Odds on Bevell to the Titans?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CPHawk":1d2rfv74 said:
I'm thinking Santa Clara would be the best landing spot for Bevell.

They're already playing bad, let's send him somewhere that isn't yet.

Y'know, St. Louis seems like a perfect fit for Darell...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1g3jr8cp said:
Siouxhawk":1g3jr8cp said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

Okay, we've heard from SiouxHawk, does anyone else have a thought?
Here's my thought on that belief........don't know what Siouxhawk's smokin', but I'd like to sample some.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":r0hv556w said:
WindCityHawk":r0hv556w said:
Siouxhawk":r0hv556w said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

Here's my thought on that belief........don't know what Siouxhawk's smokin', but I'd like to sample some.

Just don't sample as much as he has...that stuff obviously causes brain damage.

Giblien

Reaction score
At this point, i'd prefer my little sister calling plays for the offense to Bevell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fuavu8m said:
hawksfansinceday1":1fuavu8m said:
WindCityHawk":1fuavu8m said:
Siouxhawk":1fuavu8m said:

Just don't sample as much as he has...that stuff obviously causes brain damage.
Thread win

jammerhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":11n1zn9j said:
Well if they want a HC that is currently in charge of the 32nd ranked red zone offense despite having a Pro-Bowl level QB, RB and TE as well as a dynamic rookie WR that could contend for offensive ROY, then hell yeah Bevell is their guy! Woo hoo!

Funny stuff!

Another thought in line with the above which isn't funny, remember after the galactically stupid play that stole the team's chance to win away from the team in XLIX, Pete, Russell and others were accepting responsibility but Bevell blamed the WR who "didn't go hard enough to the ball", instead of shouldering the part of the blames hick was his. Bevell lost me forever with that behaviour, I don't believe he has the character and stuff to be a head coach, and then there is the reality of everything above. He's a blockhead!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1filocf6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1filocf6 said:
Well if they want a HC that is currently in charge of the 32nd ranked red zone offense despite having a Pro-Bowl level QB, RB and TE as well as a dynamic rookie WR that could contend for offensive ROY, then hell yeah Bevell is their guy! Woo hoo!

Funny stuff!

Another thought in line with the above which isn't funny, remember after the galactically stupid play that stole the team's chance to win away from the team in XLIX, Pete, Russell and others were accepting responsibility but Bevell blamed the WR who "didn't go hard enough to the ball", instead of shouldering the part of the blames hick was his. Bevell lost me forever with that behaviour, I don't believe he has the character and stuff to be a head coach, and then there is the reality of everything above. He's a blockhead!
Could you please submit exactly what he said and how he said it? Otherwise, I'll just lump this together with all the other social media rumormill that seems to take on a mind of its own, but lacks any true substance.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Uncle Si for the MMQB. Great piece. Explains a lot, especially about all the faceless internet snipers out there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":187g8wu4 said:
Siouxhawk":187g8wu4 said:
Thanks Uncle Si for the MMQB. Great piece. Explains a lot, especially about all the faceless internet snipers out there.

I imagine this sort of journalism doesn't help: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ll-blames-receiver-for-super-bowl-ending-pick

I'm not defending Bevell as a whole, but I've moved past the play call. I honestly believe pass was the right call, but not the route...
Thanks again. Yeah, that's not even journalism. It's an opinionated blog post. Something you'd typically see on a platform like .net.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":26b8q9bn said:
Uncle Si":26b8q9bn said:
Siouxhawk":26b8q9bn said:

I imagine this sort of journalism doesn't help: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ll-blames-receiver-for-super-bowl-ending-pick

I'm not defending Bevell as a whole, but I've moved past the play call. I honestly believe pass was the right call, but not the route...
Thanks again. Yeah, that's not even journalism. It's an opinionated blog post. Something you'd typically see on a platform like .net.

Journalism is opinionated. Just because it doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make it less journalistic.

Here's the definition of journalism per Merriam-Webster dictionary - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalism

The article quoted fits the criteria of journalism as defined there.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":xgf4li1z said:
jammerhawk":xgf4li1z said:
hawksfansinceday1":xgf4li1z said:

Funny stuff!

Could you please submit exactly what he said and how he said it? Otherwise, I'll just lump this together with all the other social media rumormill that seems to take on a mind of its own, but lacks any true substance.

Are you suggesting 2 Seahawks beat reports made up the quote?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2uyq8w71 said:
Siouxhawk":2uyq8w71 said:
Uncle Si":2uyq8w71 said:
Siouxhawk":2uyq8w71 said:

Journalism is opinionated. Just because it doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make it less journalistic.

Here's the definition of journalism per Merriam-Webster dictionary - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalism

The article quoted fits the criteria of journalism as defined there.
It might fall under advocacy journalism, something you might find on an editorial page, but it is not journalism in the broader sense of the word. It's blog-like journalism. Think Mike Florio.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":20wysfil said:
Siouxhawk":20wysfil said:
jammerhawk":20wysfil said:
hawksfansinceday1":20wysfil said:

Funny stuff!

Are you suggesting 2 Seahawks beat reports made up the quote?
Gregg Bell is the only one who offered up a quote and that was "WE could have gone stronger to the ball." A) Bevell doesn't even say Lockette specifically and B) he is absolutely right.
In any event, that is not even close to throwing someone under the bus that the lazy parrots in social media like to echo.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qt3j68d1 said:
Siouxhawk":qt3j68d1 said:

Personnel usage was the worst part of that play.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL he used Mike Florio and journalism in the same post :) Mike just takes other peoples work and posts it on the NBC site.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3af2tlq3 said:
LOL he used Mike Florio and journalism in the same post :) Mike just takes other peoples work and posts it on the NBC site.
Exactly. I was saying Florio is not journalism in the broader sense of the word. He's a glorified blog who steals from others, as you mentioned, and puts his spin on it. As has been pointed out in other threads, he has some kind of burr in his saddle against the Hawks. I just think he's a putz.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
rideaducati":126dt8h6 said:
Uncle Si":126dt8h6 said:
Siouxhawk":126dt8h6 said:

Great point. Absolutely. That's what makes the pass play a horrible decision. Players don't make personnel usage decisions. This is my biggest issue with Bevell and Cable (I believe he has some input into play design). They don't think their personnel groupings through. It seems their strategy is put them through their usual rotations. A robot can do that just as well. Maybe the Seahawks should save money and get a robot to call plays.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":5rbzokvu said:
rideaducati":5rbzokvu said:
Uncle Si":5rbzokvu said:
Siouxhawk":5rbzokvu said:

Great point. Absolutely. That's what makes the pass play a horrible decision. Players don't make personnel usage decisions. This is my biggest issue with Bevell and Cable (I believe he has some input into play design). They don't think their personnel groupings through. It seems their strategy is put them through their usual rotations. A robot can do that just as well. Maybe the Seahawks should save money and get a robot to call plays.
Russ has been called a robot. Maybe his microchip was reprogrammed during the bye week