan68":2z648zom said:
Siouxhawk":2z648zom said:

What the hell are y7ou talking about? Why? Scnied is the best gm in football.

If Bevell becomes the Seahawk HC after Carroll as SiouxHawk suggests, then it is of my opinion that Paul Allen should immediately show John Schneider the exit door. Even the best GMs make mistakes but this type of mistake would be a franchise killer.
And I maintain that it would ensure stability and it's not that far-fetched. But to clarify, I also said Cable, Richard and Seto could be included in the mix.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35c0ntuc said:
hawkfan68":35c0ntuc said:
hawkfan68":35c0ntuc said:
Siouxhawk":35c0ntuc said:

And I maintain that it would ensure stability and it's not that far-fetched.

LOL

chris98251

Reaction score
If Schneider hired Bevell as a Head coach then the 49ers would have a better one then us, think about that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tomsulla won't even be in that position by the time any of this would transpire.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking Santa Clara would be the best landing spot for Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":il5gekf3 said:
I'm thinking Santa Clara would be the best landing spot for Bevell.
You talking about the Seahawks? In February? You bet, that's where and when I want the OC of my favorite team to be.